Kathmandu Travel Answers

change location

Lhasa-Kathmandu by land

by yjg Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Hi,
I am planning to travel from Kathmandu to Lhasa by land. On the web, I can find travel agencies which charge USD450 for a 7day land journey for this route. My question is whether I can purchase a similar package in Kathmandu for much less than that instead of booking over the internet.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: Lhasa-Kathmandu by land

by into-thin-air Online Now Jan 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM

My first piece of advice would be to take great care in accepting advice from someone who hasn’t taken the trouble to either write their own home / Nepal pages on here – Often the reason for this is that they are in fact touts posing as genuine travellers in the hope of gaining business – If you check their previous forum postings this will often confirm what I am saying !!
    Personally I think if you have to deceive people from the outset then the chances of getting a good honest deal out of them is about Zero !!

Next – If you want a Genuine idea of how much you would expect to pay for such a trip in Nepal then drop my old friend Nirmal at HMA an email - All his contact details are on the travelogue entitled “A Very Important Decision” on my Nepal page.

I hope that helps a little but If you need more info then feel free to drop me another line
    Happy Travels
    Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines