Kathmandu Travel Answers

change location
aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a long stay Guest House?

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Needing for 2 months beginning 21May. Looking for value for money. in a good location but quiet. Thanks very much!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Intothewild113's Profile Photo

Re: Can anyone recommend a long stay Guest House?

by Intothewild113 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM

If you looking in kathmandu in thamel there is ELBRUS HOME which is in quite place and very peacefull with good location and money is affordabele as well

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thapaliya's Profile Photo

by thapaliya Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Please Try Kathmandu Peace Guest House Tibet Peace Guest House Both are quite and suitable for long staying in Nepal

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Finding a good long stay deal in a Kathmandu guesthouse won’t be a problem – The end of May things are quietening down as the monsoon approaches and there aren’t so many visitors in Kathmandu means the guesthouses are happy to discount their rooms, especially when you are looking at a 2 month stay. But – These deals are best struck face to face and not done in advance over the Internet. So – My own advice is not to try and book up in advance, just arrive and then trawl around Thamel and do the deal then – Then you get the pick of the rooms and are guaranteed to get a better deal. The only other thing I would bare in mind is that if it is your 1st visits to Nepal or if your flight is landing in the late evening it can be useful to pre-book your 1st nights accommodation in Kathmandu, as most hotels in Kathmandu the reception staff finish around 9pm and then a night porter comes on duty, the night porter will only speak limited English and doest have access to guest rooms - Some hotels offer a free airport pick-up, This Can be really handy especially If this is your first visit to Nepal as Tribuvan Airport can be a bit overwhelming with all the touts trying to drag you off in different directions to their chosen hotel.

I have reviewed a few of the Kathmandu hotels I have used in my Nepal Hotels Tips – This might give you an idea of what you are likely to get

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels Rob

1 member found this helpful

• aletaj.'s Profile Photo

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Thank you for the helpful information into thin air.. also thanks to thapaliya and into the wild. I welcome all suggestions and I will follow up and contact. Namaste

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines