Kathmandu Travel Answers

change location
aletaj.'s Profile Photo

long term accommodation in Kathmandu

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM

My husband and I both work online. We will be arriving Kathmandu 21May for 2 months and need a small one bedroom or studio apt. w/fully equipped kitchen. Back up power and internet/wifi 24/7. Our budget is approx. 20000. Can anyone suggest a quiet location but near to cafes, markets, and transport? Thank you in advance.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Re: long term accommodation in Kathmandu

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Narasimman this is good. Theories to amplify energy would make a good change in the world. But, I don't think this information will help me find accommodation for 2 months in Kathmandu. Thank you anyway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Zoe.aryan's Profile Photo

by Zoe.aryan Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Its not that big deal to find such apartment but in that budget you may not get such facilities because normal one bedroom apartment costs 8000/10000 per month but here we are talking about furnished apartment, so living as a paying guest would be a good Idea.

• thapaliya's Profile Photo

by thapaliya Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Hello, Welcome to Nepal - Specially the cultural city Kathmandu. There are many Small Guest House/ Lodge offering long special package for long stay traveler. Most of them running by as a small family Business. My Special Recommend is Kathmandu Peace Guest House Paknajol. Just Near by Famous Town Thamel , Small Guest House with Wifi and Familiar Environment, Quite place with Nice Green Garden. Talk with them about the price i hope you will get less then your expectation Because those months are less touristic month in Nepal and look more review about them. Check this link tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review... Hope it help you a bit . Bashu

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Some good info already posted.

Finding apartments in Kathmandu is difficult as there aren’t so many available and the good ones quickly get snapped up by people already there.

You could try “Thamel Apartments “ which are a fairly new development on Thamel Marg – I have walked past them last year and from the outside they look very god, but I don’t know the prices and haven’t been inside. http://www.thamelapartments.com/

Other than that it would be a case of negotiating a long stay in a guesthouse as suggested by Bashu and then once there looking around, reading the English editions of the local papers and keeping your ears open

Good Luck Rob

by Zoe.aryan Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM

into-thin-air wrote: Some good info already posted.

Finding apartments in Kathmandu is difficult as there aren’t so many available and the good ones quickly get snapped up by people already there.

You could try “Thamel Apartments “ which are a fairly new development on Thamel Marg – I have walked past them last year and from the outside they look very god, but I don’t know the prices and haven’t been inside. http://www.thamelapartments.com/

Other than that it would be a case of negotiating a long stay in a guesthouse as suggested by Bashu and then once there looking around, reading the English editions of the local papers and keeping your ears open

Good Luck Rob

Yeah but Perhaps given a budget may not be sufficient enough coz Prices of Thamel Apartment is too High..... 4 times more then the given budget.

a year back I had some guests from Spain, Whom I suggested Thamel Apartment but the rates were too high, that Couple Had to pay 900 Euros for 25 Days. which is a lil bit Expensive!

1 member found this helpful

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM

As I posted – I don’t know the prices and they aren’t promulgated on their website – But it does say that discounts are available in the off season so I still think it might be worthwhile the OP dropping them an email Then if as you suggest they are too expensive they can always fall back on the long-term deal in a guesthouse as suggested by both Bashu and myself Best Regards Rob

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Zoe. I am offering to pay twice your suggested amount. But thank you for letting me know it should not be difficult to find. I was hoping to maximize my time in Kathmandu and sorting this out before we arrive.

by Zoe.aryan Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

aletaj. wrote: Zoe. I am offering to pay twice your suggested amount. But thank you for letting me know it should not be difficult to find. I was hoping to maximize my time in Kathmandu and sorting this out before we arrive.
     home stay facilities in Kathmandu is increasing rapidly these days..... which are much more cheaper then anything else, one of my friend from Poland is doin the same thing in Kathmandu; living as a paying guest. So if u need further help, POKE me up!! Happy Holiday

1 member found this helpful

by aletaj. Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 4:20 AM

This is helpful. I assume there is a fully equipped kitchen in the one bdrm apt. and this location is in a convenient location? Thank you Guido.

by aletaj. Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Thank you for this information. Can you recommend a good homestay?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines