Kasane Travel Answers

change location

trip to vic falls from kasane

by edwindevoogd Online Now May 14, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I want to go rafting and also spend an hour watching the falls and organise it from kasane. I have heard rafting is better from the Zambian side. Can this be done in a one day trip?

Wkr Edwin

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Re: trip to vic falls from kasane

by smirnofforiginal Online Now May 14, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Easy day trip from Kasane.
    Take the early morning Kazunguala ferry from Bots to Zam (will you be a foot passenger or with a car? I have info if with a car but for a bus from the other side you will need to ask somebody else!). From the border to Livingstone it is not too far.
    Trips and activities can be arranged in town but it may, for ease, be worth your while to find one on the internet and get one booked ahead of yourself.

NB At the Bots ferry - do not turn right by the river bank - keep straight. Ahead leads to Zam and right leads to Zim. Visas etc... can all be done on arrival. Zam, as I am sure you know, do as special one day "Livingstone and around" visa which is much cheaper. You may find Kasane Transportation Tips by smirnofforiginal
    helpful for costs and crossing info. Have fun and try not to consider the river worthiness of the vessel you will be travelling on across the Zambezi!!! ,-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines