Karsiyaka Travel Answers

change location

Where is the Irish pub in Karsiyaka?

by Helena2day Online Now Apr 11, 2004 at 6:03 AM

I have been informed that there is an Irish pub in Karsiyaka which is very informative for tourists visiting the area. If my information is correct it was established very recently by the proprietor called Philip McGlass, and it acts as a kind of tourist information point. Do any other members of VirtualTourist have additional information on this venue? Helena (Helena2day@hotmail.com)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Where is the Irish pub in Karsiyaka?

by Helena2day Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 8:00 PM

I have been told that according to local legend only my WalkofLife could ever lead me to this elusive oasis. Unfortunately, something has happened while I was devoting my time to my WalkofLife; I have been misrepresented as having written something which was not my work, but rather was an effort to glean confirmation of a breaking of a rule. I have encountered a wonderful person in my WalkofLife who, unfortunately, does not give the benefit of the doubt to his friend when he encounters an event which is totally out of character for that friend. Alas, :-( Helena

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Where is the Irish pub in Karsiyaka?

by PLB Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 8:43 AM

As a matter of fact there was an Irish pub located in Mavisehir, Karsiyaka. Apparently the owner fell for a certain Annabel Lee and headed off to an island they call Eire and rumour has it they are currently renovating Grace O' Mallies castle in county Mayo. Hurry up and check your mails, no doubt you are half up the Wicklow mountains. PLB

• Re: Re: Where is the Irish pub in Karsiyaka?

by PLB Online Now Apr 14, 2004 at 3:10 PM

Did you know that the Irish pub in Karsiyaka didn't serve Macardles Ale, just that inferior altermative they call Smithwicks. Apparently the P from H&P Restoration is holding the fort ,or should I say castle, at Mayo while the H in the equation is of on walkabout. Please get in contact because I am concerned about you. P.S. : In the last mail I meant to say ' half way 'up a mountain in Wiclow. PLB

• Re: Where is the Irish pub in Karsiyaka?

by Helena2day Online Now Apr 19, 2004 at 6:27 PM

*** A Last Farewell *** Why Choose to be Young at Heart and not Cynical ? Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you If you’re young at heart For it’s hard, you will find, to be narrow of mind If you’re young at heart You can go to extremes with impossible schemes You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams And life gets more exciting with each passing day And love is either in your heart or on it’s way Don’t you know that it’s worth every treasure on earth To be young at heart For as rich as you are it’s much better by far To be young at heart And if you should survive to 105 Look at all you’ll derive out of being alive Then here is the best part You have a head start If you are among the very young at heart . * * * * This is one of my favourite songs. Anybody who has let events make them seem old and self-absorbed and cynical should read the lyrics. There is a lot of truth in them. Alas, for some who are too set in their ways to start trusting the world and people again, the words could never be appreciated. Helena

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Karsiyaka