Karlstad Travel Answers

change location

Karlstad Nightlife

by robofsherwood2007 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 9:48 AM

I am visiting Karlstad in Sept and wondered where are the best bars and what I should expect to pay for a beer?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Rojo72's Profile Photo

Re: Karlstad Nightlife

by Rojo72 Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 1:39 AM

Hey,

Nice to read that you're coming to our beautiful city. Karlstad is a small place (about 80.000 inhabitants) but has quite a few places to go to on a weekend night. Which one you choose is a bit depending on your age and what you want to do.

Blue Moon Bar is a biiiig place down by the river. It has 2 different dance floors and several bars. The crowd is quite young but not the youngest, I'd say between 21-25 mostly.

Nöjesfabriken (The entertainment factory) is situated in what used to be a factory in the Herrhagen district, just next to the old canal. Ask your way there and you'll find it. It has 2 dancefloors and huge spaces. There is also a possibility to play bowling or golf simultaors here, or even to go go-carting. As far as the nightclub goes mostly young people go here...18-23's I'd guess (never been in a long while).

Harry's is the place where most "older" people go 25yrs and upwards. It has two floors and two different dancefloors on the top floor. There is a bar on each floor so you can just as easily use this place as a late night pub rather than a club if you want to. Harry's is at the north end of the Grand Square along with a bunch of other pubs, restaurants and clubs. The other clubs here tender for a young crowd.

There are a few good pubs with no dance-floors too. One is The Bishop's arms which is in the corner by the river in the Stadshotellet (The City Hotel), another one is Pitcher's which is just now moving up to the Square, when you get here you'll find it close to Harry's.

Have fun!

Roger

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines