change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Euroline station?

by abuitron Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hello,

Has anyone ever taken a Euroline Bus to Karlsruhe? Could you tell me where we would get off the bus?

6 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • Bicycle Rental or purchase

by wheatgrinder Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Are there places to rent bicycles?

5 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • Travel Info from Karlsruhe to Paris

by mkmilan.muni Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Is there any tourist bus service from Karlsruhe to Paris?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • How to get from Frankfurt airport to Karlsruhe?

by Sabski Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM

What is and least expensive method getting from Frankfurt airport to Karlsruhe? Buses an option?

4 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • bustours from karlsruhe to paris

by guruvirtualtourist Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 6:54 AM

is there any conducted bustours from karlsruhe to paris

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    • is there any conducted tour by bus from karlsruhe to paris

by guruvirtualtourist Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM

is there any conducted tour by bus from karlsruhe to paris

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    • To and from Baden Airport

by cathy9510usa Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hi,

I've booked flights arriving at Baden Airpark in December (arriving 16:00) and need to travel to and from Karlsruhe. I've been having a bit of difficulty understanding the transport options from the airport. The airport site seems to say I need to take a train into Baden and then transfer to a bus to Karlsruhe?
      baden-airpark.de/anreise-bus...

Is it possible to just take a train directly from the airport to Karlsruhe? And are fares the same whether I book in advance or buy just before boarding, on the day of travel?

My return flight doesn't leave until 19:45, so if i don't need to reserve seats in advance, perhaps I could take the train to Baden and walk around there for most of the afternoon before getting a train to the airport?

Thank you very much for your help.

11 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • parking overnight at the train station

by thrush72 Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Is secure overnight parking available at Karlsruhe's train station? How much does it cost?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Spa or pool in Karlsruhe

by sandyboyles Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I will be in Karlsruhe for a week soon. Any suggestions for a spa or pool to have an activity to do during the day. I've seen the main tourist attractions and am looking for activities to keep me busy while my husband works those 5 days.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    • Karlsruhe-Durlach to Frankfurt in the morning hours

by jcicada Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Concerns. Our tickets show us catching the 3:37am train from Karlsruhe-Durlach to Bruchsal for a ICE at 4:07am to Frankfurt station for our return flight. I presume it'll all be on the same platform?

Would it be better to try to find a taxi bring us to Bruchsal instead of waiting for the train at Durlach to Bruchsal? How difficult/reliable to find a taxi? Many thanks.

17 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

any good pastry cafes in Karlsruhe?

by PhillyJohn Online Now Jan 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I have had some excellent pastries & coffee at Richardt's in Munich and a small place in Freiburg (can't recall the name). Any real good pastry places in Karlsruhe?

5 Answers Feb 18, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    • Old Durlach Cemetary?

by christinemccaff Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Can someone tell me if there are still the original graves at this cemetary. I am visiting for business and my great grandparents were buried there. I was told by my mother that the cemetary may not be there anymore? Then when I read the posting regarding the "old cemetary" outside the Basel Gate I wanted to know if I was able to visit my grandparents graves? I would need to come visit the cemetary early next week.

Their names are Lisette & Gustav Hummel, they had one plot, and a shared tombstone (I have an old picture).

10 Answers Apr 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Ranjit662's Profile Photo

Travel from Milan to Friedrichshafen

by Ranjit662 Online Now Dec 20, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Hi ! There is a possibility I may travel to Milan on business in January/ February, in which case I would like to visit Friedrichshafen to meet-up with some friends who have extended a standing invitation. I will appreciate if I could have the options to travel from Milan to get there. I am ok with public transport if availabe.

Thanks.

6 Answers Dec 31, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    • nomad7890's Profile Photo

Durlach - what stop and where to go have lunch

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 1:03 PM

We will be in Karlsruhe for the Gluwein meet and would like to run up to Durlach forlunch the day of the mee. I have read about taking Tram 1 - my question is,

-is there just one stop or a couple?

- I saw mention of a steak sandwich - are there little stalls, or is there a good place to go for lunch?

- what is a good little walk to take (has to be around 1 KM because my traveling companion does not do lots of walking even though she's in "training" ;-)

Thanks!

19 Answers Nov 23, 2009 at 5:25 AM
    • kenningst's Profile Photo

Paris to Karlsruhe

by kenningst Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Hey guys,

What is the cheapest way to get from Paris to Karlsruhe? I know there is a train running between them but they are a little bit expensive. Are there other cheaper options like a overnight bus ride or something?

Cheers

8 Answers Oct 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    • How do I get from Munich to Karlsruhe's airport

by cloverst Online Now Aug 26, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Hello. I am going to be in Munich and should arrive at Karlruhe's airport, what's the easiest affordable way of doing it (i checked flights and they are above 250$ which is crazy for 260 km)

3 Answers Aug 26, 2009 at 4:17 AM
    • transportation for day trips

by camdeann Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Hi,
      I have been looking at possible day trips for 3-4 days we will be spending in Karlruhe at the beginning of July. One of the spots I'm interested in is Basel, Switzerland. Wondering what would be the easiest way to get there and if this is possible for a day trip? We also need housing for 2 of us for 4 nights. Any suggestions? Thanks

2 Answers Jun 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • breezemaster's Profile Photo

Seeking short term room or apartment - First 3 weeks of June - Karlsruhe

by breezemaster Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 5:46 AM

For the first 3 weeks of June my mother will visit me for the first time from New Zealand.
      She's 63 years old, very able, physically sound, and a very chirpy woman, no hassle.

But I don't think she'll be very comfortable on the couch in my shared flat here in the südstadt of Karlsruhe..!

Hotels are expensive and not pleasant for that amount of time, so I'm a bit stuck on what to look for.
      In-between renters usually offer their places for 3 months +, hostels are bunks and travelers.. & there doesn't seem to be things like holiday apartments here in Karlsruhe.

So I need to find an alternative, preferably not to far away, Rüppurr would be fine also, as she would really like a bit or grass near-by.

Any ideas anyone..?

Or better yet, anyone have room to rent for such a case?

Many thanks all

4 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    • From Karlsruhe Baden Airport to Karlsruhe Hbf

by marianaavm Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hello, i will arrive in Karlsruhe Baden Airport at 10 pm, and i checked that ther normal shuttle(http://www.baden-airpark-express.de/) to go to Karlsruhe is before that!! so know i dont know how to go to Karlsruhe Hbf!! Could someone help me??
      thank you!!

3 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 2:33 AM
    • Wildpark Stadion

by Bonzostar Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I'm just wondering if there are guided tours given at the stadium or even if the public are allowed access to have a look around?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    • Silly Question, Bus station location

by jaxangelmoo Online Now Nov 25, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Hi,
      This may seem like a really silly question, but...

is the bus/coach station for eurolines coaches far from the main hauptbahnhof in Karlsruhe?

I'm planning on booking a coach from there to paris and have a half hour window from train arriving to bus leaving and wondered if it was easily do-able.

Thanks

J

5 Answers Nov 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Last minute Glühwein-Meeting post

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 23, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Got all directions, etc - here are some last minute items:

weather.com lists Karlsruhe for the 28th and 29th as foggy, fluctuating from -2 to 4 C. I have seen these conditions fluctuate and it may change a bit from now to Thursday - but based on the current forecast ...

How cold is cold? I have looked at photos from last year, as well as other Christmas market photos to see how bundled up people were, and it's a tad inconclusive. I have a big "bear" coat I take to New York in January, when it's windy and snowing. It is a bear. I also have another coat I took to Madrid early December last year. I usually bring layers I can adjust.

Questions:

- (1) Where have we decided to go - (I did not vote, but the place close to France and the Black Forest are my favorite choices). Any decisions, or are we waiting on the weather?

Taking into consideration Friday and Saturday's activities:

- (2) Does the snow falling today stay on the ground?

- (3) Should I bring the big bear coat (below the knees and heavy, but nice and worm) ... or the lighter coat (still wool and lined, but above the knees and a tad lighter)? While I want to be prepared, I don't want to be overly done ...

- (4) Is PrincessEmily so far the only child coming?

Thx!

9 Answers Nov 24, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Glühwein-Meeting - street address to meeting place?

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM

I was in Karlsruhe earlier this year ... but I am not too sure where is the meeting place for the Glühwein meeting. I think the marketplace is "marketplatz" ... yes? but not too sure about the big church.

Welcome any clarification.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2008 at 5:04 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurants.

by Maurizioago Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I am looking for a restaurant where you can eat a simple meal. I mean a place where you can have a lunch or dinner that aren't too fat.

Thanks since now for your suggestions.

2 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Bed and breakfast in Nordweststadt.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 31, 2008 at 5:54 AM

I've found a cheap bed and breakfast in Nordwestadt. Could you tell me if this area is easily reachable fro the train station or from the city center? If so, do trams operate until late in the evening?

Thanks!

10 Answers Nov 2, 2008 at 1:02 AM
    • cdnagent's Profile Photo

Train reservations from Karlsruhe

by cdnagent Online Now Oct 16, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Hello from Canada.

I am hoping to find train connections between Karlsruhe and Meinigen. As I am not familiar with the rail system in Germany, any help or contact suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly
      Jim

7 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Hotel in Karlsruhe.

by Maurizioago Online Now Oct 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM

I am looking for a quite cheap hotel in Karlsruhe. Let's say I could pay around 45 euros per a single room per night. Breakfast included. Any idea?

Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    • Help

by gibble2354 Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM

What would be the cheapest way to get to Karlstuhe Baden airport from Strasbourg, France?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2008 at 5:53 AM
    • wallywombat's Profile Photo

Thankyou to all who helped with Information

by wallywombat Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Thankyou to all who helped with information on vintage motorcycles
      My husband had a delay getting to Karlsruhe after being off loaded by Qantas in Singapore for 5 days a disadvantage of staff travel so his time was cut short but he has been to one or two different museums each day.
      He tells me he had plenty of photos and information so thank everyone
      Kerry

1 Answer Jun 4, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    • wallywombat's Profile Photo

Vintage motorcycles

by wallywombat Online Now May 26, 2008 at 2:45 AM

My husband will be arriving in Karlsruhe on 29/5 for 10 days his interest and passion is vintage motorcycles .Do you know of any museums or business that might be of interest to him in Karlsruhe or in towns easily accessible by public transport nearby .We would appreciate any information we have had trouble researching from Australia for places to visit with motorcycles .
      thankyou

7 Answers May 26, 2008 at 12:15 PM