Karlsruhe Travel Answers

change location
Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurants.

by Maurizioago Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I am looking for a restaurant where you can eat a simple meal. I mean a place where you can have a lunch or dinner that aren't too fat.

Thanks since now for your suggestions.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurants.

by pedroswift Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Is steak too fat?? Enjoyed a 14 euro rump steak for dinner in June at MAREDO, Steak House, Zähringer Strasse 6. It was as good as it could be...came cooked the way I asked and tasted great.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurants.

by Kathrin_E Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM

In case you prefer vegetarian food, across the street from the Maredo, there is the Viva, a vegetarian and organic self-service place that serves excellent quality. You pay by weight. (Tip on my Karlsruhe page. Not open in the evening.) Both are just round the corner from the Christmas market.

The food stalls on the Christmas market - well, most won't be to your liking but there may be options. Myself, for a quick bite I like Maroni (roasted chestnuts).

Löwenbräukeller in Sophienstraße - despite its name, quite good Thai food.

If you don't mind Italian food in Germany;-) L'Incontro in Kaiserplatz (Tram: Mühlburger Tor) - an excellent Italian bistro, I've just been tonight.

From the pubs around Ludwigsplatz, our dear old Lehner's may have some options. Then there is the Salmen. I cannot tell about that new Mexican(?) chain restaurant in the former Krokodil.

Kaisergarten in Kaiserallee (tram: Mühlburger Tor or Schillerstraße) - depends what you choose. International cuisine, quality acceptable. Offers cheap lunch dishes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines