Karlovy Vary Travel Answers

change location
slyons81's Profile Photo

Carlsbad, Marianske Lazne, or Telbom?

by slyons81 Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Simple question: Out of these three; Carlsbad, Marianske Lazne, or Telbom, which do you guys prefer?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Carlsbad, Marianske Lazne, or Telbom?

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Hi
    I can only give you feedback on Karlovy Vary, but perhaps that will get the ball rolling ...
    How much you enjoy Karlovy Vary really depends on how much you enjoy spa towns. I like the idea of them because they are usually in picturesque locations and have lovely architecture, but once I actually get there, I remember that I am annoyed by the fact that they exist primarily to cater for the rich, sick and cranky!!!
    Carlsbad has been a magnet for the rich and famous over several centuries, but the celebrity factor has tailed off a bit in recent years. Karlovy Vary attracts a rather odd mix of nationalities these days: Russian mafiosas in cruisewear and their predatory looking molls are a permanent fixture, and there seem to be quite a lot of Arab clients too, so it makes for eclectic people watching!
    On the upside, the setting is lovely (with some nice hiking opportunities) and the architecture is glorious. But for me, the biggest attraction is the nearby town of Loket, which is an absolute gem. And as Goethe agreed with me, I must be right!!!
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • katamorgana's Profile Photo

Re: Carlsbad, Marianske Lazne, or Telbom?

by katamorgana Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Carlsbad from me too. I would not write that better than Catherine :-)
    Well - Telbom? Where is it?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Karlovy Vary