Karlovy Vary Travel Answers

change location

Heidelberg, Germany to Karlovy Vary

by amanda0 Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Hi,

My partner and I will be travelling around Europe in June 2010. Can someone please advise the different modes of transport (bus, train, hire car) available from Heildelberg to Karlovy Vary and which is the quicker, cheaper, safer option.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: Heidelberg, Germany to Karlovy Vary

by yvr Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 4:59 AM

Schedule by train will not be out for sometime for June 2010, but based on schedule's today, it will take you around 7h 45m to just over 8h to travel and you will need to change trains 3/4/5 times depending on departure time. You may book train travel through DB Bahn up to 3 months in advance of travel date, right now you are looking at about 87euros based on January departures.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Heidelberg, Germany to Karlovy Vary

by Kathrin_E Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Timetables are available on www.bahn.de for the whole year until the next timetable change in December 2010. Tickets cannot be booked yet, though, so no information on prices available.

• Re: Heidelberg, Germany to Karlovy Vary

by amanda0 Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Thanks for the information about the train. I noticed on google maps that driving would only take about 4 hours. Is anyone aware of any car hire companies that allow colletcion of the car in Heidelberg and drop off in Karlovy Vary? And are the roads safe (ie not narrow and windy)?

Thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Karlovy Vary