Karlovy Vary Travel Answers

change location
sunnybeach828's Profile Photo

FROM AIRPORT -----> KALOVY VARY ??

by sunnybeach828 Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 8:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'll arrive to Prague Airport on a Sunday & plan to go to Karlovy vary directly from the Airport, would anyone have an answer to this :

1- Any bus/train on Sundays from Airport to Karlovy Vary? (how long is the trip?)

2- How far is Hotel Thermal from the Bus/Train Station in Karlovy Vary, does one need to take another public transportation or it is walking distance ?

3- What's is worth visiting in Karlovy Vary for a 1 Day visit ?

All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Andy

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: FROM AIRPORT -----> KALOVY VARY ??

by LKHK Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 5:47 AM

1. There is a direct bus operated by STUDENT AGENCY that departs from the airport's

Terminal Sever 1 at: 06.25, 07.25, 08.25, 11.25, 12.25, 13.25, 14.25, 15.25, 16.25, 17.25, 18.25, 20.25 and 21.25

Terminal Sever 2 at: 09.25, 10.25, 19.25

The trip to Karlovy Vary take s approx. 1:40. Price is 120 CZK (approx. 4 EUR). You can buy tickets at the airport, Student Agency has booths

in the departure hall of Terminal Sever 1
    studentagency.cz/kontakt/pic...

in the departure hall of Terminal Sever 1

and a special booth just for bus tickets in the arrival hall of terminal Sever 1 (non-Schengen flights), open 7-21 (lunch break 11:30-12:15)

This map shows approximate location of those booths and bus stops, it is in Czech only but I hope you'll get the idea:

2. It is within walking distance. You can't miss it as Thermal is the ugliest hotel i KV (a scar on its face, imho)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: FROM AIRPORT -----> KALOVY VARY ??

by ramot418 Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 7:05 AM

The bus from Prague to Karlovy Vary stops at the airport and from there goes directly and non-stop to K Vary. Buy your ticket from the driver. Just outside the main airport arrivals terminal there are a series of bus platforms. Look for the one to K Vary. I know on weekdays they run about every hour. According to the Czech bus schedule (www.idos.cz), they run every half hour to an hour on Sundays.

• sunnybeach828's Profile Photo

Re: FROM AIRPORT -----> KALOVY VARY ??

by sunnybeach828 Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 7:38 AM

THANK'S SO MUCH !!! INFO VERY USEFUL. YOU'RE AWSOME
    ANDY

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Karlovy Vary