Karlovac Travel Answers

change location
MGMM's Profile Photo

Karlovac area rural or agrotourism

by MGMM Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I have traveled to Croatia and Karlovac several times. I will be visitng again April to May and I am interested in rural or agrotourism accomodations near Karlovac. I am visitng friends in Karlovac and would like to stay near the city.

After a few days in Karlovac I plan to go to the coast. Any sugestions? I have been to Kravner, Dalmatia and Istria. Is Brach or Hvar a reasonable trip from Karlovac?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • KristaB's Profile Photo

Re: Karlovac area rural or agrotourism

by KristaB Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Hi, very few results for agrotourism near Karlovac came up even when I searched in Croatian:

this place is 15 km away from Karlovac
    lujzijana-korana.hr/hr_galer...
    350 kunas per night

this website offers 3 authentic houses, some have rooms for rent, scroll down for contact and prices, which are listed per single use, double, three,
    then rental fee for a whole house - different nr of persons.
    hotelkorana.hr/priroda/index...

link "kako do nas" on both sites will show you the map

A trip to Brac or Hvar is reasonable - depends how much time you have.
    3 - 3,5 hours by car to Split, mostly on modern highway, then a ferry to Brac or Hvar, check Jadrolinija website for sailing schedules.

Have a lovely time in Croatia!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MGMM's Profile Photo

by MGMM Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Thank you very much. I did see the accomodations you found near Karlovac and it looks great. Thank you so much for the information on travel to Brac and Hvar. Do you know of any small hotel or private accomodations on Brac or Hvar?

Appreciate your help,
    Margaret

by KristaB Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM

If you are looking for a very relaxing place, then I can recommend Skalinada in Zavala on island Hvar. Great food, very relaxing atmosphere.
    http://www.skalinada-apartmani-hvar.hr/, more details about Skalinada and info about interesting locations and details about some off the beaten path places you can find on my Hvar page.

On Brac I've always stayed at my friend's house, but I'm sure you can find something nice online. I'd recommend Milna, Bol and Pucisca (stonemason's school, lovely city decorated with carvings, if you are interested to see how those mighty lions and intricate lace are made of stone, maybe check with the local tourist office if the school has "open doors" for visitors while you're there.

tz@pucisca.hr

Have a great time in Croatia! :o)

• MGMM's Profile Photo

by MGMM Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Since my post earlier I did some reading on hvar and Skalinada was on my list to check out. Thank you for the great informaation. Is the southern part of the island of Hvar better than the northtern end? Will any lavendar be available in early May?
    Appreciate your help.

by KristaB Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Southern part of the island is less populated, just a few villages, the shore of the northern side has several large bays, which enabled a development of towns, as well as the fertile valley of Stari Grad. If you'd rather explore towns than have a lazy break on the beach (sea might be cold in May) then perhaps consider staying in Hvar town, or Starigrad or Jelsa.

I think that early May is too early for lavender, rosemary will be in bloom, maybe sage, too. There is always lavender oil available, and little souvenirs made of last year's lavender. Local rosemary oil is also very good, and you can pick some rosemary flowers and sprinkle them over your salad or fish :o)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines