Karlovac Travel Answers

change location

Hello From Colorado!

by LBColorado Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM

My son and I along with some friends are visitng Karlovac this summer for a few weeks and would like to find out more about the city and surrounding area. Curious about restaurants, suggested activities, soccer/football (my son and I are BIG fans!) and other items of interest.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • CyberCroat's Profile Photo

Re: Hello From Colorado!

by CyberCroat Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 5:57 AM

FYI in June the European football championship will take place in Austria/Switzerland. Croatia has qualified and our team will be there too. If you'll be Karlovac in June you'll be able to enjoy football more than you expected since literally every cafe or bar will have a TV showing ALL the matches on Euro, and when Croatia is playing, it is the fiesta.

Karlovac is not very touristy, it has nice old part, rivers where locals go swimming. You can make day trips from there to little towns in the surroundings like Ozalj or to Zagreb, the capital.
    Additional info here:
    http://www.karlovac-touristinfo.hr/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hello From Colorado!

by LBColorado Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you know if public internet access (internet cafe?) is typically available in a place like Karlovac? What about costs (generally speaking)?

• CyberCroat's Profile Photo

Re: Hello From Colorado!

by CyberCroat Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 4:06 PM

No, there is no internet cafe in Karlovac, you can access the internet from the library, 6 kuna (a bit over 1) for one hour.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines