Karlovac Travel Answers

change location
nulain's Profile Photo

From Trieste to Rijeka to Karlovac...

by nulain Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 2:45 AM

Hi, it is Juanma I would like to know wich is the best way to go from Rijeka to Karlovac and in the case of buses or trains, how much it would cost and timetables. I checked some pages, but they are all in Croatian... Thanks in advance! Juanma

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • diocletianvs's Profile Photo

Re: From Trieste to Rijeka to Karlovac...

by diocletianvs Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 8:29 AM

From Rijeka to Karlovac there are three direct daily trains: no. 703, dep. 05.50. arr. 09.00 no. 201, dep. 11.55, arr. 14.59 no. 501, dep. 16.55, arr. 19.57 There are some other possibilities as well if you want to change trains in Moravice. You'll find schedules here: vred.hznet.hr/hzinfo/?catego... (polazni=departure, odredisni=arrival station, datum=date, svi vlakovi=all trains One way ticket 2nd class costs 70-80kn (9-11 Eur), depending of the type of train. For buses check ak-karlovac.hr/vozni_red_d.h... (departure times in blue, arrival times in red). Buses are slightly more expensive than trains.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: From Trieste to Rijeka to Karlovac...

by smcamp Online Now Aug 17, 2005 at 2:34 PM

In my opinion it would be better to go by bus to Karlovac, esp. since the bus station is a lot closer to the center of Karlovac than is the train station. (okay so its like a 10-15 min walk further)
    Aside from that I think the bus is a bit faster.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines