Karachi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trekking to K 2

Pakistan Apr 18, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Can someone provide suggestions to trek to K2 base camp?

more
    • Road Trip from Islamabad to Gilgit

Pakistan Apr 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

my husband and i are planning to drive from Islamabad to Gilgit and later down to Skardu. i would like to get suggestion for the best route to take to enjoy beautiful sceneries. would also like to find out the road condition, is it hilly with lots of dangerous corners or peaceful village road? How many days you suggest to spend on this route.

thank you in advance for any feedback.

more
    • Road conditions

Skardu Apr 13, 2014 at 6:07 AM

how is the road condition of sakardu at that time is it too risky or normal

more
    • Help for planning itinerary for Pakistan trip

Pakistan Apr 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hello,

I need help in organizing an itinerary to visit Harappa,Taxila, Lahore, Kot Deiji, Multan, Moenjodaro, Karachi and Uch Sharif. I don't know where to start and the sequence of the routes. I'm traveling with my husband and we will be in Pakistan approximately 10 to 11 days. Due to the lack of time, I think we would have to take flights to most of the destinations. Would this be a good idea? Someone please tell me how to travel around Pakistan; I need some tips.

Thank you so much in advance.

more
    • Safe to travel to uk

by Shab1815 Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Hi is it safe to travel to Karachi with a young child from uk

3 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Churna Island

by Mozumbus Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Thinking of Churna Island this week - my first time. would appreciate if any experiences traveler might guide about logistics, etc, plus other useful tips?

How to hire a boat from Mubarak village? Rates? where to park the car??

10 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    • crockery of fine quality but reasonable price?

by muslimah Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

can i get good quality crockery from gul plaza in cheap price? any guesses that how much would it cost me?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • Tourist Groups

by sparkle_786 Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Are there any legitimate and good tourist groups in Karachi that can show you around Karachi?
      I've heard about travel and culture tour group but I'm not sure if that's a good one.

travel-culture.com/karachi_a...

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Wazir Mansion Opening Hours

by Mozumbus Online Now Dec 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Any idea about the opening hours of Wazir Mansion? or where can I find this information??

8 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    • Karachi Bird Market

by nevagrant Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I've never been to Karachi, but for a radio play I'm writing, I'm desperate to learn any details about the Karachi bird market: what type of birds are sold there, are they for both pets and for food? Etc. I also understand there is a tradition in Karachi (or perhaps other cities in Pakistan) of birds being released after they are purchased (in the market, or from young boys in the street), as a way of releasing a personal burden. I know this is also a Buddhist practice (done in Thailand among other places) but I doubt it stems from the Buddhist tradition in Pakistan. Does anyone know more about this practice in Karachi, or the bird market in general? Please share!
      Many thanks

7 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    • Lost & Confused

by karachi_dreamer Online Now Jun 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Hello,
      I very much want to visit Karachi. I have checked into visa, but my concern is: Do I have to purchase the round trip air fare before I send paperwork in or will I be able to just put down something like a.s.a.p? I am worried about buying an air fare ticket and not getting visa in time. Lost on this one..take a chance and buy the ticket before visa or wait for visa to buy ticket? HELP

10 Answers Jun 29, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    • Birthday Cake for Delivery

by remedy451 Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hi There,

My uncle lives in North Nazimad and it is his birthday coming up. I live in Canada and for his birthday I would like to order a coffee cake and have it delivered to his home on the day of his birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions on bakeries in Karachi that would be able to do this for me? If so please provide me with their names/telephone numbers and/or their website information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance1

2 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    • Cheap art/paintings

by happyinpakistan Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Where is the best place to find 'starving artist' paintings in Karachi? I am also looking in particular, for oil painting reproductions of vintage movie posters, product/shop advertisements, painting designs traditionally found on lorries (but in this case on paper/cloth).

3 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    • Info/help! Coming to Karachi After Ramzan For 2-3 Days

by Ismomir Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Salams and Ramzan Mubarak to everyone!

I'm a foreign born desi flying in to Karachi for 2-3 days next month after Ramzan and need help/guidance as my extended family no longer live in Karachi (they have all moved to Hyderabad or Lahore).

I'm really excited to be visiting Karachi after almost 10 yrs as I have fond memories there (I loved the food, the sights, shopping, etc) but am also concerned because of the recent violence I hear about, deception/crime others tell me about, and lastly because I won't have a local relative with me this time.

The below is what I'm requesting info and guidance on in addition to whatever else you think is important. If you're able to provide any specifics (phone #s, addresses, websites, etc), that would be great!

1) Place to stay: Should be safe but inexpensive (hotel/guest house?) with air conditioning and internet access. I'm told that the electricity goes on/off in Karachi so hopefully a place with a generator. I'm not sure of the price ranges but I'm told I can get a safe and inexpensive place for 1500-2000 rupees a day, true? Any particular names, phone numbers, addresses?

2) Activities: I'd like to try to enjoy myself for the 2-3 days I'll be in Karachi, so I'm interested in eating out at all the places that shouldn't be missed (I hear alot about Burns Rd, Javed Nihari, BBQ Tonight, Lal Qila, Student Biryani, the fish/seafood places in Minora, Kulfi, etc). I'd also like to check out the natural sights like Clifton, Minora, and other places. Lastly, I need to go to Bari's Tailors in Cooperative Market to buy cloth and to give an order for some shalwar khamees. Maybe the place to stay should be close to these activities?

3) Getting Around: I don't know my way around Karachi and don't think I can handle the buses. I've heard some people mention that they hire a car with driver for the day for about 1000-2000 rupees, true? If so, how safe and reliable are these drivers and does it include fuel costs? Any particular suggestions?

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. If you'd like to contact me via email, my email address is Ismomir@yahoo.com.

Jazakullah khair for everyone's help!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
    • Kanjoo's Profile Photo

Karachi to Thatta

by Kanjoo Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Good day, I need some info about Karachi to Thatta:

Where in Karachi one can catch a public bus for Thatta? How early do they leave for Thatta in the morning? Any train from Karachi to Thatta?

Is there any campsite around? Or how much one should budget for a normal range accommodation place in Thatta or one of the lakes? Anyone would have phone numbers of any of the hotels there?

Any concern of safety/security?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmed

3 Answers Jun 20, 2011 at 1:04 AM
    • Shoping @ Karachi

by yallayawalad Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I am planning to visit Karachi for 1 day and 2 and my main purpose of visit is to buy clothes from Gul Ahmed, Sana Safina and Lakhani. I would really appreciate if any one can tell me the location of shops. I have heard that prices varies with location is this true with Gul Ahmed, sana Safina and lakhani. If yes than where do I shop for these ??

6 Answers Jul 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • Ferry service from Karachi

by imranhsiddiqui Online Now Jun 4, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Is there ferry service from Karachi to any part of the world like Srilanka, Duabt etc.? If yes, can anybody proide me the details of the ferry service provider?

5 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    • please reply me

by fawad.ali Online Now Apr 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM

salam,
      please confirm me the SOHRAB GOTH bus stand phone number , i wana go to peshawar i dont have any number please send me the no of COACHES SERVICES.

1 Answer Apr 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    • Medical book sellers

by KhalidAhmad Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 8:26 AM

I am a first time visitor in Karachi, I would like to buy some medical books but I actually don't know where are the biggest medical book sellers in Karachi city.
      I appreciate your help in advance to guide me.
      Thanks,

2 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    • ???

by mahi30 Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM

This may sound funny but I am really scared of the part when we have to get out of te boat. I find the wooden slab pretty dangerous. I went for boat approx. 7 yrs ago and now when I have to go tomorrow I am not really sure if I should go or not. Any tips you can give? Help me asap.

3 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    • arsalan_wahed's Profile Photo

Need Camps

by arsalan_wahed Online Now Mar 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me where I can purchase good quality camps in Karachi. I have searched some shops near burns road but didn't find any quality camps. I want the ones that can be rolled into a cylinder form. They have fiber sticks in them which are for the structure of the camp.
      I have a pop-up tent but it is very difficult to carry it around while trekking. Could any one point me out any place where I could easily find good quality tents?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    • Hawksbay Beach

by AsifHayat Online Now Jan 11, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Would like to know more Cape Monze Beach?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    • Mittnic's Profile Photo

Carpets in Karachi

by Mittnic Online Now Oct 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I want to buy a high quality carpet as a gift to my parents and wonder if I should do it during a stop over in Karachi. I'm looking for a dark red Afghan style carpet in the size of 6-10 m2.

Is it reasonable to expect to by one for about usd 60 per m2. My wife is Turkish and very gifted in bargaining but it might be unlikely anyway.

Any input would be much appreciated!

/Johannes

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    • Is it safe for Americans to visit Karachi, Pakistan?

by MCam Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I am American, and I am planning on traveling to Pakistan to get married to my fiance who lives in Karachi. I want to know if it is safe for me to travel to Karachi. Of course I am not traveling alone , and I plan on taking precautions as far as food and water go. Anybody who can offer any advice or an answer to my question will be much appreciated! Thank you!

8 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 5:29 AM
    • Farms in Karachi

by adeel19 Online Now Nov 19, 2008 at 3:28 PM

I am planning to go to Karachi in December.We want to spend a day in a farm. Can anybody give me address of some farms and their contact numbers. Thanks

3 Answers Dec 19, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • Visiting Karachi after a long time

by Khan.Can Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Hi all,
      I'm visiting my birth place Karachi after living in Canada for 8 years. It's a long time and I'm expecting lots of changes out there. What I'm looking for is a little help in locating and arranging private affordable accommodation for myself like paying guest in a house or apartment for 2-3 weeks in December.
      If you guys can guide me or refer me, I'll really appreciate it.
      Thanks
      Khalid

3 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    • lizhar's Profile Photo

American Visiting Karachi

by lizhar Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Hello... I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on Americans traveling to Karachi. Yes, I am America and my husband is Pakistani. We live in the US and want to travel to Karachi to visit and stay with his/my new family.

My question(s): Is it safe for an American to visit? I really don't look traditionally American (I have dark hair and eyes) and I'll be wearing a long shalwar kameez. What things should we look out for? We're not planing to do any sight-seeing, mostly just visit with family.

All I see is what the media covers and we all know how restrictive and inaccurate they can be. I understand the political situation, but frankly Pakistan has always had political issues....

Any comments/suggestions would be most apreciated as my husband has not been back in six years and is completely clueless.

Thanks!

10 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    • Inquiry about Karachi To Lahore

by Daniya11 Online Now May 27, 2008 at 2:18 AM

I am planning a trip from karachi To Lahore in a few days. I have to travel by train. Is there any first class sleeper express train which goes from karachi to lahore nonstop or with one or two stops? I also want to known about good and inexpensive hotels in lahore which are comfortable?

8 Answers May 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    • Things to do overnight in the international terminal

by Phil0505 Online Now May 10, 2008 at 5:38 AM

I am travelling through Jinnah Terminal on my way to London in august. I don't want to pay the visa price to stay in a hotel in Karachi so am staying from about 4pm until 12pm the next day before my connecting flight.
      Does the Airport have showers?
      Are there any comfortable seats to sleep on?
      Do all the shops there only accept pakistani money?
      How much money should I take?
      Thank you for your time.

4 Answers May 20, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    • place to rest at Karachi airport outside immigration ?

by shaista_m Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Hello,
      I have about 6 hours at Karachi airport,
      to change from domestic flight to international.
      It is a bit long time to sit and wait,
      but short to spend the money for one night in the hotel.
      I think airlines don't do check in 6 hours before departure time,
      it means I can't go into airport through immigration.
      Are there cafe or net-cafe or restaurant
      outside the entrance of airport to sit and wait ?
      Or any hotel to offer short stay per hour ?

I would appreciate your help !

12 Answers Oct 14, 2008 at 8:03 AM
    • my mobilink jazz mobile working on saudi network

by sry1213 Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 5:06 AM

how should i switch my mobilink jazz mobilt to local network of saudi arabia..wat will b the charges for me for receivling the calls from my home country pakistan n charges for calls made from saudi arabia to em on that mobile...wat will b the roaming charges..i dont have enuf time to search on their website cuz i leave in hours now please help me

1 Answer Oct 9, 2007 at 1:09 PM
    • parlors of park towers

by fahama Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 11:22 PM

hi
      i want to know about the parlors of park towers,their rates of bridal makeups and their phone numbers.
      kindly send me the whole information.
      thank u :)

1 Answer Sep 12, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    • Taxi service in karachi

by talhasohail10 Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Hello all,
      i want to ask about complete detail of taxi services in Karachi i just know about one service , it is ok for long distance but it charge same amount for 1 to 17 KM,

i heard about radio taxi service which charges per kilometer,
      please tell me about all radio cabs in Karachi

10 Answers Nov 22, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • Please Help: Want to Travel to Karachi from Mumbai

by ahmed_sha Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Hi All,
      I tried everything to find about this..but in vain. I hope I will get some help
      from here.

I am an Indian National working in Pune,India and I want to travel to Peshawar through Karachi(since Peshawar cant be an entry point according to Pak High Commission) to meet some friends. I tried to search for flights and I think, Mum to Karachi flights are available. Now, the main problem is getting a Visa.

Can anyone tell me, how to get the Visa easily. Can any travel agents do it
      for me? I read on an official site that approved tour operators/travel agents
      can get you the visa. Does anyone know of any?

I know I have to be present at the high commission office of Pakistan,New Delhi,
      But before that I want to make sure that I have all the documents and all ready?
      That is the reason I need a travel agent.

Another question is:
      1. Do I need to have the tickets booked before applying for the visa? and
      How logn will take to get it.

2. I am going there to meet some friends..not relatives. Does it create any
      problems in visa processing?

I am new to this site..so I have no idea what kinda question to ask.
      My apologies if my questions look dumb.

Thank you so much.
      -Ahmed.

8 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 11:48 AM