Karachi Travel Answers

change location

Karachi in December

by narissa Online Now May 11, 2006 at 6:09 PM

I will be visiting Karachi with several non-Pakistani friends in December for my wedding. I have a few questions about Karachi since I have never lived there.
1) How often does it rain in Karachi in December? How cold does it get? I would like to have an outdoor wedding but am worried about getting rained out.
2) Could anyone let me know whether its possible to get good fares for travel to Karachi from NYC? Since December is when a lot of Pakistanis abroad visit Pakistan, fares are high.
3)We would like to rent out a house for about a month from mid Dec 2006- Mid Jan 2007, preferably in either Defence Phase 5 or PECHS Block 2. How much would rent be roughly? Where would I find out about houses which can be rented for a month?
I would really appreciate some information.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • besal's Profile Photo

RE: Karachi in December

by besal Online Now May 11, 2006 at 9:56 PM

Hi
    1/ It rarely rains in Karachi in December, and the weather is perfect...very pleaseant, and not very cold. Most weddings are held outdoor at various marriage halls around the city. It the best month to visit Karachi, and you can also visit some interior Sindhs area (Thatta/Kirthar Range etc).
    2/ PIA flies direct from NY to karachi, second option is Emirates which flies to Dubai and then you take a connecting flight. In addition you can mix and match with other airlines to reach Karachi, but then connections increases. Best is to contact local travel agents there and try to find the best fair the suits you.
    3/ I would suggest that get a hold of Sunday DAWN (www.dawn.com) and go through the classified to find various state agents/dealers who may be able to guide. Defence rent will be relatively higher then PECHS, and I am not sure if you may be able to find accomodation for 1-month, but still it is a try. Look for guest houses (again the state agent may know).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines