Kapalua Travel Answers

change location

Christmas In Maui

by Searanch27 Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 8:01 PM

I am taking my family to Maui (Kapalua) for Christmas this year and was wondering if anyone knew about any awesome things happening during this time? Also I am looking for a great restaurant to go to Christmas eve with my folks, wife, and two kids (3 and 7). Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Christmas In Maui

by travelgourmet Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 11:27 PM

Befitting the area, Kapalua, the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua has many different events and dinners for the season and they are on the$$$ higher side but great restaurants. There is a Christmas Feast traditional Holiday Brunch served from 1-7pm. reservations a must. For the lights, the Hotels are all decked out, but a drive to Lahaina will bring you to the lit Banyon Tree in the center of town. That's special. Mele Kalikimaka. Aloha oe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pahoaluau's Profile Photo

by pahoaluau Online Now Nov 14, 2004 at 12:51 AM

These are some of the places i'm going to in maui in december,30 minute helicoptor tour$137.30 or 60 min. flight with 30 min. beach landing229.99 call 1-866-868-7786 Maui ocean center-Largest tropical reef aquarium, call1-808-270-7000 or check out www.mauioceancenter.com. Sunset cliff diving with torch lighting- call 800-245-9229 Hiking- Haleakala national park-guided walks or hikes- call 808-572-4400 - Wake up with the whales,Tuesdays 7:30 to 8:00 am call 1-800-942-5311 or 808-249-8811 Best Resturants-Banyan Tree call 808-669-6200 - Chez Paul- food from france-call 808-661-3843 - Cascades Grille at the Hyatt Regence- call 808-667-4727 if you do all this you will have a great time!! eric

• BlueCollar's Profile Photo

by BlueCollar Online Now Nov 14, 2004 at 3:03 AM

Go to http://www.hawaiimagazine.com and look at their calendar of events. They list most of the local events that you won't find many other places. It is the local events where you get to really experience the spirit of aloha.

• Re: Christmas In Maui

by mauigurl04 Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 3:11 AM

i suggest you go to Bubba Gump's. i heard it's a great place to eat. or you can take your family to the OLD LAHAINA LUAU. that would be a great family outting and also very memorable.

• Leweegy's Profile Photo

by Leweegy Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 9:23 AM

There are a lot of great restaurants on the island. Our favorite, without question, is Mama's Fish House northeast of Pa'ia. It is expensive but the food, service and the location make it more than worth while. Another good place is Chez Paul in Olowalu. Again....expensive but well worth it. Longhi's in Lahaina is always a good bet too. I am assuming these 3 are open Christmas but it would be a goo idea to check. Call soon because the fill up fast. No offence to anyone but Bubba Gumps, Cheese Burger in Paradise, Moose McGillycuddy's, etc. all seem like theme restaurants where the theme is mor eimportant than the food. While the food is not bad, to us, it is not memorable. I would suggest getting the book "Maui Revealed" by Andreww Doughty and Harriett Friedman. Published by Wizard Publications and available at Amazon. It is the ultimate guide book for Maui and has reviews, addresses and Phone numbers for many of the islands restaurants.

• runofthehouse's Profile Photo

by runofthehouse Online Now Nov 29, 2004 at 1:31 PM

I live in Maui and there are always awesome things happening - from rainbows to winter swells at Jaws. But Christmas brings some special ceremonies, too. Dec. 1 at 5:30 p.m. is the tree lighting at the Ritz. The Banyon Tree lighting brings "snow" from the local ice manufacturers. Whale season begins and special holiday outings are planned to sing with the whales at Christmas. A very special restaurant for a homey but utterly delicious dinner is Gerard's - IMHO the best food in Maui, bar none. French food served in a plantation B & B, it's tres elegant. The other favorite is the Plantation House with unbelievable views of distant Molokai and Lanai from the high point in Kapalua. Jan. 3rd the Mercedes Championship of Golf tees off right outside their door. Write me if you want more info. Aloha and mele kelikimaka.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines