Kaohsiung

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public transport from cruise terminal

by Judygoh Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I will be arriving port of kaohsiung by royal carribean ship. As I have only 5 hours to shop and eat local food. Is there any big shopping mall with food court nearby?
      Is there any train/ subway or bus to the shopping mall?

Thanks
      Judy Goh
      Email : judygoh27@yahoo.com.sg

2 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    • nguyenmd's Profile Photo

Tennis in Kaohsiung

by nguyenmd Online Now Sep 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hi,
      I will be working in Kaohsiung from oct to dec 2012. Is there lots of tennis courts (free or cost) in Kaohsiung. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    • Foreign Exchange Student Accommodation

by chinreyes Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Where can you recommend a student accommodation place (hostel or apartment) in Kaohsiung near National Sun Yat Sen University? I'm looking for one that is good for 3-4 people and is not too pricey.

• Kaohsiung to Sichong River Hotsprings

by tobio22 Online Now Dec 20, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Hi,

I am seeking help for the below:

1. How long it takes for a bus trip from Kaohsiung to Sichong river hotsprings?
      2. How much does it cost to get to Sichong River Hhotsprings by Taxi?
      3. Is there any hotsprings nearby Kaohsiung (max. 2hrs journey)?

Thanks.

• sillyger's Profile Photo

Any Kaoshiung chinese website or forum to intro?

by sillyger Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I'm planning to travel to Kaoshiung 20-26Mar, would like to read up some locals recommend places to visit to eat.

Due to the weather changes, I'm not sure if I'm expecting rainy season in Taiwan during March. As I thought of staying in Minsu, I hope to tour around in Pingtung and Kenting. Hope to read up more as it might be a solo trip or two ladies trip

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    • minsu in central kaohsiung

by jane_law Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Hi, am visiting kaohsiung on 15 May and intend to stay one night. Any recommendation on minsu/ guesthouse near train station of kaohsiung or sandou. Budget between NT 1000 to 1400. Many thanks.

2 Answers Mar 25, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    • batting cages?

by ewongcbu Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Hello! Does anyone know of any good public batting cages? Preferably one that is accessible via MRT. Thanks!

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Events and souvenirs

by stamporama Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Will be in town from Apr. 9-12. Just want to know if there are any public festivals or cultural events while I'm there.

Also would like to ask what unique souvenirs can be bought there that you can't get anywhere else. Have been to Taipei before so I already have some ideas on what's generally available but I'd like to purchase something different.

Thanks for any replies.

2 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    • defyangel's Profile Photo

Kaoshiung

by defyangel Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Hi guys

Im planning to visit Taiwan this March and one of the destination is at Kaoshiung. However, I am not sure if it's worth to travel to Kaoshiung as I do not know what's there to sight see and do. Anyone can advise me?

4 Answers Jan 16, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    • princessJessie's Profile Photo

Any buddy/sis interesting in cycling around Taiwan???

by princessJessie Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Hi guys, my friend(M) and I(F) are currently planning for a 13-day(give or take a day or two) bike trip around Formosa, starting on 22nd June . And when it comes to cycling FOREVER in SUMMER, the more people the merrier.

We have already worked up a detailed itinerary, covering the most attractive spots that Taiwan the beautiful island provides, and a great portion of the trip will be along the amazin&breathtaking coastline of east Taiwan..

Wanna take a good look at the BUBBLY Pacific Ocean? Wanna get to know the REAL Taiwan? Wanna taste something unique and different? Please join us in our special adventure!!!

We'd love your company... WELCOME ABOARD!

:-D

My contact infor:

MSN&Facebook: jessie-poppy@hotmail.com

1 Answer Jun 16, 2009 at 3:35 AM
    • winter months kaohsiung

by jemc1984 Online Now Mar 12, 2009 at 4:31 AM

hi,

i want to know when is the winter months in kaohsiung nad where should i go to best enjoy the snow thanks

• listenandlearn's Profile Photo

We are city people and we found a cheap airfare to Kaihsiung

by listenandlearn Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Hi there,
      Our initial plan is to visit Taipei and as we were browsing through internet we found a promotional airfare to Kaosiung. Howeve we will still stick to our plan of visiting Taipei. If we book our flight to Kaosiung, is Taipei short distace, do we need to travel much? How far is Taipei. Would you recommend just flying directly to Taipei? thank you.

6 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 3:29 AM
    • Help in Kaohsiung

by etla Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 3:42 AM

Me and my friend willing be staying in Kaohsiung for 4 days 3 nites before we proceed to taipei. We be staying in Evergreen Hotel

However we have few qns:

1) We are not very familar where exactly is Evergreen hotel so what is the cheapest and faster way from Kaohsiung airport to our hotel?

2) What are the must places to visit in Kaohsiung? was hoping some1 could share their iternary with us for 4 days 3 nights =P

3) We would hope to travel to other places like Hualian or alishan, Ken ting e.g. too if there isnt much places to go in Kaohsiung. We are not sure the distance and time needed to travel to these places as we will still need to come back the hotel in Kaohsiung. Appreciate if any1 can share some info with us.

Thanks so much in advance

1 Answer Mar 2, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    • Kaoshiung 3 days 2 nights F&E

by stormei Online Now Feb 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Hi,
      i will be going to kaoshiung this may with my parents. however i need help on the intineary for a 3 days and 2 nights holiday. Any sugggestion? and also which hotel is recommendable to stay? Thank you!

2 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    • Travelling to Kaohsiung in March 2009

by hcwong Online Now Feb 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Hi.. Me & my colleagues will be travelling to Kaohsiung first time (4 ppl) from 7 – 12 Mar 2009.. can anyone pls advise us the easier & cheaper way to get around our destination? Or any recommended itinerary for us?

Kaohsiung > Chiayi Alisan > Taichung > Nantou > Kaohsiung

7-Mar: SIN > HKG > KHH
      Touch down at Kaohsiung at around 7.15pm. After checking in at Sumitomo Hotel, will go to Liouho Night Market (六合夜市) for dinner.

8-Mar: Kaohsiung
      Plan to visit Dream Mall (夢時代購物中心), Lotus Lake (左營蓮池潭), Dragon & Tiger Pagoda 龙虎塔, Love River (愛河) , Night Market(any recommedation) …

9-Mar: Kaohsiung > Chiayi Alisan > Taichung
      Not sure whether to take taxis or train to Chiayi, den travel to alishan via train. After that travel to Tiachung & check-in at Marshal Hotel at Taichung. Visit Fong Jia Night Market (逢甲夜市).

10-Mar: Taichung > Kaohsiung
      Lavender Forest (薰衣草森林)? > Sun Moon Lake (日月潭) > 九族文化村 Formosa Aborigine Cultural Village

11-Mar: Kaohsiung
      Fo Kuang Shan Monastery(佛光山), 旗津 island, Sizihwan Scenic Area (西子灣風景區)

12-Mar: KHH > HKG > SIN
      Any places to go before catching our 3pm flight back to SG?

Any recommendation for nice pastries like sun cakes(太陽餅) and pineapple tarts(鳯梨酥) in Kaohsiung?

• To Kaohsiung!

by angelmae3995 Online Now May 29, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Hey so I am heading to Kaohsiung as a student to Study at the National Sun Yat-Sen University. I am a student of languages and Chinese is one of the languages that I am studying.
      My mom is worried, she thinks that I will be raped or murdered or sold to human trafficking while there.
      I have been reading all I can and I just would like to know if anyone knows how likely these scenarios are so that I can calm her.
      Any help is thankful!!

3 Melissa

2 Answers Jun 3, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    • Life Hotel & Resort Kaohsiung, transfer from AirPort

by kchiahm Online Now May 24, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Hi anyone stayed at this hotel before? Understand it's quite new.Anyone know if it has any email address? Can't locate them on the website.
      Is it advisable to take cab from airport to the hotel? I've got party of 7 adults(include 2 elderly) & 2 young children. Heard that there are taxi touts at the airport and some taxis don't go by meter. is that true? Do they have airport bus that transfer to various hotel, just like that in Taipei?

KC

• Hotels and places to go -recommendation please

by kchiahm Online Now May 14, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Hi, I'm planning to stay 2-3 nights in KaoShiung. Any good 3-4 star hotel to recommend? I came across Chu Yu hotel which is very near the train station and the other is Citizen. Are they good? I hv 2 young kids with me(age 3 n 5). Thinking of spending a day at the Blue Lagoon water theme park.Is it worth going?Any good place in Kaoshiung worth visiting. Tks Kelly

2 Answers May 18, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    • racerbike's Profile Photo

buying sky lattern

by racerbike Online Now Mar 27, 2008 at 9:15 PM

May I know is there any shop in KaoHsuing that sell Tian Deng aka Sky lattern.

Please provide me with the exact address and shop name. Thanks

• How to plan a 2 days itinerary in KaoHsiung?

by maerCecI Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Hi,
      As above.
      Is there any interesting places to visit in KaoHsiung?
      So far, I only have Love River on my list.
      Please advise.. Thanks~

1 Answer Mar 6, 2008 at 6:39 AM
    • tuff's Profile Photo

Kaohsiung suggestions

by tuff Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 12:03 PM

My cruise will dock at kaohsiung and I have about 5 hours to explore the city, anyone can help me with not to miss places and how to get there?

• vegetarian meals...

by jennafc Online Now Jan 28, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere good for a vegetarian meal around here? have just come from japan - not really veggie friendly - and am looking forward that Taiwanese cuisine maybe more so....?!

thanks!

1 Answer Jan 29, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    • Teaching in Kaohsiung

by fivefeetofun Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 8:45 PM

I'm planning to go to Taiwan to teach English and I want to be somewhere coastal or close enough to coastal. Is Kaohsiung a good area? If not, can anyone suggest some good locations. We don't want to be in Taipai. Thanks.
      Kelly

2 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 12:51 PM
    • ~*About 3 Hrs in Kaohsiung - What to Do?*~

by teenoynoy Online Now Jun 11, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Hello,

As I plan to have my 1st trip to Kaohsiung. Could anyone suggest me where and how I can take my 3 Hrs there worthly.

I go there and back by HSR.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM
    • Buying Cameras

by romsey Online Now May 5, 2007 at 9:13 AM

which stores are the best to shop for Cameras in Kaohsiung?

• Backpacker Hostels kaohsiung

by matt077 Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Need a backpacker style hostel for a week in march.
      Want something near the centre.

Thanks

Matt

1 Answer Feb 12, 2007 at 3:02 PM
    • randyhes

by randyhes Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I want to know about night life and discos in Kaoshuing or music with English and Chinese names.

1 Answer Jan 4, 2007 at 6:47 AM
    • Tour Kaohsiung

by lonaseng Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 7:56 AM

Hello,
      I plan to stay in kaohsiung for 2 days.
      Can anyone suggest interesting places to visit,budget hotel,and famous local food, if possible the famous tribal food.
      Thank you.

LTS

6 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 10:59 PM
    • Taiwan High Speed Train

by lonaseng Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 7:51 AM

Hi,
      I will be arriving at taipeh airport on the 21 Dec.2006 at ard 7.45 pm
      I plan to try to take the high speed train to kaohsiung.
      Can i know the time table?
      How to buy ticket and how much it cost?
      Where do i need to go to catch the high speed train?
      How can i get the timetable for the bus and other types of train to kaohsiung?

Tq.
      lim

2 Answers Dec 18, 2006 at 2:42 PM
    • Taiwan indigenous Peoples cultural park,

by lonaseng Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 7:43 AM

Hi,
      I will be going to kaohsiung on the 22nd dec 2006. I wanted to go to visit the indigenous cultural park. So i need to know wheather
      1)can I go from kaohsiung to the park by bus or should i stay at pingtung
      ii) will it require whole day trip or half day trip
      iii) what time to take the bus
      iv) will there be any cultural dances by them