Travel Answers
Kanturk

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Mc Donagh a thatched bar in Oranmore by Galway, is Oranmore worth the stop?

Oranmore Jan 10, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Mc Donagh a thatched bar in Oranmore by Galway, is it worth the stop? We love Galway and the area and will be going there on our next trip and want to take in some nice old pubs. Has any one been there? We saw it pictured in a newspaper article and looks great from the outside. Can you recommend a hotel or B&B in Oranmore?

more
    • b& B placesin Dungarvan waterford

Dungarvan Jan 10, 2016 at 12:59 AM

any recommended B&B near Dungarvan, Waterford or nearby

more
    • wandeljp's Profile Photo

Hiking this Summer

Ireland Jan 24, 2016 at 2:51 AM

We plan to go hiking in Ireland this summer: No specific plan but with the start and finish of a not too distant airport (or possibly a large station).
      Eight days walking with luggage transport would be ideal. Does anyone has any suggestions?
      Wandeljp

more
    • CCCC33's Profile Photo

Identifying Artifacts Christ Church Cathedral

Dublin Jan 11, 2016 at 4:19 PM

I recently visited Dublin while on a European vacation. On the sidewalks outside of the Christ Church Cathedral, I noticed painted squares that contained "artifacts" embedded in the sidewalk. I took photos but I have been unable to learn what these are, what they represent or the history behind them. I loved Ireland and hopefully I will be able to visit again; everyone was so friendly and helpful. Thank you!

more
    • NewYorktoDublin's Profile Photo

Cliffs of moher

Dun Laoghaire Yesterday

When searching the net I'm finding I can get to Galway from Dublin on the train and to,the cliffs of moher on a bus from Galway . They're telling me it's a 7 hour bus ride from Galway .. Really??

more
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Luggage storage facilities in Dublin

Dublin Jan 30, 2016 at 6:52 AM

I´ve found a good price for my overseas tks to Dublin, so I could start my trip there, go to Belfast spend some days, get back to Dublin and fly to London. Does anybody know if there is luggage storage facility at Dublin Airport or Train Station?

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

1st time visit to Ireland

Ireland Jan 31, 2016 at 8:36 PM

I was wondering if I could get some input on the following possible route to cover while my husband and I are in Ireland for our first time.

We will arrive in Dublin on Sunday, September 11th (10:40am) and plan to spend the Sunday and Monday night there. Then thinking about the following route:

Dublin > Galway
      Galway > Limerick
      Limerick > Dingle
      Dingle > Kenmare
      Kenmare > Cork
      Cork > Waterford
      Waterford > Dublin

Staying in Dublin on the 20th as we leave at 7:40 am on the 21st from Dublin to go back home to Ontario, Canada.
      Is this a recommended and do-able route without feeling rushed?? Are we missing something that should absolutely be on our route? Is there a place on that route that really shouldn't be?

Our interests are seeing the great views, any hidden treasures, listening to the Traditional Music, and of course, enjoying the wonderful food and great pubs!

Any input, suggestions for sites to visit, accomodations along our way (noting the towns and cities we should stay in and maybe the ones we should avoid??

I've have been given some wonderful and informative information so far, but, now with doing a bit more research, I'm changing it up a bit and would like any thoughts on it.

We appreciate any information that is provided and we thank you for that.

Judy :)

more
    • wandeljp's Profile Photo

Ireland this Summer

Ireland Jan 24, 2016 at 2:49 AM

We plan to go hiking in Ireland this summer: No specific plan but with the start and finish of a not too distant airport (or possibly a large station).
      Eight days walking with luggage transport would be ideal. Does anyone has any suggestions?
      Wandeljp

more
    • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

Castle hotel

Dublin Jan 18, 2016 at 3:23 AM

My mother recently had an anniversary and we are planning to make a weekend (3-4 days) trip in June as a celebration. She would like to preferably stay in a castle or on a castle area not to far from Dublin. Even Edinburgh and the area around could be an option. Close proximity to a castle where it is possible to visit is the second best option. could help us narrow down would be great! Does anyone have any suggestions? From what I have seen, we are

We have started to search around on the internet, but none of the 4 of us know these areas very well and all ideas that looking at something mid to low budget.

more
    • annahill's Profile Photo

Itinerary for Ireland

Ireland Jan 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM

Hi Guys,
      I am just starting my plan for Ireland and I don't really know where to begin. I have done England, France and Italy on my own using public transportation, but I'm not sure if I can do this to visit Ireland. I really know nothing about it, really not even what we would want to see, but would like to take my Mom and the guided tours were very expensive. Thank you for your help.

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Car hire in Galway

Galway Jan 9, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Hello all
      I have a couple of French friends who are visiting Galway soon and they would like to know the best option for care hire in the city. Can anyone recommend the best place with the best rates?
      Also, the guys are quite young, early 20's, so is that an issue for them to hire? As long as they have full licenses for over 12 months then it should be ok, right?
      Thank you all :)

more
    • Can you critique my itinerary? 6 whole days in Ireland - Easter 2016

Ireland Jan 8, 2016 at 6:38 AM

2 adults, 2 boys - we love ancient history so want to center our trip around castles/monasteries. Like scenic beauty, but with the weather being the way it is in March we want to make sure we are planning around it. Here is my itinerary - keeping in mind we want to not rush, but also try to see as much as we can in 6 short days.
      March 25 - Dublin - HOHO
      March 26 - Head to Galway - do Clonmacnoise on the way to Galway. Spend the night in Galway.
      March 27 - Do Sky Road, Kylemore Abbey, stay in Galway
      March 28 - Killarney - Bunratty Castle, Muckross Abbey. Stay in Killarney
      March 29 - Do Cork/Blarney - Stay in Killarney
      Marc 30 - Meander our way back to Dublin. Return car.Stay at Hilton Airport.
      March 31 - Flight out at 11:30am
      Thank you for your suggestions/thoughts on this,
      D

more

Ireland Jan 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM

After receiving a few answers to my first question, I have put together an itinerary (not sure about how it works), so, I would like some input to see if it's feasible, if it's a good plan, giving us enough time to see Ireland without feeling rushed (planning to be there 10 or 11 nights), and seeing the most of what Ireland has to offer. Am I missing somewhere that we should absolutely visit? stay?? Once a route has been decided, we will then decide where to stay and for how long.

Please feel free to offer your opinion on which towns we should spend more times in than others, that will determine where we should look for accomodations.

• Landing in Dublin on Monday, September 5th, early morning. I think we'd like 2 full days there
      • Over to Bray, then Wicklow.
      • Drive to Kilkenny
      • Drive to Cork
      • Over to Killarney
      • To Shannon
      • Then back to Dublin to fly home (which is Ontario, Canada)

Thanks every so much for your time and contribution to make a wonderful and memorable trip to Ireland for us! :)

more
    • Drsid1010's Profile Photo

Can I change my travel plan and dates after getting shanegan visa?

Birr Jan 15, 2016 at 11:54 AM

In application I mansion my traveling dates 14 Jan 2016 to 17 Jan 2016. So the give me visa 14 Jan to 02 Feb. Now I want to change dates to 27 to 29 January. Is it possible?
      Are they make some trouble?

more
    • First time trip to Ireland

Ireland Feb 1, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Hi,
      My family will be traveling to Ireland for our vacation this year. This is also the first time our Children will be out of our Country (USA) I am looking for helpful tips of great places to sight see, wonderful food, traditional music etc. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

more

Ireland Jan 17, 2016 at 11:49 AM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland in September, 2016. We are wanting to stay 10 or 11 nights, landing in Dublin and wanting to plan a driving route to see Ireland. I'm looking for advice as to what route to take and what places we should visit, without feeling rushed. We are planning to rent a car (but not in Dublin) and would like to see and visit the recommended sites, along with going off the beaten path too.

One recommended route I've seen in my online travels is Dublin>Bray>Kilkenny>Kenmare>Killarney>Dingle>Shannon, and flying home from Shannon (back to Ontario, Canada). Any thoughts on that route? We definately would like to spend 2 or 3 days in Dublin.

Any suggested routes would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks so much!

more