Kanton Zürich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lay over visa

Zürich Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

more
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

Zürich Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

more
    • customs time needed

Zürich Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

more
    • Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

Zürich 11 hours ago

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

more

Popular Kanton Zürich Travel Answer Locations

• Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

Zürich 11 hours ago

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

4 Answers 10 hours ago
    • Lay over visa

Zürich Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

2 Answers 23 hours ago
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

Zürich Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • customs time needed

Zürich Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Need a quiet place for a long lunch in/near Winterthur

Winterthur Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Is there a restaurant with private dining rooms, or at least lots of space between tables, for a long private lunch?
      Thanks! Auf Deutsch antworten geht natuerlich auch!

• italian speaking people

Zürich Feb 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM

are there people speaking Italian in this airport?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • DavidB169's Profile Photo

how much time to allow for immigration

Zürich Jan 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hi all - I have a US passport and I am landing in Zurich, then I need to get a train to Davos. Any idea how much time I need to allow for customs and immigration? It's not just a situation of transit to another plane, rather it entering switzerland and taking the train from the airport station. Thanks for any advice!

19 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • 78 year old travelling in May - (8 May - 11 May)

Zürich Dec 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We are thinking of stayng at the Alexander Guesthouse. Considering my mother's age, would that be good?

We will be in zurich for 3 days .Also

What sightseeing can be done With an elderly person who walks slowly.

13 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • Looking for a private eating spot

Winterthur Oct 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Is there a restaurant open in Winterthur for nice lunches which has private or semi-private dining tables or rooms? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Early morning layover...

Zürich Sep 30, 2013 at 4:01 AM

My 4 yr. old daughter and I have a 4 hour layover arriving 6:15 a.m. Last time I was in Zurich I had enough time to take the train and walk around the city center. Any possibility of just getting out of the airport or not enough time? Even if we get on the train and just come back!

6 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • bqhans's Profile Photo

Flying from Newark to Barcelona with a 45-minute stop at Zurich

Zürich Sep 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I just realized how short this layover is. I am flying in from Newark on Swiss International Air flight 19 and catching flight 1954 to Barcelona. The layover time is only 45 minutes. Is this enough time?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    • Places to see in Zurich during November end

Zürich Sep 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What are the places to see in and around Zurich during November end and Any tours available with airport pick up and drop?

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    • Customs in Zurich enroute to Rome from US

Zürich Aug 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We have an almost 4 hour layover at in Zurich enroute to Rome on September 24. We fly United from US then Swiss from ZRH to Rome. We would like to meet some relatives while at Zurich airport during this time for breakfast and to leave a small bag of unwrapped gifts for several relatives who we plan to visit after our tour of Rome. Is it possible to check our 2 large bags all the way through to Rome from Newark Airport in the US and go through customs in Rome? And possible to go through customs in ZRH with our carry on bags, one of which we want to leave with my cousins?

7 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Customs and immigration in flight transfer at Zurich airport

Zürich Aug 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Going though Zurich to Rome- how much time for customs and immigration? Flying through on Swiss Air but only have 1 hour and ten for connection. Do we have to go through immigration/customs if not our destination? Do we have to pick up and take luggage- thinking/hoping it is just transferred to next plane through airlines.

9 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • joen23's Profile Photo

cheap place to stay for a night

Zürich Jul 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I want to spend one night in zurich. Pls suggest me some place nice and cheap (on a budget) or a site where i can book.

8 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

Renting a Car to drive to Barcelona

Zürich Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Hey Everyone,
      So I would like to rent a car to drive to Barcelona and back from Zurich, is there any think I need to know before booking this or is it pretty straight forward like renting at home? Thank you for all your help!

21 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • hih1's Profile Photo

University Hospital

Zürich Jun 18, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Please I'd like to have some information about the University Hospital at Zurich and if it can provide an advanced treatment for Cancer patient....

Really Thank you

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

24 hours in Zurich

Zürich Jun 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'll be spending about 24 hours in Zurich prior to my return flight at night (late Oct) and am hoping to visit the following places. Appreciate your advise on the jam packed itinerary. I will be arriving in Zurich by train around 5pm and will be staying at the Youth Hostel. My flight on the following night is at 10pm.

I'm hoping to visit the following attractions:
      - Old Town (Altstadt)
      - Church of Our Lady (Fraumunster)
      - Great Church (Grossmunster)
      - Lindenhofplatz
      - Uetliberg
      - Lake Zurich

I initially planned to leave my luggage at Zurich HB train station prior to exploring. Just wondering how close these places are and if I'm able to be back by 6pm to the train station to make my way to the airport.

Thanks guys!

5 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Zürich Jun 5, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Could you suggest a nice budget accomodation not far from the city center?

Thanks since now for your replies.

7 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • ON ARRIVAL VISA FOR ONE DAY

Zürich May 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

We are planning to fly Newark by Swiss airline. Our holt at Zurich airport is for 9 to 10 hours so is it possible to explore Zurich for few hours on arrival visa or any bus facility is there to explore Zurich city for few hours on arrival visa.

4 Answers May 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    • Good fun hotel for day, close to airport

Zürich Apr 26, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Hi!
      We are travelling through Zurich on our way back from our Italian holiday. Reaching morning flight in second week jun, leaving 1245 hr the next day. Family of four with grown up daughter and 14 years old son. Need to stay for a day in a hotel, preferably offering free shuttle from and to airport, which could be a fun hanging out place for the children and us? And maybe some leisurely activity in the evening?
      Thanks a lot

3 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • View Pictures?

Zürich Apr 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Can I view pictures on line--Johann Franz Strickler?

Reply:

9 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    • syasya's Profile Photo

tour agent daytour to interlaken

Zürich Mar 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Hi,
      I have been to Interlaken before. This time, we will travel with small kids (age 4,2,1). We, adult of 7 would like to go for daytour to heidiland or interlaken or titlis. Do you know which operator provide this service? I have found viator, Best of Switzerland tour agent but I would like to have more options. We will be staying in Zurich for 3 nights.

5 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM
    • Two Weeks in Zurich and Lucerne

Kanton Zürich Feb 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

We are planning to spend two weeks in Switzerland in early June before we leave for Italy--one week in Zurich and the other in Lucerne. Will we be able to explore the high Alps from these two locations or would we be better to stay in other areas that would have major transportation connections for day trips as we will be using public transportation. We were hoping to stay in the Old Town of Zurich in an apartment or efficiency for one week and then move to Lucerne for the second week. Would appreciate any help before we purchase our plane tickets to Zurich.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • Sin_De_Vil's Profile Photo

Comfortable and Safe Airplanes

Zürich Jan 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi...traveling to Zurich from Ohio in mid February, which airplane is the most comfortable for travel...airbus operated by Swiss, Boeing 737 and 767 operated by United, or the one operated by American. The American one has mixed reviews. It's a much smaller plane and its a 13 hr trip.

8 Answers Feb 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Hotel in Zurich (City) vs. Mountains?

Zürich Dec 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Hi All! Sorry if this is a dumb question (I'm sure it is!) but my husband and I will be in Zurich in Feb for 3 nights and are looking for a hotel in the mountains.

I'm not sure we'll actually ski but we're just looking for a hotel with lovely views etc. I'll be in Zurich earlier in the week for work (staying at Dolder Grand Hotel, which looks amazing), so for the weekend I was looking for something a bit different.

But, if we stay in mountains somewhere and don't ski, do you think we'll be bored for three days? Is it better to just stay in Zurich?

Any info is much appreciated!

4 Answers Jan 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

RE: Zurich hostel

Zürich Nov 22, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Dear All,

I'm planning for my next year trip to Zurich in May 2013.
      I'm trying to google search for hostel (2 persons per room) but unable to find those with CHF 45 per person. I'm ok with share bathroom. Any idea of good hostel within this range? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
      Aodreen

7 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • Zurich to Montreux by Golden Pass Line

Zürich Nov 10, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Could any provide Golden Pass Line Time Table schedule, I try to understand the
      time table, by downloading from the Golden pass line schedule, but i could not interpret clearly

I would like to start from Zurich, in the morning between 6-8 am and reach montreux by noon and spend few hours in Montreux and reach Laussanne.

My thought is to go by golden pass to reach Montreux.

Is there a train from Zurich in the morning?

Kumar

4 Answers Nov 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    • Zurich to Lausanne

Zürich Nov 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Planning to start my trip in Zurich in the morning (after 15th November ) and enroute to Lausanne,I planned to see Montreux, but I am not sure how long it will take to complete Montreux and castles in Montreux .

Is there ferry service from Montreux to Lausaane, Is it worth doing compared to train
      My idea is to reach Lausanne by evening 7.30 pm.
      Could someone other worth seeing place along with Montreux,

Also is it worth doing a trip to lucerne, Mt Rigi or Titlis in November month

Kumar

2 Answers Nov 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    • Things to do for 10 days in zurich

Zürich Nov 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hi,

Any suggestions on what to visit in zurich between nov 9 and nov 19,2012?
      Also I would like to explore zurich and near by places by local transport.Any tips on the rail passes?

Appreciate your help !

11 Answers Nov 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM