change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

where to stay for eur 80 - 100

Zürich Jun 17, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hi i will be arrrving in zurich from Milan by train on 4 july and flying out zurich on 5 july at a 10.30 pm . so i technically have 2 full days .. planning to cruise the lake and on the next day visit lucern and mt titilis .

my question is where should i stay . i have reseach 2 possible hotel , 25 hour zurich west hotel or hotel limmathof .

or any suggestion is fine with me

thankyou

more

Popular Kanton Zürich Travel Answer Locations

• SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

where to stay for eur 80 - 100

Zürich Jun 17, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hi i will be arrrving in zurich from Milan by train on 4 july and flying out zurich on 5 july at a 10.30 pm . so i technically have 2 full days .. planning to cruise the lake and on the next day visit lucern and mt titilis .

my question is where should i stay . i have reseach 2 possible hotel , 25 hour zurich west hotel or hotel limmathof .

or any suggestion is fine with me

thankyou

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM
    • costs of clothings

Zürich Jun 8, 2014 at 6:59 PM

how much is the following in Zurich:

1. suit case
      2. chargers
      3.cosmetics
      4. bra
      5. underwear
      6. sunglasses
      7. jeans
      8. jacket
      9. socks
      10. bonnet
      11. gloves
      12. towel
      13. scarf

4 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • Day trips out of Zurich

Zürich Jun 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I am a photographer, so I am interested in finding day trips departing out of a Zurich base - in any direction. Have a SW rail pass, so should probably take advantage of that! :) Also considering one overnight trip into Austria. Have been to Innsbruck previously.

Castles are nice but probably looking more for wine or lakes, etc. Have done numerous castle ventures.

Thanks
      Bruce

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM
    • 5 Hours between Flights at Zurich Airport

Zürich May 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Hello!

I am a US citizen and I booked a flight from Boston to Barcelona via Zurich on Swiss airlines. My layover in Zurich is 5 hours. I am wondering if I have enough time to quickly enjoy Zurich before I depart for Barcelona. I've read that by train, it is about 10-15 minutes to Zurich.

A few questions...

1. Will my luggage go straight to Barcelona as I am booked to Barcelona on the same airline (Swiss) or will I have to get my luggage and re-check it in?

2. If my luggage is indeed going all the way through to Barcelona, can I go through passport control and exit the airport even though my check in luggage is still at the airport?

3. For a 16:00 Swiss flight from Zurich to Barcelona, what time should I plan on arriving at the Zurich airport?

I understand that under the very best circumstances, my time in Zurich will be very limited. Even just an hour to walk around would make it worth it to me.

4 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Visa Requirements

Zürich May 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I am flying from Ny to Nairobi, Kenya and have a 45 min layover between Zurich and Nairobi. Will I need any visas and is there enough time to make my connecting flight?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • From Zürich airport to Rifferswil

Kanton Zürich May 30, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Transportation for five persons from Zürich airport to Rifferswil at about 11 pm possibly on wednesday august 6. What is the best way to make that. And if you have an idea of the cost would be useful to know. Thank you for helping!

5 Answers May 30, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    • Travel to andermatt from Zurich airport with bicycle

Zürich May 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM

What is the easiest way to get from Zurich airport to andermatt with a bicycle arriving July 1st 2014

5 Answers May 27, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • Taxi - Basel Airport to Winterthur

Winterthur May 18, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Please can anyone recommend a Taxi service to collect 5 people from Basel Airport and take them to Winterthur... return trip 2 days later.

Thank you Redfletch

2 Answers May 18, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

How to kill time at Zurich airport

Zürich Apr 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I will have to kill 2 hrs and, on the way back home, 3 hrs at Zürich airport, any ideas on what I could do during this time? I guess the time is too short for a short visit to the city centre? Is there anything special one can do at Zürich airport besides having something to eat or checking out the shops?

Many thanks in advance!

2 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    • Bus Services Zurich to Munich

Zürich Apr 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hello , I am travelling to Engelberg for Christmas this year, i have plans to go to Munich. Please advice me with bus timings, company and rates. Is there any bus around 11 am from Zurich to Munich , or any direct buses fro Engelberg to Munich.

5 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • Bauhinia2002's Profile Photo

What businesses are opened on 29 May 2014?

Zürich Apr 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

On that day a public holiday in Zurich, are there many shops open for business in the old town? Not sure what to expect to do or to see.

Thanks for any tips.

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    • Break journey in Zurich for 4 days

Zürich Apr 17, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I am planning a break journey in Zurich for 4 days. How can I organize tours possibly to cover some places in Switzerland for about 2 days and possibly around Munich for 1.5 days?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Going to Munich

Zürich Apr 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Hello , i am going to munich tomorrow. does anyone knows the cheaper way to go there

11 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Visitor Visa of Germany but Arrival to/Departure from Zurich?

Zürich Apr 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I live in Germany and invited my mother on Visitor Visa. She go the visa in Germany. As I live near to Switzerland in Germany, so it booking the flights to Zurich is more convenient for us.
      My Question is that can she arrive at Zurich and depart from Zurich though she has Visitor Visa for Germany? Or does she need to Land in Germany first?

4 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Lay over visa

Zürich Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have to fly through zurich which is a 5 hour lay over , i would not be going outside th airport do i still need a transit visa for layovers in zurich . Im flying to India And carry a indian passport and expired US visa as my status has changed from student to working .

Thank you

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    • 1 hour 45 minutes layover

Zürich Mar 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling from NY, US to Athens,GR (I have a EU passport) with a connection flight though Zurich airport. I have 1 and 45 minutes layover. DO you think is enough, considering the fact that I'll have my 3 year old son with me?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • customs time needed

Zürich Mar 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM

flying into zurich with SWISS airlines and flying out with another airline to Athens. I have a 2 and a 1/2 hour window between landing and take off will this be enough time?

3 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Need a quiet place for a long lunch in/near Winterthur

Winterthur Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Is there a restaurant with private dining rooms, or at least lots of space between tables, for a long private lunch?
      Thanks! Auf Deutsch antworten geht natuerlich auch!

• italian speaking people

Zürich Feb 3, 2014 at 7:46 AM

are there people speaking Italian in this airport?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • DavidB169's Profile Photo

how much time to allow for immigration

Zürich Jan 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hi all - I have a US passport and I am landing in Zurich, then I need to get a train to Davos. Any idea how much time I need to allow for customs and immigration? It's not just a situation of transit to another plane, rather it entering switzerland and taking the train from the airport station. Thanks for any advice!

19 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • 78 year old travelling in May - (8 May - 11 May)

Zürich Dec 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We are thinking of stayng at the Alexander Guesthouse. Considering my mother's age, would that be good?

We will be in zurich for 3 days .Also

What sightseeing can be done With an elderly person who walks slowly.

13 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    • Looking for a private eating spot

Winterthur Oct 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Is there a restaurant open in Winterthur for nice lunches which has private or semi-private dining tables or rooms? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Early morning layover...

Zürich Sep 30, 2013 at 4:01 AM

My 4 yr. old daughter and I have a 4 hour layover arriving 6:15 a.m. Last time I was in Zurich I had enough time to take the train and walk around the city center. Any possibility of just getting out of the airport or not enough time? Even if we get on the train and just come back!

6 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • bqhans's Profile Photo

Flying from Newark to Barcelona with a 45-minute stop at Zurich

Zürich Sep 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I just realized how short this layover is. I am flying in from Newark on Swiss International Air flight 19 and catching flight 1954 to Barcelona. The layover time is only 45 minutes. Is this enough time?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    • Places to see in Zurich during November end

Zürich Sep 5, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What are the places to see in and around Zurich during November end and Any tours available with airport pick up and drop?

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    • Customs in Zurich enroute to Rome from US

Zürich Aug 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

We have an almost 4 hour layover at in Zurich enroute to Rome on September 24. We fly United from US then Swiss from ZRH to Rome. We would like to meet some relatives while at Zurich airport during this time for breakfast and to leave a small bag of unwrapped gifts for several relatives who we plan to visit after our tour of Rome. Is it possible to check our 2 large bags all the way through to Rome from Newark Airport in the US and go through customs in Rome? And possible to go through customs in ZRH with our carry on bags, one of which we want to leave with my cousins?

7 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    • Customs and immigration in flight transfer at Zurich airport

Zürich Aug 6, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Going though Zurich to Rome- how much time for customs and immigration? Flying through on Swiss Air but only have 1 hour and ten for connection. Do we have to go through immigration/customs if not our destination? Do we have to pick up and take luggage- thinking/hoping it is just transferred to next plane through airlines.

9 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    • joen23's Profile Photo

cheap place to stay for a night

Zürich Jul 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I want to spend one night in zurich. Pls suggest me some place nice and cheap (on a budget) or a site where i can book.

8 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • rimbaldi's Profile Photo

Renting a Car to drive to Barcelona

Zürich Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Hey Everyone,
      So I would like to rent a car to drive to Barcelona and back from Zurich, is there any think I need to know before booking this or is it pretty straight forward like renting at home? Thank you for all your help!

22 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    • hih1's Profile Photo

University Hospital

Zürich Jun 18, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Please I'd like to have some information about the University Hospital at Zurich and if it can provide an advanced treatment for Cancer patient....

Really Thank you

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM