Kanton Sankt Gallen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Skiing at the Matterhorn in Early June

Alps Mar 18, 2015 at 5:51 AM

My daughter and I are driving from Rome up to the Alps. We are interested in skiing at the Matterhorn. However, we don't want to pack ski clothes. Will we need parkas at that time of year? I know we can rent equipment. Any advice as to where, how much, etc? Anyone who has done this, please share your experience. Also, any advice as to where to stay? We will only be there one night. Thank you.

more
    • Asian food

Brig Mar 23, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Is there a Chinese or an Indian restaurant in brig or visp

more
    • Half fare card

Switzerland Mar 23, 2015 at 2:41 AM

Hi,

We're not sure it would be worth buying a half fare card, which we'd only use for 2 days. We'll be staying in Murren and need it for going back and forth to Lauterbrunnen, the Allmendhubel (possibly one way only, as we;ll walk down), and a round trip to Grindelwald. seeing that the cost of the card is £86 per person, will it be worth getting/

Thanks very much.

Cathy

more
    • How to spend 3 days/nights?

Switzerland Mar 16, 2015 at 6:10 PM

This June, my wife and I will be spending a week in Paris, then 4 days/nights in Switzerland, where we've not been before. The last night must be in Zurich, from where we will fly back to the States the next morning. We'd like to do some hiking and a take a scenic train ride, so my thought was to spend the other 3 nights in Berner Oberland. My questions:
      (1) where should we stay for the 3 nights, and why? Interlaken? Grindelwald? (I assume that these are reachable by train from Paris.)
      (2) should we do only day hikes, or is there an overnight hike which would fit our plans, and if so, which?
      (3) would we be missing much by taking the Jungfraujoch train vs. the Bernina or William Tell Express?

Thanks very much for any advice you can offer!

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

is train station located near Route des Châtaigniers, 1816 Montreux, Switzerland Hôtel de Chailly ?

Montreux Mar 13, 2015 at 8:07 AM

I am trying to book a hotel since the only hostel there is booked... not sure the distance between the hotel and the train station.. since the next day we want to get on the golden pass... I could not tell on the map where is the train station so not sure how far it would be from the hotel

more
    • Where is the tickets spot of golden round trip in Lucerne?

Lucerne Mar 12, 2015 at 7:41 AM

I want to buy tickets of golden round trip with Swiss Half Fare card.
      Where is the tickets shopping spot I can find before boarding the boat in Lucerne?
      And totally we are 7 people, should I reserve in advance to avoid missing the boat schedule I prefer because there will be too many people?

more
    • Motorway sticker

Switzerland Mar 23, 2015 at 2:20 AM

Hi,

We'll be driving into Switzerland from Germany and wonder how we can get the sticker allowing us to travel on the motorway. Are there places to buy these at the borders?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

more

Do I have to pay cash at any of the hostels?

Zürich Mar 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

it has been a few years since I went to Europe just want to find out if I can pay via credit card now or I still have to pay cash.

thanks!
      Daisy

more
    • clothing advice

Geneva Mar 5, 2015 at 8:35 PM

i am from the caribbean and used to warmth. i am to travel to Geneva in May, what types of clothes should i pack?

more
    • First week in May

Grindelwald Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I'm flying into Milan on May 4th and heading to Grindelwald on the 5th. Are there going to be restaurants open and also decent hiking conditions? Thanks Chris!!!

more
    • Train to Venice from Lugano

Lugano Mar 23, 2015 at 3:58 AM

is lugano in Switzerland? Will I find a train to Venice?

more
    • one night layover in Zurich...itinerary question

Zürich Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 AM

I'm arriving in Zurich at 9:40pm on a Wednesday evening in June, and flying out (back home to Canada) the next morning at 9:30am. I would love to check out Zurich in my limited time. I hope my plan is possible. Any advice?
      My tentative plan:

Arrive and be out of the airport by 11pm (approx?)
      Take public transit to Zurich HB Stn
      Check into a hotel within 10-15 minutes walking distance from this station (possibly finding something under 200 CFH? Suggestions?)
      Walk around and check out the Old town, wander a bit and find some late night drinks and food - something with local feel (Suggestions?)
      Back to hotel to sleep for a couple hours, then grab a sunrise coffee and catch train back to airport at 6:30am (enough time for a 9:30am flight?)

I really hope I can make this work. Thank you in advance for any feedback :)

more

does golden pass only stop at OST station?

Interlaken Mar 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM

It seems, if so I need to find a hostel closer to OST and not west station, since my parents want somewhere close and not have to walk 15-20 mins if the location is closer to west station.

I did not find anything on golden pass schedule that stop at west station.
      I want to make sure my observation is correct and it is best for me to find a hostel close to OST station.

thanks

more
    • Thungs to do in Vevey

Vevey Mar 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Is there a wine festival in Vevey that occurs in the June/July timeframe?

more
    • Visit Gimmelwald in May

Switzerland Mar 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Is it a good time to visit Gimmelwald and Jungfraujoch during the last week of May. Will the restaurants and stores be open? Thanks!

more
    • Does it snow in December?

Interlaken 21 hours ago

We are going to Europe for Christmas/New Year, but there's very little chance of snow in Spain/France/Italy. We're from the Philippines and this is our first time to hopefully experience snow. What are the chances that it will be snowing in Interlaken on December 27 and 28? Thank you!

more

Rail travel pass question... very confused........... NEED HELP!!

Switzerland Mar 13, 2015 at 6:59 AM

I was on http://www.raileurope.com/index.html look for a train schedule from Lausanne to Monteux, when I put in I have either swiss travel pass or eurail Austria - Switzerland pass, it will tell me there is no schedule available at this time, but if I choose I have no travel pass, there are schedules.
      I thought the reason I get a pass so that I can travel anywhere and be covered I am really confused...

thanks for all your help!!!

more
    • BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Short layover sufficient?

Zürich Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm flying on SWISS and there's a short transit in Zurich airport. Though there's a fast train from the airport, is a 3 hour layover enough time to visit Zurich city center or should I just not risk it and hang around at the airport? Thanks

more

Popular Kanton Sankt Gallen Travel Answer Locations

• travel card?

Sankt Gallen Jun 26, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I am flying to Zurich in July and will be staying in St Gallen for 2 weeks.I want to visit Lake Constance area returning each evening to St Gallen.Is the Swiss half fare Card the most economical way for me to travel? I've not been able to find the fares between St Gallen and the Lake Constance area.
      Thank you.

• Jasonconga's Profile Photo

Hitchhiking from Buchs to Chur?

Buchs Nov 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to go from Buchs SG to Chur on Friday around lunchtime. I will be walking/bussing from Liechtenstein to Buchs. I could take a train but it's only 40 minutes and maybe I could hitchhike there easily. Where should I stand to get a ride to Chur?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    • Easter Foods

Sankt Gallen Feb 7, 2008 at 8:16 AM

My husband and I will visiting St. Gallen with our two children during Easter this year. Can anyone tell us what foods are traditional in this area for an Easter dinnercelebration? Thanks.

Mary

• Visit Austria?

Sankt Gallen Jun 18, 2007 at 4:37 AM

We are planning a visit to St Gallen, my Mom's birthplace. How close would that be to Austria, and would it be worth the trip if we could only spend an afternoon?
      What is the Austrian town with stuff to do that is closest to St Gallen?
      Any suggestions? There sure seems a lot to do in St Gallen itself.
      thanks in advance
      scott

2 Answers Aug 17, 2007 at 9:07 AM