change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for China Town in or close to Geneva, Switzerland

Geneva Dec 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Good morning,
      Looking for China town in Geneva or close to? Any tip to share?
      Thank you per advance.

more
    • A 6 days 5 nights itinerary in Switzerland? (Zurich, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Geneva?)

Switzerland Dec 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone. I and my friend (2 girls) will be travelling to Switzerland from 22-27January. We will be arriving in Zurich on 22Jan (22:30) and departing in Geneva on 27Jan (12:25).

We would love to see the mountains and alps (more of the nature) during our trip. We would also love to see a bit of the city part. We are confused about where we should stay for visiting the mountains and the transport. My friends recommended me to go to Appenzell, Santis, Walensee, St Moritz, Montreux and Zermatt. Really hope someone can help us with that as this is our first time going to Switzerland and planning from scratch for our trip. Any recommendations/ suggestions please? I know we sound really greedy because there seem to be a lot of nice places that we don't wanna miss! But we would also want a relaxing trip which we can really spend some decent time in the beautiful places. Please share with us your ideas... Loads of thanks! :)

more
    • jesseniart's Profile Photo

What are the most scenic hotels/lodges in Switzerland?

Switzerland Dec 6, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I've got a voucher of $3000 to spend on accommodation in Switzerland! I want to know of the most beautiful hotels in the country. I'm a real lover of nature and want to stay somewhere with mountain ranges and hiking opportunities.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

more
    • Chur to Zermatt via Glacier Express

Switzerland 13 hours ago

Me and my wife are travelling to Switzerland in the last week of January 2015. I would be travelling from Chur to Zermatt via Glacier express on 26th January 2015. I wanted to know the fare details for the same. I wish to travel from a second class and not first. When I inquired from here (http://www.glacierexpress.ch), it showed me a whopping Rs 60,000 INR (903 CHF). Could you guide me on how can I save on the fare, if I book online from India and if I book from Chur. Thanks, Vinit

more
    • what to do if your not a skier?

Grindelwald Oct 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

hi we are in Grindelwald for Xmas with family who are experienced skiers. We are not! We are there for 6 days inc. Xmas day could you let us know what we could do? The railway journey through the mountain looks good? Any info wld be grateful. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Catholic mass

Kandersteg Oct 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I would like to know of a Catholic church close to Kenderstag that celebrates mass on Sundays (or week days).

Thanks,

Freddy

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Sunday in Bern or Interlaken

Kanton Bern Sep 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

We are traveling with our 8 and 14 year olds next March to Lauterbrunnen from Paris by train on a Saturday. Given the schedules I was thinking it might be better to stop at Bern or Interlaken for the night as it will make for a long train day and put us in Lauterbrunnen late. The question is which would be preferable for Sunday (the next day) Bern or Interlaken as I understand there is not much open. Thoughts? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • How many days should I stay in gimmelwald?

Gimmelwald Sep 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi folks, I am going to Gimmelwald in this coming days and decided to stay there for 3days. Is it enough or too much? Cheers.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • luggage storage at station

Thun Sep 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM

is there a service that lets you store your suitcases at thun station for half a day?
      if so, is it safe and reliable?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • dog friendly restaurants

Grindelwald Aug 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Can anyone recommend where I can take my dog to eat with us?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    • What can I do in Brienz, Switzerland for 3 days?

Interlaken Aug 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi

I will be at Brienz for 3 days towards end of September (24-27), any suggestions for a memorable trip?

I have been to "Top of Europe" and my family wish to experience snow if possible.. Appreciate for your suggestion. Thank you.

Joyce Lee

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • What to pack

Interlaken Aug 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Do we need warm clothing in interlaken during the week beginning 18th August

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • Interlaken to Brescia, Italy

Interlaken Aug 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We are traveling the first week of September from Interlaken to Brescia, Italy by car. What is the most scenic route that does not lose a lot of time between the two cities. We would also like to stop for lunch at Lake Lugano or Lake Como if possible.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • Lauterbrunnen to Munich

Lauterbrunnen Jul 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Best way to travel from Lauterbrunnen to Munich ?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • Train Travel

Lauterbrunnen Jul 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

We are travelling from Paris to Lauterbrunnen in April 2015 for 3 nights and then on to Rome, what is the best method of transport and what are the costs like ?

Cheers

11 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • Cheapest travel options

Interlaken Jul 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Can anybody recommend any good and cheap travel websites/ booking sites for train journeys? I am travelling from Innsbruck to Interlaken in late september and the trains have been coming up at over £100, and just wondered if there was any good websites for this kind of thing? Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • Travel plans to Junfrau.

Interlaken Jul 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

we would like to know if we can visit Jungfrau top of the mountain, Trummelbach falls, Ice Palcae and Schilthorn all in one day. We have a Rail Pass which states this itinerary: 2 nights Luzern, 2 nights Interlaken including round trips to Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch top of Europe (incl. bus VBL) Circular Tour border/airport - destinations - border/airport. Can anyone please help us out and explain to us what al does this cover.
      thnxs a ton.
      rgds
      Harold

5 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    • Late November in Lauterbrunnen - Advisable?

Lauterbrunnen Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM

We are heading to Europe for our honeymoon. Switzerland is part of the itinerary. Just wanna check if I can still see the Staubbach fall in late November? I am heading there from Milan and plan to spend 5hours there (12-5pm). I read many reviews that during this time of the year it is pretty dark there? It was said that most shops and hotels are not open too. Is it true?

Just wanna know if it is worth to dropby. My main purpose is the Fall. I too understand from some people that the Trummelbach will be closed by then. Sigh. Is there any other thing we can do there. Orelse i will keep the visit short and head of earlier to Lucern.

10 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

Wengen Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi

Thinking of going for a holiday home 3 nights stay in the village area. Would be going up to Jungfrau. Want to do Skydiving and Canyon Jumping. Would want to go over to other villages like Grindelwald also for sightseeing. After 3 nights stay will be heading to Lucern. Which is a better option - Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

8 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Jolovestravelling's Profile Photo

Weather in august

Lauterbrunnen Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How cold does it get in august just trying to organise what to lack for two days in lauterbrunnen and will be doing the rain ride too to junfrau

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • hand made socks

Interlaken Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • Packing essentials for Wengen -6 nights -Aug 3 thru Aug 9- 2014

Wengen Jun 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

we are a family of four -2 Adults and 2 children ( 7 and 11 yrs), can someone suggest us essential and tips for packing. we are staying in Wengen for 6 nights, prior to that in Lucern -3 night and Zurich 3 nights. After Wengen to Zermatt for 3 nights and then Paris 3 nights.

Our stay in Wengen is in a Chalet which is 2 KM away from Train station. Thanks for your help

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • scottiesky's Profile Photo

Train route to Lake Como with gorgeous scenery

Interlaken Jun 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Is there a train route from Interlaken to Milan then Lake Como that has gorgeous scenery? I think you have to go backwards a bit, up to Luzern?

10 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • How do you get here?

Lauterbrunnen May 11, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Hi V'ter's,

I've read so much about Lauterbrunnen and I'm going to visit!

What is the nearest large city and do you generally get there by bus or train? Also, how many hours does it take?

Thanks in advance, Jamez.

7 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • panayursr's Profile Photo

Location of Indian Grocery store

Interlaken May 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Is there any Indian Grocery store in Interlaken ?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • Bearnhardt's Profile Photo

Luggage space on Swiss trains?

Interlaken Apr 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM

How much space do Swiss trains have for a medium to larger suitcase with wheels e.g. Travelling from Zurich to Interlaken via Bern and also Interlaken to Basel via Bern in August, second class fare.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Okay to take 16-month old to Jungfrau?

Grindelwald Apr 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

My concern is about altitude sickness. Should I be worried?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM
    • travelling to swiss

Interlaken Apr 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM

hi everyone! :)
      im going to zurich for 4 days in June..
      1st day : i will be arriving in zurich around 4pm.
      2nd day : im planning to rent a car for a day trip to Interlaken and Grindelwald. is this a good choice? there are 6 of us.i am thinking it is better to rent a car than taking a train.what can u suggest for this roadtrip? im planning to stop to a few scenic places on my way to interlaken
      3rd day : zurich tour. what else can i do in zurich?i heard about Rhine Falls. is it worth going?
      4th day : going to take early morning train to paris

i'm very glad if someone could suggest what more i could do for this swiss trip. im running out of idea. my family and I are hoping that we could see scenic view of switzerland

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Visiting the Jungfrau or Schilthorn

Interlaken Mar 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi, everyone. I'll arrive in Interlaken on March 16th and leave on the 19th, so, as you can see, I'll stay only two full days in town. My partner and I are looking forward to making the most of it and would love to visit either the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn.
      So:
      1) I was told that the trip to the Schilthorn is more beautiful and cheaper;
      2) The Jungfrau is our first choice, but looking for info on the Internet just made us more confused. I read some advise on booking tours quite beforehand (in this case, I'd try to book it from here, Rio, over the Internet). But the staff at the hostel where I'm staying, who seem to be the nicest people, told me not to do this as the whole tour thing will depend on the weather and I should arrive there and check if the next day would be sunny and then buy tour tickets. :/
      3) A friend swears to me he paid no more than CH60 for a tour to the Jungfrau. However, because I could not understand what I should pay for in one of the sites advertising tours (there's too much info, and they mention train journeys etc. and I could not get all that sorted out. All I want is to leave the Rugenpark B&B where I'm staying and go visit the Jungfrau for a day. Then, I asked the hostel staff and they said they sell the tours there and it would be around CH200 per person. Well, from CH60 to CH200 is a huge leap. Of course there are things I may be missing, like, maybe the CH200 tour includes lunch or any other extras in the spot that my friend may have paid for too, but was just not included in his tour. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that buying tour packages at a hotel front desk end up being way more expensive than going to a tour office nearby and getting a bargain. So, I just don't want to regret spending more money than I should, especially when I could do so much more with the same amount.
      4) Any suggestions on what else to do on the other day we'll have left? I heard of an amazing waterfall that is worth seeing.
      Please, do advise. It'll be most appreciated.
      Signed: clueless Interlaken tourist :D
      P.S.: Interlaken was not in our original travel plans, as we were supposed to stay 25 days in Rome and Paris only. But we've been to Bern once and Switzerland is such a lovely country we decided to stop shortly at Interlaken and Gruyères on our way North to Paris...

12 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Getting to Interlaken from Rome, by train

Interlaken Mar 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Hi, everyone! I'll be arriving in Rome on March 8th and will leave the city on March 16th heading for Interlaken. Can any of you advice on train itineraries and prices? I believe there's no direct train for this trajectory and I'll probably have to get off a train coming from Rome and get another train to Interlaken. How long would that trip take (I'm looking for the less expensive options, but, in case a regular train takes too long, I'd consider buying fares for a faster train)? How much would that probably cost? I believe there will be some sort of control when I get off in Switzerland to take a second train. So, how long should I allow between one train and the other so that I don't miss the second train? Please, advise. Thank you.

20 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • A plan for one day in Lauterbrunnen valley

Lauterbrunnen Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Me and my wife will be in Switzerland the last week of May. Luzern will be our base. We want to go one day to the Lauterbrunnen valley. We are planning to get to Lauterbrunnen bahn around 10:30 (leaving Luzern around 8:00), then will go in train to Wengen, stay there about an hour and take the cable cab to Männlichen. From there, we want to hike to Kleine Scheidegg and take the train back to Lauterbrunnen. Then by furnicular to Grütschalp and train to Mürren. Then a walk from Murren to Gimmelald by easy path (not via Ferrata) and then descent with (cable car?) to Stechelberg. From there to walk or take the bus to visit Trümmelbach Falls and then bus back to Lauterbrunnen/Luzern. Do you think that this is too much for just one day? We don't want to rush.

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    • Book in advance?

Lauterbrunnen Feb 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Rome on the 15th of May, do I need to book in advance or should we just book once we are there?

7 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM