Travel Answers
Kanton Bern

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where should i go before heading to lucern from girndelwald.

Grindelwald Yesterday

hi, i would like to spend my whole afternoon roughly around 12- 4pm either in meiringen or lake brienz on 20/5, before heading to lucerne. any suggesstion?

more
    • How to travel around Intelaken by Car

Interlaken Apr 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hi..,....request advice from experts for three day trip to Interlaken in next month, we are planning to rent a car from zurich, will stay at Interlaken for three nights. Now which places to visit and how by car please advice. We are new to left hand drive at Swiss so wants to avoid highways /expressways. Wants to see Grindelwald,Murren,Wengel etc near by.Thanks a lot for your time in this regard.

more
    • Staying in Grindelwald for 5 nights from 3 June 2015

Grindelwald 20 hours ago

I would like your advice on the 'not to be missed' places to visit & activities while I am in Grindelwald. Will be there with my parents, sis and 2 kids aged 12 and 9. We would like to visit the mountains and also Bernese Oberland. We will be using our Swiss pass.

more
    • Does it snow in December?

Interlaken Mar 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM

We are going to Europe for Christmas/New Year, but there's very little chance of snow in Spain/France/Italy. We're from the Philippines and this is our first time to hopefully experience snow. What are the chances that it will be snowing in Interlaken on December 27 and 28? Thank you!

more
    • How to travel around Intelaken by Car

Interlaken Apr 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hi..,....request advice from experts for three day trip to Interlaken in next month, we are planning to rent a car from zurich, will stay at Interlaken for three nights. Now which places to visit and how by car please advice. We are new to left hand drive at Swiss so wants to avoid highways /expressways. Wants to see Grindelwald,Murren,Wengel etc near by.Thanks a lot for your time in this regard.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • Does it snow in December?

Interlaken Mar 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM

We are going to Europe for Christmas/New Year, but there's very little chance of snow in Spain/France/Italy. We're from the Philippines and this is our first time to hopefully experience snow. What are the chances that it will be snowing in Interlaken on December 27 and 28? Thank you!

7 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 11:05 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

does golden pass only stop at OST station?

Interlaken Mar 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM

It seems, if so I need to find a hostel closer to OST and not west station, since my parents want somewhere close and not have to walk 15-20 mins if the location is closer to west station.

I did not find anything on golden pass schedule that stop at west station.
      I want to make sure my observation is correct and it is best for me to find a hostel close to OST station.

thanks

5 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • First week in May

Grindelwald Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I'm flying into Milan on May 4th and heading to Grindelwald on the 5th. Are there going to be restaurants open and also decent hiking conditions? Thanks Chris!!!

4 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Wengen or Lauterbrunnen for base?

Wengen Feb 25, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Hi. I am planning our Eurotrip with my mom and one of our stops is Switzerland. I am torn whether to stay in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. Based on my research, Wengen is higher than Lauterbrunnen. But aside from that, which do you think is a better base for 6 days?

Also is 6 days too much? If we stay in Wengen, id there like a day pass for the train going up and down?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

9 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 8:55 PM
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    • SIghtseeing in Interlaken with Elderly parents

Interlaken Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder how much walking is involved in Interlaken. I am traveling with my parents. My mother cannot walk for more than 250-300 metres. We will be visiting lakes and gardens with her. Generally I rent car to take her around. But it seems Switzerland is different. I see that most people recommend to use public transport in Interlaken and to visit nearby for sightseeing. But that would mean lot of walking after being dropped from bus or train. Are taxis readily available? Any suggestion to plan this travel will be appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • visit on 24th January

Grindelwald Jan 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I am planning to visit Grindelwald on 24th January to see world snow festival. I want to spend one day there. What are other things to do there in a day?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM
    • what to do if your not a skier?

Grindelwald Oct 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

hi we are in Grindelwald for Xmas with family who are experienced skiers. We are not! We are there for 6 days inc. Xmas day could you let us know what we could do? The railway journey through the mountain looks good? Any info wld be grateful. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • Catholic mass

Kandersteg Oct 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I would like to know of a Catholic church close to Kenderstag that celebrates mass on Sundays (or week days).

Thanks,

Freddy

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Sunday in Bern or Interlaken

Kanton Bern Sep 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

We are traveling with our 8 and 14 year olds next March to Lauterbrunnen from Paris by train on a Saturday. Given the schedules I was thinking it might be better to stop at Bern or Interlaken for the night as it will make for a long train day and put us in Lauterbrunnen late. The question is which would be preferable for Sunday (the next day) Bern or Interlaken as I understand there is not much open. Thoughts? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • How many days should I stay in gimmelwald?

Gimmelwald Sep 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi folks, I am going to Gimmelwald in this coming days and decided to stay there for 3days. Is it enough or too much? Cheers.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • luggage storage at station

Thun Sep 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM

is there a service that lets you store your suitcases at thun station for half a day?
      if so, is it safe and reliable?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • dog friendly restaurants

Grindelwald Aug 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Can anyone recommend where I can take my dog to eat with us?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    • What can I do in Brienz, Switzerland for 3 days?

Interlaken Aug 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Hi

I will be at Brienz for 3 days towards end of September (24-27), any suggestions for a memorable trip?

I have been to "Top of Europe" and my family wish to experience snow if possible.. Appreciate for your suggestion. Thank you.

Joyce Lee

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • What to pack

Interlaken Aug 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Do we need warm clothing in interlaken during the week beginning 18th August

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • Interlaken to Brescia, Italy

Interlaken Aug 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We are traveling the first week of September from Interlaken to Brescia, Italy by car. What is the most scenic route that does not lose a lot of time between the two cities. We would also like to stop for lunch at Lake Lugano or Lake Como if possible.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • Lauterbrunnen to Munich

Lauterbrunnen Jul 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Best way to travel from Lauterbrunnen to Munich ?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • Train Travel

Lauterbrunnen Jul 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

We are travelling from Paris to Lauterbrunnen in April 2015 for 3 nights and then on to Rome, what is the best method of transport and what are the costs like ?

Cheers

11 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • Cheapest travel options

Interlaken Jul 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Can anybody recommend any good and cheap travel websites/ booking sites for train journeys? I am travelling from Innsbruck to Interlaken in late september and the trains have been coming up at over £100, and just wondered if there was any good websites for this kind of thing? Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • Travel plans to Junfrau.

Interlaken Jul 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

we would like to know if we can visit Jungfrau top of the mountain, Trummelbach falls, Ice Palcae and Schilthorn all in one day. We have a Rail Pass which states this itinerary: 2 nights Luzern, 2 nights Interlaken including round trips to Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch top of Europe (incl. bus VBL) Circular Tour border/airport - destinations - border/airport. Can anyone please help us out and explain to us what al does this cover.
      thnxs a ton.
      rgds
      Harold

5 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    • Late November in Lauterbrunnen - Advisable?

Lauterbrunnen Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM

We are heading to Europe for our honeymoon. Switzerland is part of the itinerary. Just wanna check if I can still see the Staubbach fall in late November? I am heading there from Milan and plan to spend 5hours there (12-5pm). I read many reviews that during this time of the year it is pretty dark there? It was said that most shops and hotels are not open too. Is it true?

Just wanna know if it is worth to dropby. My main purpose is the Fall. I too understand from some people that the Trummelbach will be closed by then. Sigh. Is there any other thing we can do there. Orelse i will keep the visit short and head of earlier to Lucern.

10 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

Wengen Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi

Thinking of going for a holiday home 3 nights stay in the village area. Would be going up to Jungfrau. Want to do Skydiving and Canyon Jumping. Would want to go over to other villages like Grindelwald also for sightseeing. After 3 nights stay will be heading to Lucern. Which is a better option - Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

8 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    • Jolovestravelling's Profile Photo

Weather in august

Lauterbrunnen Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How cold does it get in august just trying to organise what to lack for two days in lauterbrunnen and will be doing the rain ride too to junfrau

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • hand made socks

Interlaken Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • Packing essentials for Wengen -6 nights -Aug 3 thru Aug 9- 2014

Wengen Jun 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

we are a family of four -2 Adults and 2 children ( 7 and 11 yrs), can someone suggest us essential and tips for packing. we are staying in Wengen for 6 nights, prior to that in Lucern -3 night and Zurich 3 nights. After Wengen to Zermatt for 3 nights and then Paris 3 nights.

Our stay in Wengen is in a Chalet which is 2 KM away from Train station. Thanks for your help

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • scottiesky's Profile Photo

Train route to Lake Como with gorgeous scenery

Interlaken Jun 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Is there a train route from Interlaken to Milan then Lake Como that has gorgeous scenery? I think you have to go backwards a bit, up to Luzern?

10 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • How do you get here?

Lauterbrunnen May 11, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Hi V'ter's,

I've read so much about Lauterbrunnen and I'm going to visit!

What is the nearest large city and do you generally get there by bus or train? Also, how many hours does it take?

Thanks in advance, Jamez.

7 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • panayursr's Profile Photo

Location of Indian Grocery store

Interlaken May 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Is there any Indian Grocery store in Interlaken ?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM