Kanton Bern

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to do April 30-May 2nd

Grindelwald Aug 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM

What is there to do in Grindelwald end of April and beginning of May?

more
    • hzafar's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Interlaken

Interlaken Aug 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Interlaken from 15-20 Aug with My Family 3 Kids (9,8,2). Please advise how can i maximize the stay. Recommendations are welcome. My plan as per research is,

1. Jungfru. 16th
      2. Lake Thun and Harder Kalem 17th
      3. Titlis 18th
      4. Geneva 19th Ppls say Watches and Chocolates are good there.
      5. 20th to Zurich for Flight

I will enter Switzerland from Berns. People Recommended me to take Kids Card 30 CFH. That will make their travel free. Please Advise Whats the best travel tickets we can take.

Thx

Zafar

more
    • What to do April 30-May 2nd

Grindelwald Aug 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM

What is there to do in Grindelwald end of April and beginning of May?

4 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • hzafar's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Interlaken

Interlaken Aug 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Interlaken from 15-20 Aug with My Family 3 Kids (9,8,2). Please advise how can i maximize the stay. Recommendations are welcome. My plan as per research is,

1. Jungfru. 16th
      2. Lake Thun and Harder Kalem 17th
      3. Titlis 18th
      4. Geneva 19th Ppls say Watches and Chocolates are good there.
      5. 20th to Zurich for Flight

I will enter Switzerland from Berns. People Recommended me to take Kids Card 30 CFH. That will make their travel free. Please Advise Whats the best travel tickets we can take.

Thx

Zafar

4 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Advise on what to do around the interlaken area

Interlaken Jul 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Hello! My husband and i will be landing at Zurich airport at the end of August. We purchased the swiss travel pass so hopefully our journey will be easier. We will be landing very early in the morning and should reach interlaken via train at around 10:30am however we are only allowed to check in our guest house at 3pm. Just wondering what we could do in the mean time as i don't want to waste even a day. Could i also please have advice on where to eat as we are vegetarians and my husband is also allergic to eggs that is the reason we staying in a guest house so that we can cook some of our meals......it can get quite pricey eating out 3 times a day as well. We will be staying in interlaken for 3 nights so any other suggestions of places to visit will be much appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Hotel in Bern

Bern Jul 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hallo my friends. Any idea of a decent budget hotel in Bern? Or an apartment. We are 3 adults arriving by car.

6 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 5:05 AM
    • Locations for Cheese Festivals in 2015

Meiringen Jul 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Is there a schedule out for September 2015 cheese festivals in the Meiringen area?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Basel-Bern transportation

Bern Jul 13, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Hi. Do you recommend train or bus to go from Basel to Bern? Trains seem to be pretty expensive! Would bus ticket prices be similar?

2 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • Advise on booking tickets in advance for excursions.

Interlaken Jul 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

we intend to travel to switzerland on 18/7/15 for 4 days and wish to visit mt. Titlis and Jungfrauouch, do we need to book these excursions in advance? your suggestions will be much appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    • Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Hi - We are going to be in Lauterbrunnen from 4 - 9 July, 2015. Can you suggest what sort of winter clothing we should bring with us, especially as we are hoping to go up the mountains surrounding Lauterbrunnen?

Many thanks
      Enzo

7 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:28 AM
    • Day trips from Zurich

Interlaken Jun 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Hello, I have slightly more than a week in Zurich when I head there in September 2015. I know that accommodation can be expensive in Switzerland, thus, is it possible to take day trips from Zurich and get a train pass instead? I am interested to visit Interlaken, Bern, the Jungfrau region and Lucerne. I am staying with a family member in Zurich, therefore I wondered if I could just take day trips in and out of Zurich each day? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Shop for Cuban Cigars

Bern Jun 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hello - is there a shop that sells a range of Cuban Cigars in Bern?

7 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    • Driving from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We plan to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen on September 9th, 2015. Please give advice on route options. Which is the most scenic route? Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM
    • What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen May 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM

What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    • iammon's Profile Photo

Restaurant for Families

Bern May 25, 2015 at 7:43 AM

We (family with two little kids) will be meeting friends from the US (kids as well) for Dinner in Berne or vicinity.
      Any inputs for something that's touristically interesting?
      Thanks for your help!

• lanef's Profile Photo

AU$ dollar to Swiss Franks

Bern May 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM

If I have Australian dollar notes with me, is it easy to find a money changer or a bank to change the Australian currency to Swiss currency in Bern? Thanks

3 Answers May 23, 2015 at 4:43 AM
    • Weather - Rainy Forecast

Interlaken May 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM

Me and some buddies are planning on going to Interlaken this weekend. The 10 day weather forecast shows rain like everyday! Is it just one of those places that always shows rain, or should we be concerned that's it's going to rain all weekend?

5 Answers May 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • Hiking trails

Interlaken May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Hiking trails through alpine meadows.

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Interlaken Ost or Interlaken West Bahnhof

Interlaken May 3, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Which station do the trains from Zurich or Lucerne arrive to - Ost or West Bahnhof ? From which station do the trains go to Jungfrau - Ost or West Bahnhof?

4 Answers May 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

Bern Apr 27, 2015 at 5:24 AM

How much roughly a taxi would cost from Bern airport to Hotel Landhaus Altenbergstrasse 4, Bern.

2 Answers May 11, 2015 at 3:30 AM
    • Staying in Grindelwald for 5 nights from 3 June 2015

Grindelwald Apr 25, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I would like your advice on the 'not to be missed' places to visit & activities while I am in Grindelwald. Will be there with my parents, sis and 2 kids aged 12 and 9. We would like to visit the mountains and also Bernese Oberland. We will be using our Swiss pass.

7 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM
    • where should i go before heading to lucern from girndelwald.

Grindelwald Apr 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM

hi, i would like to spend my whole afternoon roughly around 12- 4pm either in meiringen or lake brienz on 20/5, before heading to lucerne. any suggesstion?

3 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM
    • How to travel around Intelaken by Car

Interlaken Apr 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hi..,....request advice from experts for three day trip to Interlaken in next month, we are planning to rent a car from zurich, will stay at Interlaken for three nights. Now which places to visit and how by car please advice. We are new to left hand drive at Swiss so wants to avoid highways /expressways. Wants to see Grindelwald,Murren,Wengel etc near by.Thanks a lot for your time in this regard.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • Does it snow in December?

Interlaken Mar 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM

We are going to Europe for Christmas/New Year, but there's very little chance of snow in Spain/France/Italy. We're from the Philippines and this is our first time to hopefully experience snow. What are the chances that it will be snowing in Interlaken on December 27 and 28? Thank you!

7 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 11:05 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

does golden pass only stop at OST station?

Interlaken Mar 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM

It seems, if so I need to find a hostel closer to OST and not west station, since my parents want somewhere close and not have to walk 15-20 mins if the location is closer to west station.

I did not find anything on golden pass schedule that stop at west station.
      I want to make sure my observation is correct and it is best for me to find a hostel close to OST station.

thanks

5 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • First week in May

Grindelwald Mar 3, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I'm flying into Milan on May 4th and heading to Grindelwald on the 5th. Are there going to be restaurants open and also decent hiking conditions? Thanks Chris!!!

4 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Wengen or Lauterbrunnen for base?

Wengen Feb 25, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Hi. I am planning our Eurotrip with my mom and one of our stops is Switzerland. I am torn whether to stay in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. Based on my research, Wengen is higher than Lauterbrunnen. But aside from that, which do you think is a better base for 6 days?

Also is 6 days too much? If we stay in Wengen, id there like a day pass for the train going up and down?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

9 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 8:55 PM
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    • SIghtseeing in Interlaken with Elderly parents

Interlaken Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder how much walking is involved in Interlaken. I am traveling with my parents. My mother cannot walk for more than 250-300 metres. We will be visiting lakes and gardens with her. Generally I rent car to take her around. But it seems Switzerland is different. I see that most people recommend to use public transport in Interlaken and to visit nearby for sightseeing. But that would mean lot of walking after being dropped from bus or train. Are taxis readily available? Any suggestion to plan this travel will be appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • visit on 24th January

Grindelwald Jan 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I am planning to visit Grindelwald on 24th January to see world snow festival. I want to spend one day there. What are other things to do there in a day?

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM
    • what to do if your not a skier?

Grindelwald Oct 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

hi we are in Grindelwald for Xmas with family who are experienced skiers. We are not! We are there for 6 days inc. Xmas day could you let us know what we could do? The railway journey through the mountain looks good? Any info wld be grateful. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM