Kanton Bern

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hand made socks

Interlaken Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

more
    • Jolovestravelling's Profile Photo

Weather in august

Lauterbrunnen Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How cold does it get in august just trying to organise what to lack for two days in lauterbrunnen and will be doing the rain ride too to junfrau

more
    • Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

Wengen Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi

Thinking of going for a holiday home 3 nights stay in the village area. Would be going up to Jungfrau. Want to do Skydiving and Canyon Jumping. Would want to go over to other villages like Grindelwald also for sightseeing. After 3 nights stay will be heading to Lucern. Which is a better option - Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

more
    • Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

Wengen Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi

Thinking of going for a holiday home 3 nights stay in the village area. Would be going up to Jungfrau. Want to do Skydiving and Canyon Jumping. Would want to go over to other villages like Grindelwald also for sightseeing. After 3 nights stay will be heading to Lucern. Which is a better option - Wengen, Lauterbrennen or Interlaken?

5 Answers Yesterday
    • Jolovestravelling's Profile Photo

Weather in august

Lauterbrunnen Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How cold does it get in august just trying to organise what to lack for two days in lauterbrunnen and will be doing the rain ride too to junfrau

6 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • hand made socks

Interlaken Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

• Packing essentials for Wengen -6 nights -Aug 3 thru Aug 9- 2014

Wengen Jun 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

we are a family of four -2 Adults and 2 children ( 7 and 11 yrs), can someone suggest us essential and tips for packing. we are staying in Wengen for 6 nights, prior to that in Lucern -3 night and Zurich 3 nights. After Wengen to Zermatt for 3 nights and then Paris 3 nights.

Our stay in Wengen is in a Chalet which is 2 KM away from Train station. Thanks for your help

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • scottiesky's Profile Photo

Train route to Lake Como with gorgeous scenery

Interlaken Jun 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Is there a train route from Interlaken to Milan then Lake Como that has gorgeous scenery? I think you have to go backwards a bit, up to Luzern?

10 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • How do you get here?

Lauterbrunnen May 11, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Hi V'ter's,

I've read so much about Lauterbrunnen and I'm going to visit!

What is the nearest large city and do you generally get there by bus or train? Also, how many hours does it take?

Thanks in advance, Jamez.

7 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • panayursr's Profile Photo

Location of Indian Grocery store

Interlaken May 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Is there any Indian Grocery store in Interlaken ?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • Bearnhardt's Profile Photo

Luggage space on Swiss trains?

Interlaken Apr 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM

How much space do Swiss trains have for a medium to larger suitcase with wheels e.g. Travelling from Zurich to Interlaken via Bern and also Interlaken to Basel via Bern in August, second class fare.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Okay to take 16-month old to Jungfrau?

Grindelwald Apr 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM

My concern is about altitude sickness. Should I be worried?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM
    • travelling to swiss

Interlaken Apr 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM

hi everyone! :)
      im going to zurich for 4 days in June..
      1st day : i will be arriving in zurich around 4pm.
      2nd day : im planning to rent a car for a day trip to Interlaken and Grindelwald. is this a good choice? there are 6 of us.i am thinking it is better to rent a car than taking a train.what can u suggest for this roadtrip? im planning to stop to a few scenic places on my way to interlaken
      3rd day : zurich tour. what else can i do in zurich?i heard about Rhine Falls. is it worth going?
      4th day : going to take early morning train to paris

i'm very glad if someone could suggest what more i could do for this swiss trip. im running out of idea. my family and I are hoping that we could see scenic view of switzerland

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Wengen in the Summer

Wengen Apr 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Hi. Just a quick question. Do you think Wengen would be a good place to visit in August with a 5 and 1 year old? So sick of beach holidays and fancy trying something new this year. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

Interlaken Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Visiting the Jungfrau or Schilthorn

Interlaken Mar 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi, everyone. I'll arrive in Interlaken on March 16th and leave on the 19th, so, as you can see, I'll stay only two full days in town. My partner and I are looking forward to making the most of it and would love to visit either the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn.
      So:
      1) I was told that the trip to the Schilthorn is more beautiful and cheaper;
      2) The Jungfrau is our first choice, but looking for info on the Internet just made us more confused. I read some advise on booking tours quite beforehand (in this case, I'd try to book it from here, Rio, over the Internet). But the staff at the hostel where I'm staying, who seem to be the nicest people, told me not to do this as the whole tour thing will depend on the weather and I should arrive there and check if the next day would be sunny and then buy tour tickets. :/
      3) A friend swears to me he paid no more than CH60 for a tour to the Jungfrau. However, because I could not understand what I should pay for in one of the sites advertising tours (there's too much info, and they mention train journeys etc. and I could not get all that sorted out. All I want is to leave the Rugenpark B&B where I'm staying and go visit the Jungfrau for a day. Then, I asked the hostel staff and they said they sell the tours there and it would be around CH200 per person. Well, from CH60 to CH200 is a huge leap. Of course there are things I may be missing, like, maybe the CH200 tour includes lunch or any other extras in the spot that my friend may have paid for too, but was just not included in his tour. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that buying tour packages at a hotel front desk end up being way more expensive than going to a tour office nearby and getting a bargain. So, I just don't want to regret spending more money than I should, especially when I could do so much more with the same amount.
      4) Any suggestions on what else to do on the other day we'll have left? I heard of an amazing waterfall that is worth seeing.
      Please, do advise. It'll be most appreciated.
      Signed: clueless Interlaken tourist :D
      P.S.: Interlaken was not in our original travel plans, as we were supposed to stay 25 days in Rome and Paris only. But we've been to Bern once and Switzerland is such a lovely country we decided to stop shortly at Interlaken and Gruyères on our way North to Paris...

12 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Getting to Interlaken from Rome, by train

Interlaken Mar 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Hi, everyone! I'll be arriving in Rome on March 8th and will leave the city on March 16th heading for Interlaken. Can any of you advice on train itineraries and prices? I believe there's no direct train for this trajectory and I'll probably have to get off a train coming from Rome and get another train to Interlaken. How long would that trip take (I'm looking for the less expensive options, but, in case a regular train takes too long, I'd consider buying fares for a faster train)? How much would that probably cost? I believe there will be some sort of control when I get off in Switzerland to take a second train. So, how long should I allow between one train and the other so that I don't miss the second train? Please, advise. Thank you.

20 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • A plan for one day in Lauterbrunnen valley

Lauterbrunnen Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Me and my wife will be in Switzerland the last week of May. Luzern will be our base. We want to go one day to the Lauterbrunnen valley. We are planning to get to Lauterbrunnen bahn around 10:30 (leaving Luzern around 8:00), then will go in train to Wengen, stay there about an hour and take the cable cab to Männlichen. From there, we want to hike to Kleine Scheidegg and take the train back to Lauterbrunnen. Then by furnicular to Grütschalp and train to Mürren. Then a walk from Murren to Gimmelald by easy path (not via Ferrata) and then descent with (cable car?) to Stechelberg. From there to walk or take the bus to visit Trümmelbach Falls and then bus back to Lauterbrunnen/Luzern. Do you think that this is too much for just one day? We don't want to rush.

7 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 7:17 PM
    • Book in advance?

Lauterbrunnen Feb 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am travelling from Lauterbrunnen to Rome on the 15th of May, do I need to book in advance or should we just book once we are there?

7 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    • 4 nights in Bern

Bern Feb 14, 2014 at 11:08 PM

We are Balinese (a couple) hot island (all year from 24-35 degree C), we will be in Europe for experiencing the snow. We will be arriving in Bern in February from Aix-En-Provence. Our plan is to go to Jungfraujoch for 1 day also Tobboging if possible? How do I reach to the top of Europe?
      2nd day : Bric and Gruyere for chocolate and cheese, it will be fine with trains.
      3rd day : I don't know yet what to do, any recommendation?
      4th day : depart to Milan.

All your information will be considerated.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Grocery store/s -opening hours

Grindelwald Feb 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Please, can you tell me, are the grocery stores in Grindelwald open on Sunday?
      And what time the stores close on Saturday?
      Thaks for your help,
      Katerina

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Driving from interlarkin to lucerne in early April 2014

Interlaken Feb 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Is it possible to drive between the two places in April or are the roads still closed.thank you Grant

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • trip to switzerland in end march / early april

Interlaken Jan 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM

My family is planning a trip to switzerland end march when the kids r off from school. Planning to stay 4 days in geneva followed by 3 days in interlaken followed by 3 days in grindlewald. From grindlewald, to go up to jungfrau. As this will be my first trip to switzerland, would appreciate any advise on this trip. Are the number of days enough for each city? What will the weather be like? As I will be in grindlewald for 3 days, do I nedd to stay 3 days in interlaken? Advise requested. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • Looppy's Profile Photo

Excited to see Grindelwald. Linda,USA (Minnesota) traveler

Grindelwald Jan 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I am considering a first time visit to Grindelwald. Please suggest 3-5 hikes for an experienced hiker. I am especially interested in 4-6 hour hikes with maximum natural sites.
      On the Jungfrau train:

Where is the ice castle that I saw on a pbs travel program. I believe it was part of the train ride to the Jungbrau. Station Name?

Are there other stops that you suggest are must-sees?
      Is an overnight at the Gleickstien Hut best way to take in everything on the Jungfrau including the hike in to the hut.

9 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • May Weather

Grindelwald Dec 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

high and low temperatures the first week of May?

5 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • ElliottG's Profile Photo

Looking for the full winter season accommodation

Grindelwald Dec 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Will be working in grindelwald this winter and finding it especially hard to find long term accommodation especially with the language barrier. Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • TeresaW10's Profile Photo

Christmas eve church service

Bern Dec 9, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Do you recommend a church for a Christmas eve service in Bern?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    • Visit in April 2014

Grindelwald Dec 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My family is planning to visit Switzerland in April and we plan to be in grindlewald in the first/second week. Does it snow in April and what are the average temperatures? Kids haven't seen snow so this is important for them. Snow on the ground is great but snowing would be better. Thanks

5 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    • anzle's Profile Photo

getting to gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Oct 23, 2013 at 6:29 AM

hello all..our arrival to Gimmelwald will b 28th October ,i will b with my husband and 3yrs old baby girl , hiking is not our prior ,we just want to enjoy the views of vill .Does Swiss pass work for gandola ? we will stay in Berne so is it possible to visit lautterbrunan ,wengen ,gimmelwald and lake Brienz possibly murren at one day ? and can u guys help me for the direction or fast track for these location ,how to get there?? in Lake Brienz there is no boat riding this time right? and how about Oct weather there..i mean will we b able to view fall colors??..thanx all its our first time there so your suggestion is what i will depend on..

3 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    • Switzerland in February

Interlaken Oct 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM

We are a honeymoon couple and would like to visit Switzerland in February. We are not that interested in winter sports. Just want to visit Zurich, Interlaken, Jungfrao, Geneva. Please advise if it will be a good time to visit in February and what will be the weather like?

10 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • rfra0000's Profile Photo

Pls. recommend a place for skiing - First time in Bern

Bern Oct 22, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Hello, please recommend a place for skiing (beginner) which is near the city in Bern Switzerland. Also is it open until March? How far is it from the city going to the destination (2 hours, 3 hours, etc)? What should I take, a bus or train? (If you can give instructions or information that will be great).

Thank you and hoping to get a reply from you guys.

4 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 5:06 AM
    • what is the best one or tow peaks around interlaken

Interlaken Oct 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

traveling next june for to the area with 20 month baby. stays in iseltwald.
      i got confused from all the peaks around:
      there is the Niederhorn cable car from beatenberg, the cable car to harder-klam, the train to Schynigeplatte and the brienz rothorn bahn...
      besides the scenery we would like to go up to a place with option for small hikes suitable for boogie...
      if i take 2 peaks out of these options what is your recomandation?,,,

5 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    • one day in lauterbrunen with 1.8 baby

Lauterbrunnen Oct 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

will visit swiss for 10 days in the next june. sleeping in iseltwald.
      one (sunny) day will dedicated to lauterbrunen area.
      the plan: driving in the morning to lauterbrunen and leave the car at the parking for all day -
      cable car from lauterbrunen to grutshlap - walking from grutshlap (through murren) to gimmelwald (we are with a stroller for the baby), with the cable down to stechelberg (or maybe i will walk down and my wife with the baby and the boogie will take the cabe-car.
      from stechelberg - walk back to lauterbrunen with visiting trumpelbach falls in the way
      is this programm make sense for one day with a stroller?

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM