Kansas City Travel Answers

change location

getting to kauffman stadium

by MontanaJim74 Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Hi

Im coming to Kansas City in August. planning to stay at a motel 6 that is about 7 miles from the stadium, down I 435. How much will a taxi ride cost from there to the stadium?

I am on a very tight budget and normally stay in hostels when traveling, but kansas city doesnt have any hostels. If anyone knows of any real cheap hotels or motels in KC please let me know. I dont mind if its a little dirty, just as long as I wont get stabbed or robbed. Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: getting to kauffman stadium

by kCrOWnRoyal Online Now May 4, 2007 at 6:45 PM

http://www.kcata.org/routes.html

The bus would be your best bet. The cabs out here aren't cheap. Stay away from East KC. From down town avoid Troost, the Paseo, Prospect...and east from there all the way to the 435 loop anything outside of that is a good bet. Anything can happen in the city but KC,KS and the area I metioned above are the areas to avoid. If you're not familiar, those are usually the places you see on Cops. Raytown and Independence can be suspect in places too. Any commercial economy hotel along the bus route would do (either close to the airport or the stadium) Good luck...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines