Kansas City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• restaurants

by whomito Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Little known fantastic restaurants, smaller, subtle gems?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • moreymiller's Profile Photo

Road tripping to KC for a Royals game

by moreymiller Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Any advice on where to stay if I'm planning on road tripping out to catch a royals game? I'm looking for a place that is relatively inexpensive (but clean and safe) but has easy access to the ballpark, restaurants, bars, etc. Thanks!

1 Answer May 17, 2008 at 2:15 AM
    • March Madness 2009

by marchmadman Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Hi all!

A group of mid to late twenties canadians (8 to be exact) try and hit the first round of march madness every year. This is a classic boys only weekend so we are interested in great food, great drinks and plenty to see and do during both the day and night.

I am pulling for Kansas City to be our 2009 location. I have done a bit of research on the city and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions.

1) Where would the best area (or even hotel) for us to stay? It would be nice to be in a spot with planty of restaurants (BBQ!), brewpubs and nightlife all relatiely close to the sprint center.

2) Will we need to rent a car for our stay or is getting around town easy enough?

3) I plan on checking out the art museum, jazz museum and possibly the world of fun in addition to the NCAA games. Are there any other attractions or lessor known spots that I simply shouldn't miss?

4) Any suggestions for restaurants, pubs, jazz clubs etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and hopefully see you in 2009!

5 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    • Restaurants with character

by Starlas Online Now Oct 26, 2004 at 1:12 PM

We'll be in Kansas City soon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a really nice restaurant. Looking for something that has a lot of character.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM
    • storyin's Profile Photo

Kansas City hostel or b&b close to train station

by storyin Online Now Jun 24, 2004 at 9:21 AM

I will transfer in Kansas City at night , if my train is not on time , I have to over night in Kansas City , if anyone can recommend me a nice and safe hostel or b&b close to train station , will be a very big help ~!! thank sss in advanced ;D

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Are Lindsborg and Salina diverse towns?

by CALSF Online Now Jun 20, 2004 at 7:52 PM

We need to travel here for a chess event. What I can gather is these are really small towns; we're from San Francisco, used to the big city. Are the communities here diverse, friendly?

7 Answers Jun 21, 2004 at 3:17 PM
    • Good young family neighborhoods near South KC burbs?

by pacificnw1 Online Now Apr 22, 2004 at 3:11 PM

My wife, toddlers, and I are thinking about moving back to Kansas City. I grew up in Overland Park, but haven't lived there for almost 20 years now. Ideally, I'm looking for a good middle class income community with new development, young families, and good schools. My parents live in Leawood, but that's too expensive and seems a better fit for older families or retirees (like them). Can anybody suggest good growth locations that would be within 30 minutes of Leawood? How is Olathe doing now? I hear that Lee's Summit has had a growth boom, too. We're visiting later this summer to look around so any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers May 11, 2004 at 5:05 PM
    • fergalflann's Profile Photo

Cheapest areas to live in Kansas City, MO ?

by fergalflann Online Now Feb 9, 2004 at 3:57 AM

I plan on going to Kansas City, MO early this year for 3 months but am having a lot of trouble trying to find which areas would be the cheapest to live in. Ideally I am looking for somewhere that has food stores within walkable distance , and easy access to public transport. If any one has any leads , or advice they could give me I would really appreciate it. thanks for your time Fergal

1 Answer Apr 8, 2005 at 8:32 AM
    • Football

by Claudiac Online Now Oct 22, 2002 at 8:52 AM

We will be in the Kansas City area on Saturday, Oct. 26 and don't want to miss the Notre Dame/Florida State football game. We need a good place to watch it where we won't be embarrassed if we yell. Thanks

3 Answers Oct 23, 2002 at 9:24 AM