change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bobpayne99's Profile Photo

Food supplies

Northampton Apr 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

What stores (Groceries and Butchers) are available in Northampton? Looking at staying a week at Horrocks and keen to see where I can get supplies.

more
    • Moving to New Zealand

Sydney Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi All,
      I am working in a MNC, now moving to New Zealand, so guys please guide me to make my moving task easy. and suggest me a sydney based international removalists which can move my stuff safe and can give timely delivery.

more
    • Best Excess Baggage Courier ?

Sydney Apr 1, 2014 at 3:16 AM

Hello Guys,
      want to send excess baggage from Australia to India via cargo . please share the experienced and cheap courier and shipment services detail .

more
    • What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in July.

Perth Mar 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

What places do you recommend taking tourist in Winter my family are coming over in
      July.

more
    • Leeman Western Australia

Leeman Mar 26, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Does anyone know what days and times do the crayboats come in and allow people to buy crayfish off the back of their boats?
      Thanks

more
    • kroy1811's Profile Photo

Photography Tour Melbourne

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM

We will be travelling to Melbourne in May 2014 and would like to take on a photography tours to the Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles.

Can anyone recommend a good one ?

Thanks

Wasti

more
    • kid friendly things to do

Tuross Heads Apr 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM

kid friendly things to do in and around tuross heads - 9 yr old boy in particular

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Canberra with kids

Canberra Apr 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Hi! Going to Canberra next Monday and would like some recommendations for somewhere good to eat...minimum of 4 adults and 6 kids (max up to about 8 adults and 11 kids if everyone can make it). Would love somewhere with a playroom of some sorts. Preferably in the Belconnen area. Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • Tourist visa

Australia Apr 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hello VT members, I am from India and traveled Asian countries only. Now I want to apply for Tourist visa for Australia. This time I and 2 of my friends wants to apply. Agents are really charging very high fee for tourist visa. We can use that fee amount for our air-ticket if we can get our visa our self.

I check Immi.gov.au and gone through check list for subclass 600.

Please let me know if subclass 600 is right visa for me as I want to travel for 2 week. Should I apply for
      visa with my friends together and mention in file out them or we have to apply separately. how to get itinerary
      before getting visa, as if we are booking tickets and hotel then in case visa rejection we ll have great loss.

I am married and have wife and two kinds they are not accompanying me same is with my friends, they are also going alone. Please help to get visa so that we can have good holiday in AUSTRALIA.

more
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • Travel mate - 2-6 May

Melbourne Mar 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hi- I will be Melbourne from May 2 to 6. Looking for a traveling buddy. Vegetarians/ vegans preferred.

I am 32, from Singapore.

I am hoping to see the great ocean road, trek, cycle and meet new friends to hang out.

Drop me am email if you are keen. We may be able to work something :)

Royteosg@gmail.com

more
    • airport shuttles

Bunbury Apr 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM

hi, are there any airport shuttles from perth airport to bunbury, im having difficulty locating one

more
    • self drive tour of uluru and the olgas

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Hello
      Is it possible to drive around the base of Uluru ? Like maybe do a mix of drive and walk around the base.

I am planning a 2 to 3 days visit in early july, with my 2 young children (8 and 6) and I find it hard to choose between an organised tour, the uluru express shuttle or just hire a car : I am not sure my kids could do the long walks in the time imparted by most of the organized tours but I would like them to do more than watch the sunset and take a photo !

more
    • Travel options from the airport to Mercure Hotel in Albert Park

Melbourne 23 hours ago

I need a cheap solution to travel from the airport to the Mercure Hotel in Albert Park. My work pays for conference attendance but I need to fork out the travel expenses. thanks

more
    • Should I rent a campervan or not?

Byron Bay Apr 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I'm going to Byron Bay for the Easter weekend, now I can't decide if I should rent a campervan or not? I am going to watch Bluesfest [http://www.bluesfest.com.au/] but most of the campsites are sold out. I read this blog that mentioned the bluesfest [blog.vroomvroomvroom.com/201...] so i decided to check out their list of campervans, now I am not sure if it is a wise idea to hire one or just book a hotel. However, I know that most hotels are quite far from the venue. Can anyone help me decide?

more
    • Toilets & eating houses

Nimbin Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

What are the public toilet facilities like in town, are there plenty of places to eat, I'm bringing 20 old ladies there this week?

more
    • Looking for a place to crash in once we arrive!

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are a young married couple, just got granted the PR, and we will be arriving to Melbourne on the 28th 05:30 am , anyone has any idea where can we stay easily without moving too much with our luggage?

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Check and pay the toll

Melbourne Mar 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM

we traveled from Brisbaine to Melboure. we can sure that we did pass some toll highway.
      but how can we check and pay the total amount of toll before they send the toll invoice.

more
    • should i overnight at phillip island?

Melbourne Mar 31, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to melbourne this june.
      I will stay a night at Lorne after a day on GOR.
      The next day, I'm planning to take a ferry to Mornington and drive to Phillip Island.
      Hoping to catch the penguin parade. My question is, should I spend a night at Phillip Island or is there a nice place to stay nearby as the accomodation cost is quite high?

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Buying US$ in Australia

Australia Yesterday

going to Bali and they recommend Visa is paid in US$.
      1. has anyone paid I another currency? is it that much of a drama to pay in AUD?
      2. where can I get US$ in Aussie land without paying ridiculous exchange rate and fees?
      Last time I did it at the Airport ATM and US$100 cost AUD$120 and that was when it was $1 for $1 exchange rate.
      cross my fingers for a cheap solution.

more
    • most popular area to stay

Melbourne Apr 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM

which is the most popular area to stay as we are planing to come for 4 days

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • i would like to know more about macchu picchu.

Australia Mar 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Hi guys, my name is toshi, i am from japan and Just starting to plan a potential MP trip in May this year. We would fly in to Cuzcu thru Lima, and then would like to take the train to get to MP (already checked Inca Rail which is available).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many days to spend in MP before taking the train back? Also how long does it take to hike up to the top? We don't want to hike down the trail (which is why we are taking the train), but what is the remaining route to reach MP?

Thanks for the help in advance!

more
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by lovinoz Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM

My husband and I are planning to take our 10 month old daughter to Kangaroo Island in March 2014 for 5-7 days. We will be taking the car ferry (we live in Adelaide). Can you recommend which part of KI is best to stay? We want to base ourself in one place. We plan to mostly self-cater meals, but with the occasional meal out. Any recommendations are welcome. Cost is not a major issue, but always after value for money. We will probably do a lot of bush walking and lazing on a beach. Not so much going to organised wildlife tours (penguins and birds).

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • Christmas Street

by ricemartin Online Now Dec 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Hello

Quick question: Why is Christmas Street on Kangaroo Island named so?

Many thanks for your local insight.

Sincerely

Martin

10 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • How many days would you recommend?

by ccava Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We want to visit Kangaroo island this december. We are going to drive from Melbourne. We are not sure about how many days shall we spent in the island considering that we are driving from Melbourne just to do the Great Ocean Road and to visit Kangaroo Island. Hope you can help.

5 Answers May 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    • Where should we stay?

by gpeterson2000 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My 21 year old daughter and I will be visiting Adelaide/KI in April. We were thinking about spending two days on the island. I'd rather not rent a car/drive there. I've read that you can join tours for a reduced price. I've also heard that public transportation is limited on KI and the tours don't pick up at every B&B/hotel, etc. We are interested in wildlife, sandboarding, water activities, and the rocks. Where would be the best place for us to stay in order to meet up with a tour?

4 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • B&B owned by Sandy and Ian Johnston

by MaggieKelly Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Hi
      I hope you can help I am looking for a particular B&B run. By a couple called Sandy
      and Ian Johnstone on Kangaroo Island. I Think the name of the guesthouse is named after a flower in the area which begins with the letter C. Hope you can help.

3 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    • Stokes Bay or D'estrees Bay?

by steph&wil Online Now Aug 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I can't decide between two places, one at Stokes Bay the other at D'Estrees? Any advice about which would be the better base for Kangaroo Island?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    • Melbournite's Profile Photo

How many days would you recommend for a bus load of year 9 students?!

by Melbournite Online Now May 20, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Hi KI,

What kind of accommodation is available on Kangaroo Island for maybe 30-35 year 9 students travelling by bus? They are about 14 years old and we'd be looking at taking them to varied places for different activities. Any suggestions? It would be in November. Thanks!

3 Answers May 22, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    • Car rentals to Kangaroo Island

by linlorli Online Now Feb 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Does anyone know which car rental companies allow you to take the car to Kangaroo Island?

2 Answers Nov 5, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    • Susumarie's Profile Photo

Kangaroo Island Day Trips?

by Susumarie Online Now Nov 4, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Is there any practicality to day trips to Kangaroo Island, or is it too far, too much? How long does it take to get their/back by ferry?
      Thank you,
      Elizabeth

6 Answers Nov 6, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    • yasminruth's Profile Photo

Adleide-KI -Melbourne (12nd Dec - 22nd Dec)

by yasminruth Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Hi. My name is Yasmin and my hubby and I (in our early 30s)will be in Adelaide from 11th Dec. We are hiring a car and would like to share the cost of travel with a couple who are interested in going to Kangaroo Island from Adelaide on the 12th of Dec to the 15th of Dec. We will then be making our way up to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road and plan to reach Melbourne on the 20th as we have a flight to catch early on the 21st.

We are huge nature lovers want to see as much of the natural beauty of the route as possible. We are easy going and flexible and just want to have a relaxing time :)We plan to camp at safe campgrounds.

The cost for a couple will be AUD500 (per pax250)which includes the following :
      1. car rental
      2. petrol
      3. Sealink ferry charges for car (does not include your ferry pass that is about164 per couple)
      4.my hubby driving for the 10 days.

We plan to camp at safe campgrounds. If your travel plans fall into the above dates, pls email me at yrparanjothy@hotmail.com

Am really sorry but you have to be a non smoker :)

• yasminruth's Profile Photo

Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?

by yasminruth Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hi. My hubby and I (in our early 30s) will be hiring a car from Adelaide on the 11th of Dec 2008 and we'll be going to KI on either the 11th or 12th. We'll be in KI for 3 nights camping and we want to see as much of KI as we can. Having a car is a great asset, i believe.
      It's a small car (Hyundai Getz)so it'll only be able to accomodate 2 medium sized people in the back seat with medium backpacks.
      The cost for 2 pax total will be AUD350 that includes the following

1. Return travel from Adelaide to Cape Jervis where we take the ferry to KI (and back to Adelaide).
      I've checked around and I think theres a coach that runs between Adelaide and Cape Jervis for AUD40 per pax return. So just that would cost you both AUD80 if you were to make your own way to Cape Jervis.

2. The ferry cost of the vehicle (does not include your ferry pass that you'll have to buy seperately)

3. The car rental cost

4. Travel within KI for 3 days to all the interesting places that we can discuss and go to.

5. The total fuel cost

5. My hubby driving :)

I do believe that this would be one of the cheapest ways if your on a budget like us to see as much of KI and enable us to be flexible and go to all the interesting places in KI.

If your interested, pls email me at yrparanjothy@hotmail.com with title to email 'Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?'.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2008 at 7:56 PM
    • Kangaroo Island stamps

by grossp Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 6:03 AM

Hello,
      I've tried to find a place where to buy a set of these Kangaroo Island stamps but to no avail. Do you know of a contact person who would help me getting these stamps?
      Thanks in advance and best regards
      Pascal

2 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • moirholj's Profile Photo

Where to stay and for how long?

by moirholj Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Hello all,

I will be visiting Kangaroo Island mid-November this year, and I am wondering if anyone has any Bed and Breakfast recommendations. Also, do you think a two night stay is enough to really enjoy the area? I will be on a 3 week trip, so I am trying not to spread myself too thin. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!

2 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 10:17 AM
    • lowlee's Profile Photo

Driving in Kangaroo Island

by lowlee Online Now Jul 11, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Read from some guide books that some car rental companies in Adelaide do not allow their rental cars to be driven into Kangaroo Island. Is that anyone's experience?. We are planning a trip to Adelaide, the Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo island. Would be easier and I think cheaper if we can get a car from Adelaide airport for the whole journey and return at the airport.

3 Answers Jul 19, 2007 at 3:24 PM
    • Where to stay & what to do for a family with small children

by sspix Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM

We plan on visiting KI during mid Aug 2007. From what I am reading about KI, the best way to get there from Adelaide is to take the SEALINK Tourbus to Cape Jarvis and take the FERRY and then rent a car in Penneshaw. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. This trip will be my husband and I and our two small daughters (4 and 5 years old). Of course, we are wanting to see all the parks we can, however, my kids just look forward to swimming in a pool. Do you suggest a hotel w/an indoor pool and if so, which one? Also, we have about 10 days for our trip, how many days would you recommend for KI and would you recommend spending any time in Adelaide. We are Americans living in Japan. My husband and I have been to Cairns and that area, but that is the only place in Australia. Any recommendations on how to plan this trip would be well received. I spend literally hours and hours trying to plan a trip before we go, but with two small children, it adds a lot more questions to what to do and where to go. If it were just me, I'm content just being lazy! Thanks in advance for any input.

2 Answers Jul 10, 2007 at 5:54 PM
    • lisa_aruliah's Profile Photo

Melbourne to Adelaide to Kangaroo Island (and Return)

by lisa_aruliah Online Now May 28, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Hi all,
      A friend and I are planning to go to Kangaroo Island from Melbourne for a couple of days. I know that the quickest way to get there is fly to Adelaide.

Would like to know if anyone has been on this route before. I would like to know what's the most cost effective way of travel to and from Kangaroo Island. We're thinking of leaving on a thursday night, stay in Adelaide for most of the day and get the last transport out to Kangaroo Island on Friday night. Then return from Kangaroo Island in the afternoon and hopefully make it to Melbourne by nightfall.

Any deals on flights/transport/accomodation/tourist spots would be most welcome...even if you could send me links to where I can get this info I'd be really glad.

Talk soon!

1 Answer Jun 4, 2007 at 8:17 PM
    • Kangaroo Island Wayward Bus Motel

by walkabout07 Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 3:24 PM

What motel does Wayward Bus use on Kangaroo Island?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2007 at 3:39 PM
    • Honey

by gildas Online Now Oct 19, 2006 at 5:30 AM

How can I buy gift packs of honey through Internet ?

1 Answer Oct 19, 2006 at 6:56 AM
    • Best route to KI

by KathR Online Now Jul 12, 2006 at 3:13 AM

My family are going to drive from Melbourne to Kangaroo Island in time to catch the 6 or 7 pm ferry to the island at Cape Jervis. What exit do we take from the freeway to get the easiest route to Cape Jervis???

3 Answers Jul 17, 2006 at 4:38 AM
    • theferryman's Profile Photo

getting around

by theferryman Online Now Nov 7, 2005 at 2:18 PM

Hi

Is it easy to get to places on Kangaroo Island by ordinary car or will I need a 4x4? Altenatively, would anyone recommend a good tour eco friendly tour company which operates either on the island or from Adelaide.

Thanks

2 Answers Nov 8, 2005 at 8:00 PM
    • groceries on KI?

by KarenLaB Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 7:14 AM

We're spending our Kangaroo Island visit in the lighthousekeeper's cottage at Cape du Couedic. We're planning to cook our meals while there, but where do we shop? Do I bring food over from the mainland?

TIA,
      Karen

2 Answers Jun 25, 2005 at 10:17 PM
    • Best tour to see animals

by tessthemess Online Now Sep 25, 2003 at 4:01 PM

4 of us are going over Christmas and want to know the best tour/tour operator to see animals. We don't care about wine, cheese or bees. Thanks

• Quero's Profile Photo

Plane or boat to KI?

by Quero Online Now Sep 21, 2003 at 5:13 AM

One KI travel page suggests getting to KI by ferry since it takes only a few minutes longer and is quite a lot less expensive than flying. But.... We (five of us) are flying into Adelaide from abroad and would have to get from the airport to the ferry terminal (and the same on the return trip) in order to catch the ferry. I'm kind of thinking that it might be better just to book a flight in order to avoid the hassle of transfers. Any advice? Quero

3 Answers Sep 24, 2003 at 7:01 AM