Kangaroo Island Travel Answers

change location
Melbournite's Profile Photo

How many days would you recommend for a bus load of year 9 students?!

by Melbournite Online Now May 20, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Hi KI,

What kind of accommodation is available on Kangaroo Island for maybe 30-35 year 9 students travelling by bus? They are about 14 years old and we'd be looking at taking them to varied places for different activities. Any suggestions? It would be in November. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: How many days would you recommend for a bus load of year 9 students?!

by unaS Online Now May 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM

I would suggest that you check out the itineraries of the Wayward Tours group.

We tavelled with them and I can definitely recommend it for young teens too.
    Marvelous experience.

We also stayed at a great hotel/hostel. They had dorm rooms and private rooms both, clean, rustic, new and pleasant. Great dining hall for breakfast as well.

http://www.waywardbus.com.au/

Full details on Australia pages: Tips/To Do

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Melbournite's Profile Photo

by Melbournite Online Now May 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM

Hi unaS,

Thanks for your tips. I've looked up Wayward Bus- nice website. Was the hostel you stayed in the farmstay they mention for the two day Adelaide-KI-Adelaide trip? Were you rushing from place to place on KI in two days- or did you stay longer than that?

• unaS's Profile Photo

by unaS Online Now May 22, 2009 at 6:36 AM

We did take the 1n/2d trip, but spent an extra night there on our own to see the fairy penguins. They let us return the next day on the ferry and coach w/o paying extra for that (for travelling separately, w/o the group).

With the group we stayed at a motel/hostel, not a farm - Kangaroo Island Wilderness Resort - it was very near to where we stopped to watch the wild Koalas at sunset. They may have changed that since.

For the extra night, on our own, we chose a nice B&B - Seaview Lodge, Lot 3 Willoughby in Penneshaw - not suitable for a group, I think.

There was very little rushing. We spent sufficient time at each stop to get a pretty good intro and to spend some time walking around. The only stop that was perhaps a bit too short for me was the Remarkable Rocks in Flinders Chase Nat'l Park.

For me the highlight was the Seal Reserve where one gets up close to them and sees them in their natural state, not in a zoo, performing.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines