Kangaroo Island Travel Answers

change location
yasminruth's Profile Photo

Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?

by yasminruth Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hi. My hubby and I (in our early 30s) will be hiring a car from Adelaide on the 11th of Dec 2008 and we'll be going to KI on either the 11th or 12th. We'll be in KI for 3 nights camping and we want to see as much of KI as we can. Having a car is a great asset, i believe.
It's a small car (Hyundai Getz)so it'll only be able to accomodate 2 medium sized people in the back seat with medium backpacks.
The cost for 2 pax total will be AUD350 that includes the following

1. Return travel from Adelaide to Cape Jervis where we take the ferry to KI (and back to Adelaide).
I've checked around and I think theres a coach that runs between Adelaide and Cape Jervis for AUD40 per pax return. So just that would cost you both AUD80 if you were to make your own way to Cape Jervis.

2. The ferry cost of the vehicle (does not include your ferry pass that you'll have to buy seperately)

3. The car rental cost

4. Travel within KI for 3 days to all the interesting places that we can discuss and go to.

5. The total fuel cost

5. My hubby driving :)

I do believe that this would be one of the cheapest ways if your on a budget like us to see as much of KI and enable us to be flexible and go to all the interesting places in KI.

If your interested, pls email me at yrparanjothy@hotmail.com with title to email 'Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?'.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • sory72's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?

by sory72 Online Now Oct 11, 2008 at 5:13 AM

Hi there,
    I would put your add in Gumtree.com.au, it's a much better site to find someone.
    Good luck.
    Cheers
    Soraya

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yasminruth's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone want to share a car with us to KI?

by yasminruth Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 7:56 PM

thank you so much for the tip :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines