Kangaroo Island Travel Answers

change location
moirholj's Profile Photo

Where to stay and for how long?

by moirholj Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Hello all,

I will be visiting Kangaroo Island mid-November this year, and I am wondering if anyone has any Bed and Breakfast recommendations. Also, do you think a two night stay is enough to really enjoy the area? I will be on a 3 week trip, so I am trying not to spread myself too thin. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Where to stay and for how long?

by gerrypmac Online Now Aug 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

I have no recommendations on accommodation but feel that a two night stay is more than sufficient to see the island. We had a day trip.Drove down from Adelaide to Cape Jervis in the early morning.Caught the ferry across and linked up with organised bus tour at kangaroo island ( booked from motel previous night). Great day seeing all the sights of kangaroo island, including seals, koalas, kangaroos etc. The bus covered a lot of Kilometres and included the whole island, but it was excellent. Got back to ferry and drove back to adelaide that night. a great day.a longer stay would enable things to be not as rushed (although we did not really miss anything)An overnight stay would be good but 2 days (1 night) would be sufficient from a tourist/wildlife perspective for most people, unless you have a specific interest. It is a good choice to put on your itinery and well worth the visit. Have a good trip and best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Where to stay and for how long?

by woj813 Online Now Oct 4, 2007 at 10:17 AM

hello, im from adelaide and have been to Kangaroo Island 3 times. i dont really have any advice on Bed and breakfast coz we stayed with family and in caravan parks. but 2 nights isnt really long enough. its along way between sights driving and it takes a while to get from one end to the other especially place like the remarkable rocks which are a must see. milla

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines