Kangaroo Island Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay & what to do for a family with small children

by sspix Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM

We plan on visiting KI during mid Aug 2007. From what I am reading about KI, the best way to get there from Adelaide is to take the SEALINK Tourbus to Cape Jarvis and take the FERRY and then rent a car in Penneshaw. Please, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. This trip will be my husband and I and our two small daughters (4 and 5 years old). Of course, we are wanting to see all the parks we can, however, my kids just look forward to swimming in a pool. Do you suggest a hotel w/an indoor pool and if so, which one? Also, we have about 10 days for our trip, how many days would you recommend for KI and would you recommend spending any time in Adelaide. We are Americans living in Japan. My husband and I have been to Cairns and that area, but that is the only place in Australia. Any recommendations on how to plan this trip would be well received. I spend literally hours and hours trying to plan a trip before we go, but with two small children, it adds a lot more questions to what to do and where to go. If it were just me, I'm content just being lazy! Thanks in advance for any input.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • adelaidean's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay & what to do for a family with small children

by adelaidean Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 4:28 PM

I would recommend spending some time in Adelaide. Hire another car and get out and see Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, victor Harbour, The beautiful hills and explore the city itself... Mid August is going to be rather chilly for swimming unless you can find a heated pool..Kangaroo Island is a fascinating place for a few days...I love it there, and would always recommend it...but after 3 days I personally would have had enough...If you want to know any more, email me or check out my pages about my home state....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nev-harris's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay & what to do for a family with small children

by nev-harris Online Now Jul 10, 2007 at 5:54 PM

So Far all your information is correct about how to get there etc.
    There is also an Island Pass which gives you dicounts and free entry into seal bay etc. There are also camping holidays available online which are very cheap. Kangaroo Island has great beaches and wildlife you will have a ball.
    Nev

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines