change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mankam's Profile Photo

watch sri lanka vs england cricket

by mankam Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Will be in kandy , willing to watch Sri Lankan VS England cricket match.Anybody there?

1 Answer Dec 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • Cheap accommodation in Kandy

by aleciani Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Hi All,

I'm from Australia and looking for some budget accommodation in Kandy Sri Lanka. was going through most travel sites and narrowed down to a few. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this place called Sedevo Chalets? They offer private bungalows and looks pretty decent. Or what other place/s would you recommend with similar setup?
      Thanks
      Alicia

9 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • cangle_192's Profile Photo

Travelling on...

by cangle_192 Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Hi, I will be in kandy from tomorrow (fri 3rd jan) until sun (5th jan)
      Is anyone in the area at the same time who wants to share travel costs towards the east coast??

3 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • How do I book the Observation Car for the Kandy to Colombo Trains?

by rach.coop Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I know I cannot book the Observation Car until 10 days prior but do I have to be in SL to do this? Someone told me you can only do it from within the country? And how do I go about it? I want to travel on Nov 18 and I expect it to get booked up fast with the Com Conf on at the same time.

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • 2 days in Kandy - what to do?

by rach.coop Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I'm the outdoorsy type not the shopper and temple worshipper. Would appreciate best advice since the rest of my time in Sri Lanka is down in Galle. Only 2 days in the hills :-((
      Thanks! Rachel

4 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • immigration & emigration clearance

by manimuhilan Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

sir, I came from kuwait on termination of my housemaid visa. Now I plan to go kuwait again on receiving new visa from kuwait ministry so please inform me the total cost of expenditure for the following :-

1. Police clearance -
      2. Insurance cost & validity period -
      3. medical expense -
      4. making new passport -
      5. Travel agency commision for the above formalities -

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Esala Perahera

by milburnator Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Can anybody offer us some advice on attending the above festival. We will be staying in Beruwala from 10th August until the 24th August 2013, but fancy travelling to Kandy for the above festival and staying for one night. We would like to know what date would be the best to go, where we could stay for the night, and how to go about booking seats to watch. Also, it would be nice to know whether there are any places we could stop off at along the journey from Beruwala to Kandy. We will be travelling with our teenage son, so anywhere we stay would need to be child friendly.

Any advice would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Kaley and Steve

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • VM66's Profile Photo

Kandy Perahera/August

by VM66 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Hi

I will be in Kandy on 17 August. It will be the date of the Kandy 3rd Randoli Perahera festival.

I'll be staying in the hotel Amaya Hills and need information on how to go/and return from the hotel to the place of Kandy Perahera.

It is also necessary to pay a ticket or is a public event?

I appreciate any information

8 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • PaulH45's Profile Photo

Turning up in Kandy

by PaulH45 Online Now Jan 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Hi,

I will be turning up in Kandy on Thursday or Friday. A solo backpacker, I would like to find a place for around10 or less per night...I dont mind if I have to sleep with monkeys :) Are there beds for that price and within walking from the train station,

Thanks,

Paul Holmes. UK

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Self drive hire Kandy

by CarLitoGrande Online Now Aug 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hey,

After doing (self drive) the A2 from Colombo to Matara and back, we took the train to Kandy, where we are now.

We would like to explore the central province also by self drive but we find it quite hard (read: impossible) to find a rental car. Because I'm 6'8'' a small car doesn't fit.... (However I'm not looking for a SUV in particular.)

Does somebody already rented a self drive car in Kandy? Where was the car rented? Was the car, the service and the price ok?

We are hoping for some quick responses because we are only staying here until Saterday (We would like to rent from wednesday to Saterday).

Looking forward to your feedback.

Greetings,

CG&KC

• bashboo's Profile Photo

Kandy driver hire

by bashboo Online Now Mar 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Hi all,

I know this might be attracting a lot of seller replies.

I need to go from Kandy down to Mirissa (Matara) and I know there is no train service anymore. Can you advise on cars/drivers to hire?

How much would this cost me?

I'm currently being quoted by Red Dot tours nearly200...!

6 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • sanjaywg's Profile Photo

visiting Kandy

by sanjaywg Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      i plan to visit Srilanka in Nov end.

suggest a itenerary.

Sanjay Waghela

• df53's Profile Photo

Train to Nano Oya for Nuwara Eliya

by df53 Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I've looked at the schedules and it looks like you can go direct from Colombo, but not from Kandy to Nano Oya, is that right?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    • Kandy Perahara

by Andare Online Now May 29, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Hi,
      Im wondering, if someone can tell me what time Kandy Perahara starts? And also what's the best place to watch it without being pushed around..

Is it hard to find accommodation in Kandy around that time?

11 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • Travel tups to Kandy

by lucylex Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Hello,

My fiance and I are travelling around Sri Lanka and want to get to Kandy from Kalamatiya, which is close to Tangalle. We are open to train travel or car hire but want to do the quickest as we would like to spend some quality time in Kandy but have only one night there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lucy

5 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    • LostinParadiseTR's Profile Photo

Is it worth paying the extra for a with pool hotel in Kandy?

by LostinParadiseTR Online Now Feb 23, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I'm looking for accommodation in or very near Kandy, and finding that only the most expensive hotels have swimming pools. I wondered if it was worthwhile stretching the budget for this ........... or will the water be too cold to be enjoyable (I realise temperatures dip low at nighttime)? I will be there next January.

5 Answers Mar 18, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • Amaya hills

by JP5 Online Now Sep 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM

How long does it take to get to kandy centre fom the amaya hills hotel and much would this be in a Tut Tut.

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 4, 2007 at 1:18 AM
    • How far from Kandy to the Elephant Millennium Sanctuary at Randeniya, Kegalle

by michelet Online Now Mar 23, 2006 at 6:57 AM

Hiya
      We're going to Sri Lanka in mid-May and want to stay near to the Elephant Millennium Sanctuary at Randeniya, Hiriwadunna in Kegalle. Does anyone know of a nice hotel or even private villa for approximately 5 people, 3-4 star, with hot water fairly nearby?

Also do you know how long it would take to drive from Kandy to the sanctuary?

Thanking you in anticipation!

4 Answers Mar 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    • waxyjax's Profile Photo

accomodations in kandy

by waxyjax Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 10:00 PM

hi!
      just wondering if you all could recommend some safe and inexpensive guesthouses, hotels or hostels to stay in. i heard a lot of good things about the pink house--anyone have their contact info and address?

thanks!

6 Answers Feb 17, 2006 at 12:14 AM
    • farms to stay on near kandy

by jeanniebusby Online Now Dec 25, 2005 at 6:52 PM

I understand that there isn a really nice farm to stay on near kandy the owner is a super cook and most welcoming does anybody have any information please
      Jeannie

1 Answer Dec 26, 2005 at 8:58 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

accomodation in kandy

by alycat Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 7:36 AM

I am a budget traveler, used to traveling in a group, but i will be travelin alone this time round and wanted to know bout cheap accomodation in Colombo. Im willing to shell out 5 to 10 dollars for a day, and by cheap i dont mean a junkyard, like maybe Im looking for a good deal here. Or do any locals offer cheap and neat accomodation. Something i can book in advance before reaching Colombo and dont get looted by agents at the airport. I have an open ticket and might travel in August or december!!

I asked a Sri Lankan VT'er the same question but unfortunely he is too busy. All replies will be really appreciated thnx in advance.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2005 at 3:05 PM