Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Private Mt. Fuji 1 day Tour

Japan Yesterday

Hi all

I am looking for a company which operates private Mt. Fuji tour this coming December.

My choices are limited because we require a different pickup and dropoff point. Furthermore, my pickup point is not in the main Tokyo area. In fact we are pretty near to Mt Fuji

The Mt. Fuji tour date that we are looking at is 14 Dec 2014

Pickup:
      Kozantei Ubuya
      富士河口湖温泉郷 湖山亭うぶや
      〒401-0303 山梨県南都留郡富士河口湖町浅川10

At the end of the trip, we would like to return to:

http://www.southerntower.co.jp/

Hotel Century South Tower
      2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8583, Japan
      Tel: +81 3 5354 0111 Fax: +81 3 5354 0100

Please advise.

Thank you for all your help!

more
    • Gioji temple bicycle parking in Arashiyama?

Japan Jul 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hello,
      I plan on renting a bike during my stay in Arashiyama.

I'm planning on hitting:
      1. bamboo groves
      2.Jojakkoji Temple
      3. Gioji Temple
      4. Bike back to Saga Arashiyama

I know that Jojakkoji temple has bicycle parking according kanko.city.kyoto.lg.jp/bicyc... , but I didn't see a parking lot indicated for Gioji. And Gioji is so far away, does anyone know if there's a place to legally park my bike near that temple?

Also, with the bike, about how many hours would I need for this itinerary?
      We're planning at 3-4 hours, is this more than enough?

more
    • mamores's Profile Photo

Soccer World Cup 2014

Japan Jun 28, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Any Colombians in Tokyo that want to meet to watch the Colombia-Brasil match this Friday?

more
    • Antique Shops

Shizuoka-ken Jun 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Can you recommend an antique shop in the area?

more
    • Rail Pass?

Japan Jul 20, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hi! For our itinerary we are using the train as follows:
      Tokyo - Kyoto - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Osaka - Kyoto - Odawara - Tokyo, as well as local city trains.
      We are a family of five, staying 18 days in Japan.
      My question is, will we benefit from having a JR Rail Pass and if so which one?
      Thank you so much for taking the time to read :-)

more
    • tourist guide

Tokyo Jul 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Will be in Tokyo for 2 days in October.Looking for a recommended tourist guide. there will be 4 people in our group.
      Grateful for help. billybull

more
    • Kyoto accomodation

Kyoto Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Reccomend accomodation near kyoto JR station

more
    • Japanese Antiques

Shizuoka Jun 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Hello!

I'm looking for a Japanese antique store in Shizuoka. Any ideas?

Thank you!

more

Must see in Tokyo

Tokyo-to Jun 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are heading to Thailand next week and we have a layover in Tokyo of 2 days and a half. What suggestions do you have as far as MUST SEES? We will be staying at Sunroute Shinbanshi Hotel. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Getting to Sagara

Sagara Jul 18, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I'm flying into Narita airport in August to work in Sagara. What's the easiest and most straightforward way of getting there from the airport? I'm so confused!

more
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Cheap Shinkansen Ticket

Tokyo-to Jul 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Hi I would like to travel from Tokyo to Nagoya using shinkansen. I read the normal price if i was to buy on the spot is about 10,300 yen.

I read that i can get a cheaper one by
      1) Buying from travel agent such as JTB a day before. How much discount can i get for a tourist? and is there any JTB or travel agent shop inside Tokyo station?

2) Buying from vending machine at Ticket shops. I just know the type of tickets available are limited. Is there any further info on this?

I hope you can advice me.

Thanks.

more
    • Current Train service to Sendai 9 July

Kagoshima Jul 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

What is the status of service? My niece had to get off at Ijuin before lunch. Any kind soul out there know why the line is closed or when it will reopen?

more
    • shore tours/excursions from cruise ship

Japan Jul 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

English speaking tours/guides/shore excursions from cruise ship practically every port in japan in Sept/Oct 2014. The ship's excursions are quite expensive. We have been to Japan previously, but not some of the towns. Not interested in a lot of temples. We would appreciate any advice.

more
    • location of indian vegitarian food resturents

Tokyo Jul 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM

we need information regarding availability indian vegiterian in tokyo at shinjuku location

more
    • Bus from Fukuoka

Hiroshima Jul 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Is there a bus service running between Fukuoka and Hiroshima?

more
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Universal Studio Japan Express Pass Booklet 7 and Admission Ticket

Osaka Jul 1, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Hi all, I will be travelling to Japan this December and will most probably be staying in Swissotel Osaka.

I would like to know if there is any way that I can get the Express Pass Booklet 7 and Admission Ticket before I head off for the trip either online or around my hotel or even in my home country of Singapore.

This is because I have children in my group and wish to prepare everything in advance. Am also worried about the express booklets being sold out on that day itself.

Please advise.

Thank you!

more
    • 3 weeks in october

Japan Jun 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

hi, i am traveling in japan in october and not sure the best/cheapest/fastest way to travel to cities i would like ot visit. Below is my itinerary: PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND

5oct arrive in NRT at 9pm
      6oct from tokyo to kanazawa
      8oct kanazawa to shirakawago
      9oct shirakawago to takayama
      11oct takayama to either kamikochi or matsumoto for stopver to see castle for few hours and move on.. i can sleep in either city or in tokyo depending on what route is best
      12-16oct tokyo
      17oct day trip to nikko and then evening train to kyoto
      18-22kyoto
      23kyoto to osaka
      25 osaka to KIX to fly home in morning

please help me understand what is best mode of transport. i can buy a one week pass for my week in tokyo (start jr pass on 10th and end on 17th when i take train from nikko to kyoto),. or i can do a 2 week pass from 5th to 18th. i understand jr pass might not be fastest in takayama/matsumoto region. and i was considering taking Nohi bus in that area if its better.

any/all advise and help is appreciated greatly!!!!!
      alan

more
    • 3 days in tokyo..

Japan Jul 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I have a 3 day layover in Japan and would like some advice on what to do/ where to stay. I enjoy temples and would like to see some. I also would like to buy some anime(if any has english subtitles).The other thing I would like to do is eat horse shashimi. I love seeing temples and religious places as well. I also would love. to see mt. Fuji, but i dont think i am in japan long enough. I do not know anything about japan nor do i speak japanese, but i dont want to miss the chance to explore the cith some. i also would like to know how the trains and where i can buy a pass. Any advice/recommendations on must see places would be great! Thanks.

more
    • Bus to Hiroshima

Fukuoka Jul 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Is there a bus service that runs between Fukuoka and Hiroshima?

more

Night life

Tokyo-to Jun 27, 2014 at 6:50 AM

What would be a cool and safe area to have a nice not too expensive dinner and some drinks at a bar? Your recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more

Cash and ATMs

Tokyo Jun 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I would like to know whether it is easy to get cash from ATMs in Tokyo or not. We will be traveling from the US next week so we are not quite sure about bringing a lot of cash or being able to get money at ATM/s

more
    • interesting places to visit

Osaka Jun 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Interesting laces to visit in and around Osaka

more
    • Aussie sports bars - tokyo and Osaka

Japan Jun 23, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of any sports bars in both tokyo and Osaka that show NRL rugby league? Heard of Bar Quest in roppongi but any in the shinjuku area as we are staying at Hilton in that area. Any in Osaka too??

more
    • pumm07's Profile Photo

the weather

Fukuoka Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi, I will go to Fukuoka this August. Can anyone tell me about the weather?

more

MUST SEES in two days and a half

Tokyo Jun 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Hello everyone,
      We are heading to Thailand next week and we have a layover in Tokyo of 2 days and a half. What suggestions do you have as far as MUST SEES? We will be staying at Sunroute Shinbanshi Hotel. Thanks for your help.

more

Near Kanazawa

• full day tour of Kanazawa

by richardjmorgan Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM

We arrive in Kanazawa on June 14th by cruise ship.Are there any Goodwill guide services that we can book for our day in town ? ..... we arrive early morning and we are in port for 12 hours.
      If possible we would love to experience any of the local markets including Omi-Cho market and also the geisha district.....We are seafood and sushi lovers so would love to experience a local non-tourist restaurant that specializes in these foods.
      Richard Morgan

2 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Better area to stay - Korinbo vs Omicho Market?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Four of us ladies will be visiting Kanazawa for 3 nights and deliberating between staying at either the Toyoko Inn Korinbo or a ryokan near the Omicho market (Sumiyoshiya). Would anyone be able to tell me which location is better in term of accessibility, surrounding places to eat in the evening, prettier, etc? We plan to visit most of the attractions from the Higashi Chaya District down to the Nishi Chaya District.

Toyoko Inn is cheaper at ¥3433/pax/night with breakfast (Sumiyoshiya charges ¥4900/pax/night w/out breakfast), and is in a modern shopping district with easy bus access. However, its room is really small in comparison to the ryokan. The ryokan also of cause has more charm. I would like to know whether it is worth the additional cost of the ryokan? Wouldn't want to spend more for the ryokan just to discover that the immediate vicinity in the evening has nothing to offer and the surrounds aren't as nice as Korinbo.

Secondly, Read that the bus services stop pretty early. How is the walk between Toyoko Inn Korinbo and Kazuemachi Chaya District at night? Is it an interesting walk or we go pass dark, quiet and dull places? This is in incase we decide to stay at Korinbo. One of the days we plan to visit Kazuemachi Chaya District at dusk since I heard that it is beautiful at that time. If we have dinner around there we may miss the last bus back to Korinbo. Thus, wondering if it is ok to walk? I know the distance is only something like 10 minutes but is it a pleasant walk for women? Are there many places for dinner around there or we better off looking for dinner at Korinbo?

Thanks!
      Mel

2 Answers Feb 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Kanazawa Light-Up Bus Pick-Up & Drop-Off Points

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Hi Guys,

I will be visiting Kanazawa for 3 nights April 20-23rd. I researched the Kanazawa Light-Up bus and found its schedule and all the bus stops. The website mentions that it starts from Terminal #1 at East Gate of Kanazawa Station and takes 32minutes. My question is can we get on and off this bus from any of the stop or only from the station? Ie, if I stay in Korinbo it will be easier for me to start and end the tour at the Korinbo Stop (No7).

Thanks!
      Mel

2 Answers Sep 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    • Viva Antipolo

by junta421 Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Is this bar still exist in Katamachi area,, Can someone guide please.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    • Green tea in Kazawa

by luckysamurai Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Hello everybody!
      Does anyone know about Kanazawa green tea with gold leaf?
      I'd be very thankfull if anyone gave me an information on where to buy in Kanazawa as I'm planning to travel there or are there any webshops?
      Thank you all.

5 Answers Dec 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    • wi-fi ??

by elpistolero Online Now May 23, 2010 at 7:51 AM

does the acty have a wi-fi it is a great hotel I stay there frequently however this time I would like to take my laptop if they have a wi-fi system I am going this month

thanks for any reply

• vmarjorie's Profile Photo

reservation necessary for Ninja temple visit ?

by vmarjorie Online Now Feb 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM

hi everyone,
      just wondering if it was really necessary to phone and book in advance to make that visit... my Japanese being somewhat limited, it would be easier if i could just show up. I am staying for 2 days in Kanazawa so maybe i could also stop by on my first day to book the 2nd day ?
      thanks in advance,
      Marj

• Day Trip from Kanazawa to Gokayama

by Orn Online Now Nov 8, 2007 at 11:05 PM

How long does it take from Kanazawa to Gokayama by bus?
      How is the bus schedule?

• kevarms's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve in Kanazawa

by kevarms Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 5:46 AM

Hi, I'll be in Kanazawa for New Year's Eve. Anything special going on? Where do people go to celebrate?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2006 at 5:44 AM