Kanazawa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Kanazawa

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Better area to stay - Korinbo vs Omicho Market?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Four of us ladies will be visiting Kanazawa for 3 nights and deliberating between staying at either the Toyoko Inn Korinbo or a ryokan near the Omicho market (Sumiyoshiya). Would anyone be able to tell me which location is better in term of accessibility, surrounding places to eat in the evening, prettier, etc? We plan to visit most of the attractions from the Higashi Chaya District down to the Nishi Chaya District.

Toyoko Inn is cheaper at ¥3433/pax/night with breakfast (Sumiyoshiya charges ¥4900/pax/night w/out breakfast), and is in a modern shopping district with easy bus access. However, its room is really small in comparison to the ryokan. The ryokan also of cause has more charm. I would like to know whether it is worth the additional cost of the ryokan? Wouldn't want to spend more for the ryokan just to discover that the immediate vicinity in the evening has nothing to offer and the surrounds aren't as nice as Korinbo.

Secondly, Read that the bus services stop pretty early. How is the walk between Toyoko Inn Korinbo and Kazuemachi Chaya District at night? Is it an interesting walk or we go pass dark, quiet and dull places? This is in incase we decide to stay at Korinbo. One of the days we plan to visit Kazuemachi Chaya District at dusk since I heard that it is beautiful at that time. If we have dinner around there we may miss the last bus back to Korinbo. Thus, wondering if it is ok to walk? I know the distance is only something like 10 minutes but is it a pleasant walk for women? Are there many places for dinner around there or we better off looking for dinner at Korinbo?

Thanks!
      Mel

2 Answers Feb 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Kanazawa Light-Up Bus Pick-Up & Drop-Off Points

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Hi Guys,

I will be visiting Kanazawa for 3 nights April 20-23rd. I researched the Kanazawa Light-Up bus and found its schedule and all the bus stops. The website mentions that it starts from Terminal #1 at East Gate of Kanazawa Station and takes 32minutes. My question is can we get on and off this bus from any of the stop or only from the station? Ie, if I stay in Korinbo it will be easier for me to start and end the tour at the Korinbo Stop (No7).

Thanks!
      Mel

2 Answers Sep 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    • Viva Antipolo

by junta421 Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Is this bar still exist in Katamachi area,, Can someone guide please.

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    • Green tea in Kazawa

by luckysamurai Online Now Dec 22, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Hello everybody!
      Does anyone know about Kanazawa green tea with gold leaf?
      I'd be very thankfull if anyone gave me an information on where to buy in Kanazawa as I'm planning to travel there or are there any webshops?
      Thank you all.

5 Answers Dec 24, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    • wi-fi ??

by elpistolero Online Now May 23, 2010 at 7:51 AM

does the acty have a wi-fi it is a great hotel I stay there frequently however this time I would like to take my laptop if they have a wi-fi system I am going this month

thanks for any reply

• vmarjorie's Profile Photo

reservation necessary for Ninja temple visit ?

by vmarjorie Online Now Feb 24, 2010 at 11:36 PM

hi everyone,
      just wondering if it was really necessary to phone and book in advance to make that visit... my Japanese being somewhat limited, it would be easier if i could just show up. I am staying for 2 days in Kanazawa so maybe i could also stop by on my first day to book the 2nd day ?
      thanks in advance,
      Marj

• Day Trip from Kanazawa to Gokayama

by Orn Online Now Nov 8, 2007 at 11:05 PM

How long does it take from Kanazawa to Gokayama by bus?
      How is the bus schedule?

• kevarms's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve in Kanazawa

by kevarms Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 5:46 AM

Hi, I'll be in Kanazawa for New Year's Eve. Anything special going on? Where do people go to celebrate?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2006 at 5:44 AM