Kananaskis Lakes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• where to go first?

Banff National Park Nov 24, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Hello! i´m planning to go to Banff, Jasper and every beautiful place there, but i would like go to big cities too like Montreal Toronto etc. I will go in May 2016 and have 1 month to go to all those places but dont know where to start. Why? because i dont know how is the weather in that month. I will be studying english in Vancouver before that.
      thank you!

• Fishing near Mt Kidd campground

by Riders2013 Online Now Jun 21, 2015 at 9:50 AM

The family is heading out this summer camping. We have fished Lorette ponds but that is crazy. Too many people and too few fish. I heard there is a pond or lake that has Char. Can anyone confirm this? And what lures are you using? My 6 and 8 year olds would love to catch something on this trip. Thanks Ed

• roughing it

by royadams Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM

what types of animals will i encouter while sleeping in the kanasksis country for 3 nights aswell as exploring around in the day.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    • Lake for novice canoeing

by justinleisle Online Now May 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I'm taking my mom kayaking/canoeing for the long weekend around Calgary, she is novice so I want to do a nice lake which won't be too crowded and maybe a small river run. Any suggestions?

1 Answer May 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    • Kananaskis or Jasper with kids - which one and what to do?

by AnnekeGlen Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I will beflying in from Toronto to spend about 5 days with our young family - 2 kids aged 4 and 5 -- road trip between Calgary and Edmonton. We want a meaningful trip, not super rushed, family friendly but also since we might not be back in the area for a while, hit as many 'breathtaking' must-see spots as we can..also would be fun to 'do' some fun things with the kids and nature

Our tentative itinerary

Day 1 Calgary - stay w friends in Calgary
      Day 2 Drumheller - drive back to Calgary
      Day 3 Kananaskis - canoe with kids or rent raft? stay in Banff for the night
      Day 4 Early morning Peyto Lake, Gondola ride, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake - Banff for the night
      Day 5 Icefields Parkway - stop at Snocoach Athabaska glacier - Jasper for the night
      Day 6 Drive to Edmonton - stay w friends
      Day 7 Flight out of Edmonton in the early afternoon

Is this too rushed? Are we missing the big things, and focussing on others too much? What are the must sees in any of the spots we are planning to visit? I planned it this way so that we would spend time w friends unwinding at the start and end of the trip. However, now I'm wondering if I need more time in Kananaskis, Banff and Jasper and should cut out Drumheller?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

6 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM