Kananaskis Lakes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Victoria day

Waterton Lakes National Park May 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM

are the stores open on Victoria day ( Monday May 18 2015 )

more
    • Best Cell / Mobile Phone to use in Banff / Sunshine / Lake Louise area of Canada

Banff May 15, 2015 at 2:45 AM

I will be in the Banff area for a number of months and would like some advice on what is the most cost effective and useful cell / mobile service provider to use. My uk issued smartphone is quad band so should work for calls but the 3G frequency will be wrong for internet service. Internet service in Canada seems relatively expensive compared to UK so I am wondering if it would be better to use wifi hotspots where possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • What to wear

Lake Louise Yesterday

I am staying at the Deer Lodge Lake Louise next march, what would you advise to take wear at this time of year and any recommendations for places to go and see?

more
    • Finding Cheap Flights

Calgary May 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM

I plan on going on a trip this summer but seeing as I am on a students budget I was hoping that I could just improvise based on what trip seems to be the most affordable.
      I was hoping that someone could recommend a resource where I do not have to know my destination, only a travel date and location from which I am departing.

Thanks so much!

more
    • Rains in June

Lake Louise May 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Due to work schedules, we can only travel in June and current weather forecasts show rains and cloudy days on most of our travel days. My question is , does it usually rain all day or does it rain in small bouts and there is possibility of some sunshine to get the beautiful colours of the lakes? Thanks in advance for your replies

more
    • passport required?

Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park May 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Do you have to have a passport to enter from Glacier National Park?

more
    • roughing it

by royadams Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM

what types of animals will i encouter while sleeping in the kanasksis country for 3 nights aswell as exploring around in the day.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    • Lake for novice canoeing

by justinleisle Online Now May 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I'm taking my mom kayaking/canoeing for the long weekend around Calgary, she is novice so I want to do a nice lake which won't be too crowded and maybe a small river run. Any suggestions?

1 Answer May 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    • Kananaskis or Jasper with kids - which one and what to do?

by AnnekeGlen Online Now Jun 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Hi,
      I will beflying in from Toronto to spend about 5 days with our young family - 2 kids aged 4 and 5 -- road trip between Calgary and Edmonton. We want a meaningful trip, not super rushed, family friendly but also since we might not be back in the area for a while, hit as many 'breathtaking' must-see spots as we can..also would be fun to 'do' some fun things with the kids and nature

Our tentative itinerary

Day 1 Calgary - stay w friends in Calgary
      Day 2 Drumheller - drive back to Calgary
      Day 3 Kananaskis - canoe with kids or rent raft? stay in Banff for the night
      Day 4 Early morning Peyto Lake, Gondola ride, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake - Banff for the night
      Day 5 Icefields Parkway - stop at Snocoach Athabaska glacier - Jasper for the night
      Day 6 Drive to Edmonton - stay w friends
      Day 7 Flight out of Edmonton in the early afternoon

Is this too rushed? Are we missing the big things, and focussing on others too much? What are the must sees in any of the spots we are planning to visit? I planned it this way so that we would spend time w friends unwinding at the start and end of the trip. However, now I'm wondering if I need more time in Kananaskis, Banff and Jasper and should cut out Drumheller?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

6 Answers Jun 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM