change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Kanagawa-ken Travel Answer Locations

• Tere Ceballos

Yokohama Apr 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM

how long will take to transfer from airport to Yokohama cruise terminal?

• jwpotter's Profile Photo

Which Pass

Hakone Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

We are stopping for one night in Hakone to do the loop on the cable cars, lake, etc. We have our JP rail pass and are staying in Hakone at the Fujiya Hotel. So, we arrive about noon, spend some time in Hakone, next day do the loop, and then go back to Tokyo using our JP pass. Which of the passes is best for us, the Hakone free pass or the Fuji/Hakone pass? I thought I knew, but all the comments now have me confused. I do believe I purchase it there at the train station, right?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • rohita67's Profile Photo

Is one day sufficient or should we spend a night in Hakone?

Hakone Feb 5, 2014 at 6:14 AM

I plan to travel in June and will be visiting Hakone area from Tokyo. I will buy the Hakone pass which is valid for 2 days as I believe there is no single day pass. How much time would it take to do the roundtrip of all the activities from Shinjuku station and return to the same station? As per the website the recommended route is Shinjuku-Tozan train-cable car-ropeway-cruise-bus-Tozan train-Shinjuku.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    • JR Pass and Fuji/Hakone Pass

Hakone Oct 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I would like to know whether it is worthwhile to buy Fuji/Hakone 3 days Pass from Shinjuku when I already bought a JR Pass. Or would it be more worthwhile buying the Hakone Free Pass?

I shall be in Tokyo on 25th Oct, planning to stay 1 night in Kawaguchiko, then another night in Hakone before heading back to Shinjuku.

Irene

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Transportation for people with mobility problems

Hakone Sep 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have restricted mobilityand walk very slowly and have difficulty walking long distance. Is it possible for me to use the public transport such as cable cras and trains etc. in Hakone or can i get a taxi, if so, what are their charges.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • Kamakura Enoshima Pass

Kamakura Jun 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Can you purchase this pass at Yokohama Station or do you have to get off at Ofuna Station?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • celem's Profile Photo

Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

Yokohama Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My wife and I are visiting Yokohama by cruise ship, arriving from China and docking at the Osanbashi pier in the late afternoon on Tuesday, April 30th and leaving the next day in the late afternoon. We would like to eat dinner Tuesday evening and lunch on Wednesday and would appreciate recommendations. We do not want a western meal - we are in Japan and want a Japanese meal. I realize that Osanbashi Terminal is close to Chinatown and that Yokohama's Chinatown is large but we will have been in China the previous week and would also like to avoid Chinese since we will have eaten many Chinese meals the previous week.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • Toria_'s Profile Photo

Food and Etiquette

Kanagawa-ken Jan 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am a Canadian tourist going to Japan (Yokohama region) during the summer for the very first time and I was wondering, what kind of food is common there and is there any certain etiquette that i should follow/know about while I am there? Thank you :)

4 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ideal spots for photography

Yokohama Aug 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I make somewhat of a living taking photos of scenery (no people) and selling at my local market back in Canada. The last time I was in the Yokohama area I went to Hasedera, Kamakura, Hakone, and Ofuna and took some awesome pics of the shrines and buddha statues, fall colors, etc. This time I am going to be at the Kanagawa Kenmin Hall in November (night concert) and have most of the day to browse some more ideal spots for photos (no people in them). If I've already done the sites mentioned, what other places can I go to to shoot some photos? I thought about Hakkeijima Aquarium but that might be a little far to go? I'm coming from Ueno. I'd like to feature fall colors and perhaps a night skyline before the concert if it's possible? Any other shrines with interesting buddhas or scenery?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    • HOTEL NEW YOKO

Yokosuka Dec 19, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi, I've booked Afew days at hotel New Yokosuka, but my trips been cancelled and was wondering if anyone knows if they give refunds!!!??
      I cant get through on the contacts provided on the website, as I am from AUS.
      Please let me know :)

6 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Hakone Freepass

Hakone Sep 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Am I the only sucker who fell for the 'Hakone Free Pass' and felt taken for a ride when my 3day 'free pass' ticket was swallowed by the exit machine at Sinjuku Station,, to my disbelief?? Coz I thot I had bought a 3day pass that would allow me to go back to Hakone tomorrow (the third day) since I had to go to the CA Embassy in Tokyo today!

The lady did protest to the station official, just to be told that the 2-3day passes are meant tof 2-3 day stays in Hakone! And only entitled me to go from Shinjuku to Odawara once! So, when I came back yesterday I've used that trip and my next 2days' 'free pass' went down the drain!

They even showed me an English translation to demonstrate they were right! But I was never told this by the Tourist Information lady at NRT! Anyone else fell for the same trick? Or was I the only fool? :(

12 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • Indian Restaurant Menon's Limited,Fujisawa

Fujisawa Mar 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Where is this restaurant is situated now? The address was at 1F Bell Plaza 3-12-33,Hongkugenuma,Fujisawa city,Kanagawa Pref,Japan251 about 10 yrs ago. The owner is Emi Nagata.Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2011 at 2:43 AM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

hakone free pass vs Fuji hakone pass

Hakone Jan 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi fellow VTs,

Have anyone used these 2 passes in Hakone before? What's the difference & which is better?

I would also be travelling from tokyo to hakone, & then to hamamatsu to visit my friend. So I will only need 1 way transportation from Tokyo to Hakone.

Does anyone know whether it will be worthwhile to buy the pass?

4 Answers Sep 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    • owenfinn's Profile Photo

Seeking info regarding site of old Tokugawa era execution ground in Yokohama

Yokohama Oct 19, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Does anyone have any information regarding the exact location of the old Tokogawa era execution ground in Yokohama? A very macabre question I know, but perhaps apropos for the Halloween season. In a book I was reading, "Young Japan: Yokohama and Yedo" by John R. Black, the author writes about witnessing an execution sometime in the 1860`s in the Tobe area of Yokohama. Also a journalist in Japan in 1880 wrote a story about the execution ground. You can see the story here:

query.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...

I have been living in Yokohama for 4 years and was quite surprised to hear about this rather bleak part of Yokohama`s past. I figure there must be some kind of memorial, shrine or, at least a sign marking the site - but, thus far, no luck at all in finding it.

Thanks.

James

1 Answer Jan 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • Dean&Vanessa's Profile Photo

More Odawara hotel help please

Odawara May 16, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Hi all again

A follow up on our previous question regarding the Hotel Orange.

We have also found the following hotels that are within our budget, but cant find their email addresses either. We dont really want to ring them as it will be to costly, so at least if we could get an email address it might be a start.

The hotels are:

a)Hotel Orange http://www.orange-build.com/
      b)Hotel Tozan hakone-tozan.co.jp/hotel/oda...
      c)Odawara Terminal Hotel http://www.minoya450.co.jp/t-hotel/

If anybody could supply email addresses for these it would be really appreciated as we are really struggling to find a hotel in Odawara.

Many thanks in advance

5 Answers May 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Orange Hotel email address

Odawara May 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Hello

We are really struggling to find any accomodation in Odawara. But we have found a place called the Orange Hotel near the JR station. As their reservation page is in Japanese it makes it pretty hard for us.
      Would anybody be able to find us a contact email address for this hotel.

Many Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Accomodation in Odawara

Odawara May 10, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Hi

We think we have decided to have a couple of nights in Odawara. But we are having a nightmare trying to find budget accomodation in Odawara. All the websites are in Japanese. Does anybody know of any budget accomodation near the Odawara JR Station or a good English Website that has Odawara accomodation.

We also have a similar question for Nikko.

Many Thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Can't decide which Royakan to stay?

Hakone Apr 29, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone stayed at any of these Ryokans before? I can't make up my mind between these two. This one japaneseguesthouses.com/db/h... seems to have a better access for doing Hakone circle.

This one http://www.hoeiso.jp/englishhyousi.html looks like a real traditional Japanese style but someone from tripadvisor said that the food is a bit sweet and the rooms are dated.

1 Answer Apr 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Hakone to Kyoto

Hakone Apr 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know the traveling time and how to get from Hakone to Kyoto? I will have a JR pass. Is it worth while getting a Hakone free pass when you already have a JR pass? Where can you buy a Hakone pass when staying in Shibuya or Ginza area?

Thank you

16 Answers May 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    • train from yokohama to yokosuka

Yokohama Mar 21, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Hello. I will be staying with my daughter-in law's parents in yokohama for 4 days this week. I want to be able to take the train into yokosuka, which I'm very familiar with. My japanese is very, very limited. I will be staying at Honmuracho Asahi-Ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa. My daughter in law tells me that I will need to take one train, close to her house, to the main station and from there to Yokosuka. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.........
      citymouse315@sprint.blackberry.com

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

From Yokohama to Kumagawa?

Yokohama Nov 19, 2009 at 3:38 PM

And now a real travel question: Is it possible to go from Yokohama to Fussa City in Kumagawa (or Haijima station) by public transportation. Or should I travel from Tokyo?

(I want to visit Ishikawa brewery)

2 Answers Nov 21, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Beer and language

Yokohama Nov 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM

One more from me: I will go to Tokyo and Yokohama early December. Besides looking around I will start doring a little research related to Japanese beer history. I will also have a meeting at the Kirin (beer company) factory in Yokohama. Then I should need some kind of language support, but I don't think I can afford a proffesional interpreter at this stage. Does anyone know volunteer interpretor services that could be used for such a purpose. ( I realize I maybe will have to do this more properly)

3 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Day trip, maybe overnight trip

Yokohama Oct 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I will go from Norway to Tokyo medio Decembre this year. The trip will include a visit to Kirin, the foreigners graveyard and Yokohama Archives of hitory. Maybe the Ramen Museum as well. I am interested in food and drink history and the early Yokohama history.

Are there other places I should consider to visit. Can I spend the evening in Yokohama and get back to Ueno rather late or should I try to get a place to stay in Yokohama. (I know one day in Y. is little, but will hopefully get back.)

3 Answers Oct 30, 2009 at 4:52 AM
    • tokyo Frii Kippu pass

Odawara Jul 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

hi. can I use the Tokyo Frii Kippu pass for my ride to odawara station. and pls. furnish me with the train schedule from odawara station to kyoto station. thanks

1 Answer Aug 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Yokohama to Matsumoto

Yokohama Apr 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM

My wife and I will attend a Kanagawa wedding in September. What is the easiest way to get to Matsumoto from Yokohama?

2 Answers Apr 24, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    • Bar

Yokosuka Apr 13, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Is there a bar or club in Yokosuka named "Carnival Princess?" If not, cud u locate for me what this place is in Kanagawa, Japan? I'll appreciate it.

• wereldreiziger's Profile Photo

Kamakura - Sights and Opening Hours during National Holidays

Kamakura Apr 5, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

My visit to Tokyo is planned during the national holiday period (staying from 2 - 6 May) and during that time I would love to visit Kamakura. There are no tours available during the holiday period and I was wondering if anyone knows if the sights (temples, shrines, etc) will be open during this period.

If so, I probably head over there myself and do some wondering around.

Hope that someone can help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Apr 5, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    • Directions from Shin Yokohama to Kamakura, Toyko ....

Yokohama Oct 28, 2008 at 8:52 AM

Hi all, never been to japan so would like to know in detail how to

(1) Visit Kamakura from Shin Yokohama area...i would like to see the great buddlha and see some temples, (walk-able?) between the kita kamakura and kamakura stations? Any idea it can be done in a day? How much is the train fees etc?

(2)Visit toyko Imperial palace and Asakusa Kannon Temple from Shin Yokohama? If i take the JR tokaido or Yokosuka Line, where should i stop? Or any better way?

(3) To Shibuya from Shin Yokohama...do i use JR tokaido or Yokosuka Line? Worth visiting?

hope someone can help..Thanks all in advance... :-)

4 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    • Disney Sea Ride

Yokohama May 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM

How can we go to disney sea by riding a train from sakuragicho station? We are planning to head on Saturday and we want to check the convenient and cheapest way in going to disney sea.

Please help us.

Thanks.

• ook9njaxfl77's Profile Photo

Kanagawa Ken(Yokuska Naval Base)

Kanagawa-ken Sep 12, 2007 at 7:04 PM

I was born here in 1977. I would love to come and visit my birth place. So i am hopeing there is someone there that can tell me about my birth place and how it looks today and how much it has changed since 1977. Can someone help me?