Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Flights to Japan from Kamchatka

Japan Nov 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hallo peeps,
      I am planning trip to Russia on the transibirian, catching train from Helsinki via St Pete's to Moscow to Vladivostok, than I found flight from Vladivostock to Petropavlosk-Kamchatskiy and exploring Kamchatka for couple of weeks. From there we want to fly to Japan, Sapporo preferably and after spending week there, fly home.
      My plan looks good on paper but now I have a problem, it seems Aeroflot do not fly from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy to Japan.
      And anybody of you lovely peeps give me idea how I can get to Japan from Kamčatka ( plane, boat) without going back to Vladivostok or anywhere else?
      Many thanks!

P.S same question is posted on Russia forum too

• EffaEfufu's Profile Photo

Disneysea/land tickets

Tokyo Nov 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Can someone pls reccomend me websites or travel agents where I can purchase Disneyland/sea tickets at discounted price?
      Thank you

Pre book tickets for Shinkansen to osaka

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

can I prebooked my tickets to Osaka on the Shinkansen? If so, how do I go about doing it?

• Public transport

Himeji Nov 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Does the bus from Kansai airport in Osaka to Himeji city stop directly outside the station?

• faffy's Profile Photo

where is the best place to stay for a week in tokyo

Tokyo Nov 18, 2015 at 3:43 AM

hi. I am travelling with my husband on January 1. I am just wondering what place to stay in Tokyo. a place near in shopping areas, accessible to train stations, restaurants and interesting places. also, what clothes do we need to bring. many thanks in advance.

• Transfer from Naha Airport (Okinawa) to Hotel

Okinawa Nov 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Hi, what is the best way to get from Naha Airport, Okinawa, to Moon Ocean Ginowan Hotel ((aside from the Monorail & Airport Limousine bus)).

I'm looking for an option or booking/purchasing a private car transfer online. Which Okinawa transport companies would be reliable ? Arrival in Okinawa is tomorrow.

• 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

Luggage lockers in Gion Shijyo Station

Kyoto Nov 9, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Does anyone know if there is a luggage locker in Gion Shijyo Station where we can leave our luggage while we tour Kyoto?

• UK passport holder visa

Osaka Nov 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Does anybody have any experience with applying for extended period of stay if I am to stay in Japan for more than 90 days? Is it okay that my return ticket has a date on that is over 90 days from my out ticket?

• Lindakrisch's Profile Photo

Stores in Matsuyama

Matsuyama Nov 23, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Are there stores where they acceptnAmerican gift cards?

• My Myanmar trip in December

Tokyo Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I'm planning to trip Myanmar this December(from 19th-24th night).

My flight will get there to Yangon at 17:15 Dec 19th and leave Yangon at 22:10 Dec 24 to Tokyo and arriving early in the morning of 25th.

So it's pretty short stay, i'm not planning to stay Yangon much,but love to visit Bagan for sure. However, I want to visit Inle lake as well.

My concern on this trip is..
      1)I would love to relax and see historical cites as well as natures.

2)My current plan as below:

12/19--->17:15 arrive to Yangon. stay one night in Yangon

12/20--->leave for Bagan by airplane.

12/21--->stay Bagan

12/22--->leave for Inle lake by air plane

12/23--->stay in Inle lake

12/24--->stay in Inle lake and leave Inle lake afternoon for Yangon to catch my flight to Tokyo of 22:10.

12/25--->arrive tokyo early in the morning

3)my plan above is tight for the last day?

4)which do you recommend to stay longer, Bagan or Inle lake?
      Or if you have any advice on my travel plan above, pls let me know.

5)Im travelling myself,but at the same time I would love to make friends during my travel.
      Hotel can have arrangements for tourist?

6)Is it better to stay at hotel?(I want my own room,bathroom,but in the meantime, would love to make friends as well:))

Thanks for reading my long question!
      I appreciate your kind help:)

Japanese Selvedge denim

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Can someone suggest places that I can purchase affordable Japanese selvedge denims or any vintage/2nd hand store where I can get really cool stuffs?
      What are the popular brand names of these selvedge denims?

Thank you!

3days in Osaka. What should I do?

Osaka Nov 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Il be droppingby Osaka for 3days and will be going USS to spend a whole
      Day at.
      What' are the other nice places to checkout?
      And where can I find great affordable selvedge denim in Osaka?
      Il be staying at grand gravia

Narita airport to shibuya

Tokyo Nov 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello vters!
      Need some advise on various options of shuttle buses from Narita airport to Shibuya ( Ceruleun tokyu hotel) .
      Which bus services should I take?

Tokyo trip for 7days

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I needed some tips for my Virgin Tokyo trip end of the month.
      1) should I get a nex , suica or pormo card for my travels in Tokyo or it would be better savings for me to get the JR pass since il be using it for my 3days trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen ?
      2) will I be able to use the JR pass for the public transportation in Tokyo such as the metro n buses?
      3) or would it best for me to just purchase a single return trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen?
      4) is it advisable to take an airport bus or express to my hotel (CERELEUN TOKYU HOTEL)?
      5)any tour websites that I can buy Disney sea/land at a much affordable rate?

• Tour of Hakone despite volcanic activity reported

Hakone Oct 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Since there was a volcanic activity detected sometime in May of this year in the Hakone area, I would like to ask if it is safe to take a two-day tour of the Hakone area, which includes the Hakone Ropeway, Lake Ashi tour, and an overnight stay in a hotel resort with hot spring on November 28, 2015. There was an available tour that we can avail of but I am hesitant to book for that tour because of the warning message to tourists that I read recently.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 6:22 PM
    • inexpensive (cheap) shopping

Yokohama Sep 19, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Can anyone tell me where can I find inexpensive clothes and shoes in Yoko?

2 Answers Sep 19, 2015 at 7:40 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Hakone Yumoto to Miyanoshita

Hakone May 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM

On my final day in Hakone I plan to c/out from my ryokan (Hoeiso) and travel from Hakone Yumoto to lunch at Iroriya which is near Sokokura. I read that I should take the "Hakone-machi line" bus from Hakone Yumoto Station (Bus H), to "Sokokura". Then walk for 5 minutes. Map of bus stop only shows "Kami-Sokokura" though..
      Is it the same stop?
      Iroriya: Local name いろり家. Local address 〒250-0404宮ノ下296

This bus from Hakone Yumoto passes Miyanoshita Station. Would it be faster to grab the train from Hakone-Yumoto Station to Miyanoshita Station then the bus rather than sit on the bus all the way from Hakone-Yumoto Station?

Tq, Mel

Hakone Tozan Bus "K" from Moto Hakone-ko to Kuzuhara

Hakone May 27, 2015 at 5:20 AM

I will be doing the Hakone Loop from Gora to Owakidani, Lake Ashi, Motohakone then to Hoeiso Ryokan near Hakone Yumoto. This will be on the 30th of October (Friday). I read that the Hakone Tozan Bus "K" passes the ryokan (Bus stop - Kuzuhara) on its way from Moto Hakone-ko to Hakone Yumoto.

1. Would anyone be able to provide the time-table for Line "K" from Moto Hakone'ko to Kuzuhara please?
      2. Would you know how long will this journey between Moto Hakone-ko to Kuzuhara takes?

I read that there is an express bus Line "R" which even though doesnt't pass Kuzuhara on its way to Hakone Yomoto, but being express, will be fast. However, this only operates on weekends and holidays?

Tq, Mel

2 Answers May 29, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Odawara Castle

Odawara May 4, 2015 at 3:06 AM

I'll be visiting Odawara Castle on Oct 31 (Saturday) on my way from Hakone Yumoto to Shinjuku. I need some clarification please..

1. I know that the castle closes at 5pm. Is this just for the entrance into the castle building or the ground as well? I would like to hang around the castle ground until twilight for an opportunity to take photo of the castle during the 'blue' hour. Wondering if the ground remains opened after 5pm?

2. What time is twilight at the end of October?

3. I plan to ride the Odakyu Romancecar back to Shinjuku. Can I purchase the Romancecar from Hakone Yumoto to Shinjuku but break the journey and jump off for a few hours at Odawara? Or I need to go from Hakone Yumoto by Hakone Tozan Railway to Odawara and board the Romancecar from Odawara to Shinjuku?

4. Any recommendation for dinner option near the Odawara Station?

Tq! Mel

1 Answer May 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM
    • Night bus travel from Hakone to Tokyo

Hakone Apr 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM

hi there, I need some guidance on getting a night bus from Hakone to Tokyo. Any website for further reference?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 10:26 AM
    • Where to stay in Hakone?

Hakone Apr 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hi i will be travelling from Tokyo to Fukui with some friends in November and would be staying overnight in Hakone. Would love to experience the ryokan/onsen with a private option if available. Any recommendations ? Somewhere easy to get to and easy to get back to the train station to continue our journey

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 4:44 AM
    • Hakone Free Pass... to buy or not to buy

Hakone Apr 13, 2015 at 10:51 PM

I am coming to Hakone in an all inclusive bus tour from Tokyo with my family of 4. After that I will be staying at the Gora Onsen Karakara for two nights. Do I still need to purchase a Hakone Free Pass?

1 Answer Apr 14, 2015 at 12:00 AM
    • What to do in Odwara?

Odawara Feb 23, 2015 at 8:11 PM

What's the most interesting thing to do in Odawara if you only have a few hours?

5 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Stay in Hakone Yumoto or Gora area?

Hakone Jul 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I will be visiting Hakone 2 days 1 night in October this year and would like to stay in a ryokan. Just wondering which area is better to stay at?

I have also identified a few ryokan I would probably book:

Hakone Yumoto:
      Ryokan Fukuzumiro

Fujimien Hotel
      Ashinoko Ichinoyu Hotel
      Hatago Ichinoyu Hotel
      Gora Ichinoyu Hotel

Appreciate any advice! Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • Best way to vist Mt. Fuji

Kawasaki Jul 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM

I'm staying in Kawasaki. I'd like to visit and climb Mt. Fuji. What's the best way to travel and join a hiking group?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    • Tere Ceballos

Yokohama Apr 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM

how long will take to transfer from airport to Yokohama cruise terminal?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • jwpotter's Profile Photo

Which Pass

Hakone Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

We are stopping for one night in Hakone to do the loop on the cable cars, lake, etc. We have our JP rail pass and are staying in Hakone at the Fujiya Hotel. So, we arrive about noon, spend some time in Hakone, next day do the loop, and then go back to Tokyo using our JP pass. Which of the passes is best for us, the Hakone free pass or the Fuji/Hakone pass? I thought I knew, but all the comments now have me confused. I do believe I purchase it there at the train station, right?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • rohita67's Profile Photo

Is one day sufficient or should we spend a night in Hakone?

Hakone Feb 5, 2014 at 6:14 AM

I plan to travel in June and will be visiting Hakone area from Tokyo. I will buy the Hakone pass which is valid for 2 days as I believe there is no single day pass. How much time would it take to do the roundtrip of all the activities from Shinjuku station and return to the same station? As per the website the recommended route is Shinjuku-Tozan train-cable car-ropeway-cruise-bus-Tozan train-Shinjuku.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    • JR Pass and Fuji/Hakone Pass

Hakone Oct 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I would like to know whether it is worthwhile to buy Fuji/Hakone 3 days Pass from Shinjuku when I already bought a JR Pass. Or would it be more worthwhile buying the Hakone Free Pass?

I shall be in Tokyo on 25th Oct, planning to stay 1 night in Kawaguchiko, then another night in Hakone before heading back to Shinjuku.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Transportation for people with mobility problems

Hakone Sep 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have restricted mobilityand walk very slowly and have difficulty walking long distance. Is it possible for me to use the public transport such as cable cras and trains etc. in Hakone or can i get a taxi, if so, what are their charges.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • Kamakura Enoshima Pass

Kamakura Jun 9, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Can you purchase this pass at Yokohama Station or do you have to get off at Ofuna Station?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • celem's Profile Photo

Dinner and Lunch Recommendations

Yokohama Mar 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My wife and I are visiting Yokohama by cruise ship, arriving from China and docking at the Osanbashi pier in the late afternoon on Tuesday, April 30th and leaving the next day in the late afternoon. We would like to eat dinner Tuesday evening and lunch on Wednesday and would appreciate recommendations. We do not want a western meal - we are in Japan and want a Japanese meal. I realize that Osanbashi Terminal is close to Chinatown and that Yokohama's Chinatown is large but we will have been in China the previous week and would also like to avoid Chinese since we will have eaten many Chinese meals the previous week.

2 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • Toria_'s Profile Photo

Food and Etiquette

Kanagawa-ken Jan 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am a Canadian tourist going to Japan (Yokohama region) during the summer for the very first time and I was wondering, what kind of food is common there and is there any certain etiquette that i should follow/know about while I am there? Thank you :)

4 Answers Jan 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Ideal spots for photography

Yokohama Aug 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I make somewhat of a living taking photos of scenery (no people) and selling at my local market back in Canada. The last time I was in the Yokohama area I went to Hasedera, Kamakura, Hakone, and Ofuna and took some awesome pics of the shrines and buddha statues, fall colors, etc. This time I am going to be at the Kanagawa Kenmin Hall in November (night concert) and have most of the day to browse some more ideal spots for photos (no people in them). If I've already done the sites mentioned, what other places can I go to to shoot some photos? I thought about Hakkeijima Aquarium but that might be a little far to go? I'm coming from Ueno. I'd like to feature fall colors and perhaps a night skyline before the concert if it's possible? Any other shrines with interesting buddhas or scenery?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Yokosuka Dec 19, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi, I've booked Afew days at hotel New Yokosuka, but my trips been cancelled and was wondering if anyone knows if they give refunds!!!??
      I cant get through on the contacts provided on the website, as I am from AUS.
      Please let me know :)

6 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Hakone Freepass

Hakone Sep 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Am I the only sucker who fell for the 'Hakone Free Pass' and felt taken for a ride when my 3day 'free pass' ticket was swallowed by the exit machine at Sinjuku Station,, to my disbelief?? Coz I thot I had bought a 3day pass that would allow me to go back to Hakone tomorrow (the third day) since I had to go to the CA Embassy in Tokyo today!

The lady did protest to the station official, just to be told that the 2-3day passes are meant tof 2-3 day stays in Hakone! And only entitled me to go from Shinjuku to Odawara once! So, when I came back yesterday I've used that trip and my next 2days' 'free pass' went down the drain!

They even showed me an English translation to demonstrate they were right! But I was never told this by the Tourist Information lady at NRT! Anyone else fell for the same trick? Or was I the only fool? :(

12 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • Indian Restaurant Menon's Limited,Fujisawa

Fujisawa Mar 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Where is this restaurant is situated now? The address was at 1F Bell Plaza 3-12-33,Hongkugenuma,Fujisawa city,Kanagawa Pref,Japan251 about 10 yrs ago. The owner is Emi Nagata.Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2011 at 2:43 AM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

hakone free pass vs Fuji hakone pass

Hakone Jan 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi fellow VTs,

Have anyone used these 2 passes in Hakone before? What's the difference & which is better?

I would also be travelling from tokyo to hakone, & then to hamamatsu to visit my friend. So I will only need 1 way transportation from Tokyo to Hakone.

Does anyone know whether it will be worthwhile to buy the pass?

4 Answers Sep 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    • owenfinn's Profile Photo

Seeking info regarding site of old Tokugawa era execution ground in Yokohama

Yokohama Oct 19, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Does anyone have any information regarding the exact location of the old Tokogawa era execution ground in Yokohama? A very macabre question I know, but perhaps apropos for the Halloween season. In a book I was reading, "Young Japan: Yokohama and Yedo" by John R. Black, the author writes about witnessing an execution sometime in the 1860`s in the Tobe area of Yokohama. Also a journalist in Japan in 1880 wrote a story about the execution ground. You can see the story here:

I have been living in Yokohama for 4 years and was quite surprised to hear about this rather bleak part of Yokohama`s past. I figure there must be some kind of memorial, shrine or, at least a sign marking the site - but, thus far, no luck at all in finding it.

1 Answer Jan 5, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • Dean&Vanessa's Profile Photo

More Odawara hotel help please

Odawara May 16, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Hi all again

A follow up on our previous question regarding the Hotel Orange.

We have also found the following hotels that are within our budget, but cant find their email addresses either. We dont really want to ring them as it will be to costly, so at least if we could get an email address it might be a start.

The hotels are:

a)Hotel Orange
      b)Hotel Tozan
      c)Odawara Terminal Hotel

If anybody could supply email addresses for these it would be really appreciated as we are really struggling to find a hotel in Odawara.

Many thanks in advance

5 Answers May 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Orange Hotel email address

Odawara May 13, 2010 at 2:23 PM

We are really struggling to find any accomodation in Odawara. But we have found a place called the Orange Hotel near the JR station. As their reservation page is in Japanese it makes it pretty hard for us.
      Would anybody be able to find us a contact email address for this hotel.

Many Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Accomodation in Odawara

Odawara May 10, 2010 at 3:12 AM

We think we have decided to have a couple of nights in Odawara. But we are having a nightmare trying to find budget accomodation in Odawara. All the websites are in Japanese. Does anybody know of any budget accomodation near the Odawara JR Station or a good English Website that has Odawara accomodation.

We also have a similar question for Nikko.

Many Thanks

1 Answer May 10, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Can't decide which Royakan to stay?

Hakone Apr 29, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I was wondering if anyone stayed at any of these Ryokans before? I can't make up my mind between these two. This one seems to have a better access for doing Hakone circle.

This one looks like a real traditional Japanese style but someone from tripadvisor said that the food is a bit sweet and the rooms are dated.

1 Answer Apr 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    • panda.s's Profile Photo

Hakone to Kyoto

Hakone Apr 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Does anyone know the traveling time and how to get from Hakone to Kyoto? I will have a JR pass. Is it worth while getting a Hakone free pass when you already have a JR pass? Where can you buy a Hakone pass when staying in Shibuya or Ginza area?

Thank you

16 Answers May 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM