Kampong Saigon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nice dinner place to celebrate anniversary

Singapore Jan 9, 2016 at 8:44 AM

I'm looking for a special place to have dinner on a Sunday with my wife. I want it to be a great experience. I'am traveling to Singapore in the last weekend of February. I saw that kant restaurants are closed on Sunday so any suggesties are appreciated. Thnx Daniel.

more
    • Need help with Planning Where to Eat Based on Our Itinerary

Singapore Feb 3, 2016 at 6:24 AM

Hello!

We'll be visiting Singapore for the first time next week (4 days), and we're currently trying to figure out three things:

- average amount we need to allot for food per meal - average amount we need to allot for transportation - efficient / convenient routes to take to cover as many places as possible in one go

For now, we are thinking of going to the following areas:

Esplanade Gardens by the Bay ArtScience Museum National Museum Supertree Grove / OCBC Skyway Little India Chinatown Tiong Bahru Orchard Road Art Trail Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (low priority) Botanic Garden (low priority)

For the food, we were hoping to try different places for every meal namely:

- fast food chain (preferably local or anything Asian) - convenience stores (preferably local or any other convenience store offering local staples) - hawker stores - cafe (preferably offering local bread / drinks) - other types of restaurants that you could suggest, if there are any

Based on the lists above, can you please suggest good places to eat near the places we will be going to?

We will be staying somewhere in Little India and we read that there are a lot of places where we can eat there, but we can't figure out which specific ones among all the options available we should head to. Deciding on the spot wouldn't be much of an issue, but we're hoping to factor in the budget as early as now (hopefully between 7-10 SGD per meal (lower if possible, but for places on the mid-range or higher end, above that is fine).

Also, how much would you suggest we allot for transportation expenses? We have been advised to pay for an EZ Link card and top it up with 35 SGD. Would it be enough to cover all or majority of the places on our list? If not, how much more do you suggest we top it up with or which place do you think we could scratch off our list or move to low priority based on logistics or value for money?

Tips and miscellaneous advice will be much appreciated.

more
    • Public transport for 7:15am flight (friday, T3)

Singapore Jan 17, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Hello,

After a backpacking holiday through Malaysia I'll depart Singapore on a Friday morning 7:15am by plane from Terminal 3 (Oman Air). I'll be staying for 3 nights only in Singapore so a Taxi for departure would mean considerable cost per day.

Is it safe to take public transport at this time of the day (most busses/tram starts around 5-something)?

The most convenient locations both for departure and logistics in general are are Chinatown and Little India, right?

Thanks!

Marcus

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Help, leaving soon and no idea what to see!

Singapore Jan 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM

Between work and two other trips I ignored my trip to Asia later this month and now I need some help so please take pity on me! :-)

We're arriving very late at night (actually early in the morning Tuesday) on a Monday and then will be taking a cruise through Malaysia. I imagine we will have a few hours on Tuesday and then most of a full day when we return on the following Saturday, flying home early Sunday morning. We are staying in Marina Bay the 1st night and at the Carlton City Hotel on the way back, both non cancellable so I can't move the hotels.

So what I need help with is:

1) transport, I assume taxis will be necessary because of the flight times on both sides of the trip, is there anything unusual about them?

2) are there ATMs at the airport, I assume I will need cash to get to the hotel.

3) what to do with my 1 1/2 days in Singapore? It looks like the current weather is extremely hot and humid with chances of showers

4) dress restrictions, ie no shorts? I'm seeing things saying that shorts are OK as long as you don't go into religious sites in them

5) getting from the hotel to the cruise port and back, is the public transport or do we need to take a taxi? We are trying to travel light, 1 small suitcase per person

Hopefully I'll have a little of time to do some research before I go but I'd appreciate any help!!!

more