We would like to spend some time in KK (5 days) and would like to do some day trips away from KK. This is my ideas:
- we dont want to join any group tours
- we would like to rent a car (we are 4 persons), but cant drive (left side driving), so driver (guide drive is essential)
Places to be visited (my suggestions):
- some nice rural rice paddies (I dont expect rice terraces)
- Monsopiad Cultural Village
- Kinarut megalith statue (there should be more of them around) - I dont know possition
- Beaufort to Tenom railway (and back, I assume car cant get through and should go around)
- Rafflesia Forest Reserve Centre - worth to visit it?
- Mahua waterfalls - worth to visit it?
- Mengkabong and/or Panimbawan villages
- Kudat penninsula (Rungus Longhouses, gong village, tip of Borneo) - is it safe area?
We dont want to climb Mt. Kinabalu. Before Sabah we spent 10 days in Sarawak doing Rajang river cruise, Bako Ntl. park and Niah Ntl. Park so we would omit further jungle treks in Sabah.
It is possible to stay overnight somewhere on the way, we are OK with very simple comfort (we dont expect hot water shower in a village).
How does it sound? Any recommendation (nice valleys, photogenic scenes ...)?
Thanks a lot!
Hi, I'm planning to visit Sipadan and several other islands around it this December for three or four days, but the accommodation in these islands are out of my budget. Is it alright to stay in Semporna, take a boat ride to and back from those islands throughout my stay? Or do you have any other suggestions? My budget is around RM150-RM300 per night.
I have actually plan for my family trip in KK with a group of 10 people, half of them aged above 50 and half of them are my cousins.
We are going to stay at Marina Court (heard this would be the best option to accomodate big group with the apartment), and we plan to rent a van that can fit 10 of us, be if with driver or my uncle can take the ride.
Please see if my itinerary works with the consideration of timing and the for the eldery. They are 1st time in KK (except me)
- Arrive in the evening 5pm
- Plan to get the van and rent for my entire travelling day (until Day 4 12pm)
Q: worth it? or other best alternatives?
- Dinner at Gaya street/ Damai Plaza/ places nearby
- Rumah Terbalik
- Mount Kinabalu Park
- Poring Hot Spring
- Desa Dairy Farm - Kundasang
Q: Feasible to do so, is that too rush? and worth for travel that far again the next day?
- Kudat_Rungus Longhouse
Q: How far is this from town?
- Sepilok Orang Utan/ Zoo?
- Seafood dinner @ Gayang
Q: is that along the way for Day 3? Or shd it be at Day 2 instead?
- Philipino Market in the morning?
- Check out at 10am
Question: the elderly are looking for frozen kind of sea/ seafood product (fish, dried scallop etc) , any place recommended for that with reasonable price?
i will be flying into KK in may for 12 days (Solo) and wondering if i should base myself there for the duration and do day trips around or break it up between other destinations. I want to do a combination of beach, relax, trek and wildlife and adventure. any suggestions would be much appreciated. i was thinking of staying in hostels so i could meet people and perhaps join up on some activities.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|