Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• phumecarol's Profile Photo

brazilian, malaysian hair

Thailand May 27, 2015 at 4:12 AM

hi everyone
      I am travelling to Phuket tomorrow, does anyone know where I can get weave ie Brazilian hair or Malaysian in Phuket? I will not be travelling to Bangkok unfortunately.
      your assistance will be highly appreciated

more
    • Elephant trekking on Phuket?

Phuket May 23, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Hi guys. Is "Phuket Elephant Trails" a good choice to do Elephant trekking on Phuket?

more
    • Phuket to Phang Nga to Railay

Krabi May 20, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Im in Phuket, I need to night stay at Phang Nga, have a photo shoot at James Bond Beach and then move to Railay. I just have 2 days to do that all. Please suggest about the transportation and Hotels.

more
    • chumphon at $am

Chumphon May 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM

Hi we want to take the night train from Bangkok to Chumphon and then the early ferry to Koh Tao. The train arrives in Chumphon at 4am and ferry oly leaves at 7 am. what can one do in the mean time, are there still restaurants/bars open and which are recommendable?

more
    • taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin

Hua Hin May 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM

hi would like to know how much taxi fare to go swiss sheep farm+santorini park + plearn wan from hua hin.

more
    • Planning a trip to Phuket

Phuket Yesterday

Does anyone own a house they like to rent for a couple of weeks in Phuket? I am planning to visit between July 17th to August 10, 2015. Looking for a villa for husband and wife and two kids ages 12 and 14 years old. Prefer close to Patong by car 10-15 mins is doable. Anyone can recommend a car with a driver for the time period. Let me know. Regards/Happy

more
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

How to get to Samui from Phuket in One Piece

Ko Samui May 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hello fellow VTers and thank you so much to Samui forum contributors davidjo, ossiecass, jamiesamui, erwinkoo, pfsmalo, popi (greekcypriot) whose answers to FAQs in the forum have been very helpful as I plan this holiday to South Thailand.

I booked a night's bed at Phuket Airport Residence early June. I notice the Airport Shuttle Bus to HKT town starts at 9AM while the Lomprayah Bus to Surat Thani (with connection to Samui on its fast boat) leaves their Phuket town office at 10am.

The best advise i gathered is to just head for Phuket Bus Terminal to have flexibility in travel arrangements.

The last ferry boat to Samui leaves 6-7pm, from what I have gathered in the forum.

Lomprayah quotes THB 1,300 for the HKT-SAMUI transfer, which I believe is not too bad. If HKT town is worth visiting, maybe I should be staying one night at least before heading for Samui? I manage 11 days.

Or maybe I should take advantage of the free bicycles at the Phuket Airport Residence to visit the town and find Lomprayah by bike to book my ticket for the transfer to Samui?

Any travel tips from those who have been there?

Really appreciate VT's service and hope to find friends in this forum too.
      I will pay forward the travel tips I get by writing about this experience and contribute
      my two cents worth of tips after my travel.

Mart (ulm168)

more
    • Ferry & Speed boats

Phuket May 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is the sea in the month of July? Is operation of ferry and speed boats remain normal or completely stopped?

more
    • Car Hire or Taxi Service in Loei.

Loei May 19, 2015 at 3:37 AM

I am planning to fly into Loei at the end of June and I am wondering if there is a car hire or taxi service in Loei?
      I am travelling 50km north east of Loei on the road to Pak Chom to a village called Chom Charoen.

more
    • How much time do I need in Suvarnabhumi for a domestic flight transition?

Bangkok Yesterday

Hello Friends,
      I'm planning to fly from Koh Samui to Chiang Mai with Bangkok Airways. There will be one stop in BKK. Then, I'll continue with the same company to Chiang Mai. How much time do I need to have in BKK for transition to catch the flight to Chiang Mai? And does the company transfer my luggage to the second flight or shoul I take & transfer it?
      Thanks

more
    • Is chatuchak market open everyday ?

Bangkok May 5, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I wanted to know if chatuchak is open all the days (Mon-Sun) . As I'm reaching Bangkok on this Monday and I don't wanna miss that market . Thanks

more
    • Why is this located in ''things to do

Pattaya May 19, 2015 at 4:49 AM

The Colonial Apartments, Pattaya
      1 Reviews

273/98 Moo 10, Soi 17 Pattaya, Chonburi 20260

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

going to Khao Yai

Thailand May 6, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I kindly want to confirm the following:

I heard it's possible to get to Khao Yai from Bangkok by taking a van departing from Victory monument. Is it also possible to head back to Bkk from Khao Yai? Or do I have to get first to Pak Chong from KY and then from there a bus all the way to Bangkok? Thanks

more
    • Krabi monsoon season

Krabi May 4, 2015 at 3:39 AM

I will be travelling to Krabi in the early June. Will it be a good idea? Because I heard the monsoon season period is from may-Dec!

more
    • sunbed prices

Hua Hin May 3, 2015 at 6:14 AM

What are average sunbed prices on the Hua Hin beach during high season (december)? I don't like to pay 2 or 3 times more than usual (I had bad experience in Vietnam). Thank you for your advice!

more
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

Phuket to Samui

Phuket May 23, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Got 10 days in South Thailand. Booked a flight to Phuket for 2nd week of June. Any suggestions where
      I should spend my time ? Thought of visiting Samui. Was told Phuket is not nice and Samui is better. May have to spend the night in Phuket before taking a bus then a boat to Samui. Any good advice? Many thanks!

more
    • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Second hand record stores in Bangkok

Bangkok May 5, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Can anybody confirm there still are second hand record stores in operation at Charoen Krung Soi 9 and Soi 11
      (for what I see these are smaller shopping streets perpendicular to the Charoen Krung Road).

Thanks in advance,

PJ

more
    • fenoman's Profile Photo

Thailand Holiday

Krabi May 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM

i am a european single man who 50 years old "solo" Traveller to Thailand ; i like Thailand
      but i am non interested with any Asian ladies at all ; i would like to have nice holiday in thailand under palm trees and
      i wish to meet some middle age "Western ladies" in thailand for friendship;relationship;entertainment etc. ( they might German; swiss;austrian nation )
      where better to stay for me in thailand do you think ?
      phuket?
      samui ?
      krabi ?
      koh lanta?
      where most German speaking ladies visiting in Thailand?

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

Thailand Visit

Thailand 12 hours ago

Dear All,

Greetings to you all!

I have confirmed today my visit to Thailand from 24th July, 2015 to 31st July, 2015 along with my wife and 2 kids (daughter is of 10 years and son is of 5 years). My flight will reach Bangkok at 15:30 on 24th July, 2015. During this tour in Thailand, I want to stay in Phuket and Bangkok.

I want to stay night on 24th July in Bangkok fearing the plane schedule timing problem (if any problem comes with delay flight or else). On 25th July morning / at noon i want to go to Phuket by air and stayed there till 26th July. On 27th July morning I want to come back to Bangkok and stayed there till 31st July. I will start for home by air at 4 PM on 31st July. I want to buy online return ticket for Bangkok to Phuket (and Phuket to Bangkok) now.

This will be my first visit to Thailand. Would anyone please help me to finalize my schedule of Thailand tour.

1. Is my above tour plan okay?

2. What is the expected air fare of budget flight from Bangkok to Phuket and Phuket to Bangkok?

3. Please let me know the name of the budget flight of the above route? Preferably plz. mention their website addresses from where i can buy online ticket.

4. Please let me know few good 4 star / 3 star hotel names in both Phuket and Bangkok respectively. My budget for hotel accommodation per night around USD 60 to 70 in both the places. I want to buy the hotel accommodation now online.

5. Plz. let me know the good tourist attractions in both Phuket and Bangkok.

6. Plz. let me know if you have any other good suggestion pertaining to my upcoming Thailand tour.

Thanking you.

Shariful Alam

more
    • ferlyferl's Profile Photo

Any airport shuttles service in hatyai?

Hat Yai Apr 30, 2015 at 8:48 PM

HI,i'm travelling to hatyai on 4th dec -7th dec 2015. I wanted to know if anyone here can recommend me a reliable airport shuttles service in hatyai?i need a car which can carry 2 luggages and 2 human :P .i was thinking taking a tuk tuk but it's looks not so convenience with 2 big luggages. The hotel distance from the airport is 11.3km. If anyone hv a suggestion about airport shuttles service in hatyai please do leave a comment with contact details (i'd appreciate if i can contact them via email). Thank you very very much 3

more
    • Shopping in Bangkok and Pattaya

Thailand May 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I am travelling Bangkok / Pattaya from India:
      Which is best place for shopping in Bangkok/ Pattaya ?
      What all I can shop there at a reasonable price ?
      What will be the temperature in Mid June / Whether any rains expected ?

more
    • thailand jan-feb2016

Thailand May 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi guys
      First timers to thailand here. We are hoping to travel to a few places over our month in thailand including bangkok chiang mai phuket krabi phi phi and a couple of the smaller islands. We are not wanting to be fixed on dates for places. Will it be difficult to find accommodation? We are not overly fussy - just wanting our own bathroom. Will it be possible to just turn up in places and find a room for a couple of nights? Or is booking advisable? Thanks in advance for any help

more
    • 6 days between 16th June to 21st June 2015

Thailand May 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hi Travel lovers,

I am travelling Solo to Thailand between 16th June to 21st June 2015. I am on a tight budget and would like to know what are the best places to visit, economical accommodation mainly hostels, local transport options, and vegetarian food places to try.

Some pointers - I want to explore the country through ship, train and by road.
      I am on a tight budget and hence Hostel accommodations/ couch surfing is preferred.
      Suggest some really authentic places. Not the common tourist attractions.

Thanks! :)

more
    • oxta's Profile Photo

Best Transport from Don Mueang - Chatuchak Market-Khaosan road

Bangkok May 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi, everyone. I will arrive at Don Mueang on Tues about 11.00 am Bangkok time.
      After that I want to go to Chatuchak Weekend Market.
      What's the best transport (the most efficient for time and price) to go there?
      Also, after that I will go to Khaosan Road, a place where I'll stay.
      Please advise me transportation for Don Mueang-Chatuchak-Khaosan.
      Many thanks!

more
    • Getting around and making hotel reservations in Thailand next month? Weather?

Thailand May 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM

We'll be arriving in Thailand on June 17th (about a month from now) and spending several days in Bangkok with a full three weeks in the country. We have a hotel in Bangkok, but beyond that, we don't yet have any travel or hotel reservations. I've been busy, but also hesitating to make exact plans because of weather. We'd like to go north to Chang Mai area for about a week, and then south to islands, Andaman coast and gulf coast for about a week. Is it best to travel by air, and if so, do I need to make domestic flight reservations in advance? Any recommendations on airlines to use? What about buses and trains? June -July are low seasons? Do I need to make hotel reservations in advance to get nice places at this time of year? Any recommendations regarding where to go to avoid all-day rainstorms and have some fun in the sun? Thanks.

more
    • How can I get from Bangkok to Kamphaeng Phet by bus or train?

by cgatt Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM

I would like to have some information from where I can catch a bus or train (also with some reviews on transportation) to travel from Bangkok station to Kamphaeng Phet (about 5hrs away from Bangkok 347km) please.

If you can send me websites or contacts info, it would be highly appreciated.

kindly reply to virtualtourist. thanks

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • Taxi , Kamphaeng Phet

by Sandymathie Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Anyone got a phone number for a taxi in Kamphaeng Phet

1 Answer Jun 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    • marcpattaya's Profile Photo

Kamphaeng Phet

by marcpattaya Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I'm going to make a volunteeing in Kamphaeng Phet province.

I have some questions about this area.

what is songtraew?

it have motorciclye taxi or tuk tuk in Kamphaeng Phet?

it have some language school in Kamphaeng Phet province?

any suggestions, any prominent position?

thanks

1 Answer Jun 8, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    • sclub's Profile Photo

Anything to do?

by sclub Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Temples aside is there really anything to do in this town. i was due to stay there for 4 days but left after just 23 hours!! I am thinking about retiring in a nice little thai town where maybe i could learn more about thai tradition and speak their language, but the town seems so dead.
      i have some land there so i will perservere, but need to know about any ex-pats living in that area.
      Kev

1 Answer Aug 6, 2006 at 7:39 PM