Travel Answers
Kampala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cinema Theatre in Mbarara - Is it still Running ?

Mbarara Nov 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Is the Cinema Theatre in Mbarara still running ?

I was there 15 years ago as a backpacker. It was a memorable place. Will be back in January 2015 with family and want to take them to the "movies" in Mbarara and support the theatre.

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

book a flight

Uganda Nov 9, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I am avery confident traveller who has travelled through asia many times,just booked the flight,1st nights accomadation and go from there,however next year would llike to go out my comfort zone and go to africa, is it easy enough just book the 1st nights accomadation in uganda or Ethiopia then travel around on my own.
      many thanks,Ben

more
    • Transportation

Uganda Nov 4, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Hello. I would like to know the cheapest way to get to Lyantonde from Kampala and go back to Kampala the other day. I'm guessing that would be by bus so can anybody direct me to a website with timetables for Lyantonde because I couldn't find one, thanks in advance.

more
    • Is kampala safe for expats

by kampalabound Online Now Aug 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

I Recently I received a job offer from a company based in Kampala

Since then i have been visiting numerous expat sites and blogs to find out the life of an expat in kampala

And even after going through several articles/blogs/websites I am still unable to make a decision.

My major concerns or queries are
      1. Safety ( I read, once it is dark you should never walk alone as there is every possibility of getting mugged, robbery etc and all)
      2. Health Concerns ( Water, sanitation, food related)
      3. If the accommodation and food is being taken care by the company how much money in US $ should be enough
      i was wondering if any expat with experience of living in kampala here can help me with my queries.

Also any kind of suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks & Regards

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • smart phones

by p88panther Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 6:43 PM

what is the price for smart phone

2 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • crazy fun (wild)

by roddic Online Now May 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Where would one go for crazy fun in kampala?

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • traveling to Rwanda by bus

by lindiwez Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 5:47 AM

hey, what is the most comfortable bus service to travel by from Uganda to Rwanda

• Malaria tablets

by cindyp51 Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Can I buy malarone in Kampala if I have to?

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • HOW CAN I GET HELP WITH IKEA

by HENRYSSEMAGANDA Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Am called henry ssemaganda.Am a primary school teacher,and at the sametime,i have an orphanage in kyannamukaaka masaka district.and we care for over 350 children,we are operating on a rented land,and temporary structures,Right now we need to buy a land and build,Our permanent school,orphanage homes,and a healthy center.among the needs we have also are food,clothes,medicine,transport like a school van and an ambulance,what should i do to secure help in IKEA?

1 Answer Nov 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • OlahC's Profile Photo

Distance from Entebbe airport to Kampala city

by OlahC Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Hi All,
      May any one know the distance from the Entebbe airport to Kampala city and which affordable but clean environment / lodge/ hotel to stay at for a night.

8 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    • lambik90's Profile Photo

Anyone experienced a trip from Kampala to Kigali ?

by lambik90 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Maybe with Jaguar transport ?

What's the cost, safety ?

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    • I wish to travel to Ngamba Island

by Peter256 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I will travelling with my friends to Kampala Uganda, we have got a workshop in the city center of Kampala BUT we wish to travel to Ngamba Island to see the chimps.. any one can help me?

3 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    • Need a driver to take me to Kitgum

by Alipops Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Does anyone know of an honest and reliable driver who could take me from Kampala to Kitgum? I need to go on about the 26th August and don't want the driver to wait for me. How much would this cost approximately and do you know how long it would take/

5 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    • hphil527's Profile Photo

6 weeks budget

by hphil527 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM

How much would it cost to stay in Kampala for six weeks?

8 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • MAKERERE UNIVERSITY GUEST HOUSE

by bipinunalkat Online Now Jan 23, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I WANTED TO BOOK ROOMS FOR APRIL. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT. PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESS PLEASE.

4 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    • Kampala Safety?

by Cooperson Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Hello
      I am arriving in Kampala in the next few days and staying for a week. Kampala has recently been in the news over here and again today about the unrest there at the moment. How is it? Just thinking of safety. Many Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 28, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    • Kampala Tree Top Restaurant

by peterdavids Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Can someone please tell me the name and address of a lovely restaurant in Kampala that is up a winding hill. The restaurant is open plan (ie the sides are open) and at the same level as the tree tops, so it looks like you are amongst the tree tops. It may be part of a small hotel. Lots of NGO workers go to eat there.

Also, can you tell me the names of some nice European style coffee shops/cafes for westerners in Kampala cente?

Thanks.

9 Answers Feb 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    • 5 medical students need home during internship

by lizalotje Online Now Jul 4, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Hi,

does anyone know where to find cheap furnished houses/appartments to rent in Kampala. We are looking for something where 5 people can sleep, preferably all our one bedroom.

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 10, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Where to stay / what to do?

by nattybabe Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Hi all,

I've just booked a trip to see the Gorillas in November (yay!!). I'll have some time at the end of the trip before my flight leaves and was wondering what you would do with that time. I'm not sure what time we'll get back to Kampala, but my flight leaves at 4pm the following day (Saturday). Thoughts?

So, here's the itinerary:

Day 1: Thursday
      leave the campsite in Kampala at 8am. Kabale town, Lake Bunyonyi
      Day 2: Friday
      Kisoro
      Day 3: Saturday
      Rwanda, DR Congo or Uganda - Gorillas
      Day 4: Sunday
      Lake Bunyonyi
      Day 5: Monday
      Kampala
      Day 6: Tuesday
      Kampala
      Day 7: Wednesday
      Jinja - Bujagali Falls
      Day 8: Thursday
      Jinja - Bujagali Falls
      Day 9: Friday
      Jinja - Kampala

I wanted to go to the Chimp Sanctuary however my family won't allow it (Rabies). I thought I could book myself into a nice hotel and use the pool, but that's boring!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nat

2 Answers Aug 1, 2010 at 5:42 AM
    • Affordable Flat or Apartment in Kampala

by EnergiaNR Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I am a student who will be doing a 6-week unpaid internship with a human rights organization from 24 May 2010 to 2 July 2010. I am looking for affordable housing ($350-600 for the month), and really only need a room with a place to keep my few things and to sleep. I am not seeking any real ammenities. I also need to be centrally located in the city, to easily get to and from work. Can anyone please help?

Thanks! :) Energia

1 Answer May 22, 2010 at 1:10 AM
    • rotarypeace2010's Profile Photo

Moving to Kampala July 2010

by rotarypeace2010 Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 6:32 AM

My husband and I will be moving to Kampala in July for about a year. I have a Rotary Club scholarship to study Peace and Conflict studies at Makerere and he will be looking for work for the year. We are trying to find an affordable place to live preferably a one-two bedroom place near main transportation routes. If possible we would like to live a semi-quiet area that is not completely taken over by expats... We won't be too picky but neither one of us is well-off and don't need a lot of the "extras" that most foreigners do. We will probably need a low-cost place to stay for the first month as well but I see some postings about that already. Also, another bonus, does anybody know about finding employment in Kampala? My husband has experience with about everything that involves working with your hands. Thanks!
      Eve

• Travel to Kampala with a 8 month old baby

by Laurafe Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hey there. I have a question. I have an 8 month old baby and I am concern about bringing him to Kampala. I have tried to get advice regarding bringing a baby over there and I couldnt find anything out there. Could someone advise or help in what I should know about bringing my baby there. Does he needs vaccinations? are the hospitals safe? What about baby food? water?
      Can someone help please?

12 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    • Mosa court hotel

by altaiir Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 10:50 AM

dis the Mosa court hotel in Kampala have a shuttle bus to pick up customer to Entebbe airport

2 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    • XxRoseannxX's Profile Photo

African renting in Kampala

by XxRoseannxX Online Now May 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Hello everyone,
      I know this is not a "travel" question but one that I would love help with. I have sponsor families living in or near Kampala and was wondering if anyone knew rougly how much rent would be a month in the houses that poor African families live in. Even a rough estimate would be great as I can't find anything when I "google" it.
      Many thanks,
      Roseann

5 Answers Nov 19, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    • Safety in Kampala

by adamsguest Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 8:47 PM

We are considering visiting someone in Kampala, but are unfamiliar with the area so we are concerned about safety. What has others' experience been on this topic, particularly if traveling with children? Thanks.

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 2:33 AM
    • Need Apartment/House

by jrlawstudent Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 11:19 AM

I need to rent a house or apartment for 6 law students from May 6th to the end of June in a nice area. Do you have any recommendations?

1 Answer Apr 30, 2007 at 6:29 AM
    • andrewinbrid's Profile Photo

cheap but safe and comfy accomodation required

by andrewinbrid Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 1:53 AM

I have never visited Africa before - I am looking for somewhere to stay which is cheaper than a hotel yet safe and comfortable.
      I also want to be in Kampala itself - central preferred.
      My visit is planned for one week arriving Sunday 7th Jan07.
      I am male, 55 and fit/healthy visiting a friend and to see the country etc.
      Also, how do I get to/from the airport - hotels proivide shuttle services!

2 Answers Dec 20, 2006 at 8:09 AM
    • House/appartment needed for 4 months 4 persons

by gerdien1983 Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 1:13 AM

In the period of februari/may 2007 4 students fro Holland have to fulfil their master research in Kampala. Therefore a house or appartment is needed for this period. Who can help us out?

5 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    • kennel

by ScottRS Online Now Nov 25, 2006 at 11:01 PM

I would like to identify a kennel in Kampala that would accept our house cat which will be arriving by air freight. I will be transfering to Kampala late next summer and to avoid all of the problems for the cat and ourselves it would be better if we could air freight our house cat to a good kennel in Kampala during the time we will take going home to the States for about one months time prior to arriving in Kampala.

A web page or e-mail address would be best but a phone number would suffice.

• equatorial hotel

by willsway Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 6:53 AM

hello evryone,
      anyone knows about the Equatorial Hotel in Kampala? Please tell me if it is good and safe.
      thank u.
      will

2 Answers Sep 13, 2006 at 2:21 AM
    • hotel

by blue_train Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 8:28 AM

hi...

i'll be travelling to kampala later this month. can anyone suggest a good hotel (4 star) near Luwum street? i'm going on business, and would like something comfortable and safe.

also, is kampala a safe place? and do i need any vaccinations before i go there?

thanks a lot...

2 Answers Sep 6, 2006 at 8:26 AM
    • apartment for rent

by mimijuliet Online Now Aug 29, 2006 at 11:31 AM

I will be travelling to kampala from late october to early January. I need a 2 bedroom self contained apartment and the charges too.
      It shd be in a secure environment please.
      Let me know if you know any apartments available.
      Thankyou.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2006 at 9:55 PM
    • tahu007's Profile Photo

DVD RENTAL IN KAMPALA UGANDA

by tahu007 Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 1:21 AM

Can anyone please tell me how much it costs to rent a DVD in Kampala
      Also to rent a Video.

Also can you get your hair done if so how much please. Wash and blow wave?

Thank you
      Tahu

3 Answers Jul 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM