Kampala Travel Answers

change location
nattybabe's Profile Photo

Where to stay / what to do?

by nattybabe Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Hi all,

I've just booked a trip to see the Gorillas in November (yay!!). I'll have some time at the end of the trip before my flight leaves and was wondering what you would do with that time. I'm not sure what time we'll get back to Kampala, but my flight leaves at 4pm the following day (Saturday). Thoughts?

So, here's the itinerary:

Day 1: Thursday
leave the campsite in Kampala at 8am. Kabale town, Lake Bunyonyi
Day 2: Friday
Kisoro
Day 3: Saturday
Rwanda, DR Congo or Uganda - Gorillas
Day 4: Sunday
Lake Bunyonyi
Day 5: Monday
Kampala
Day 6: Tuesday
Kampala
Day 7: Wednesday
Jinja - Bujagali Falls
Day 8: Thursday
Jinja - Bujagali Falls
Day 9: Friday
Jinja - Kampala

I wanted to go to the Chimp Sanctuary however my family won't allow it (Rabies). I thought I could book myself into a nice hotel and use the pool, but that's boring!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nat

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kimilena's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay / what to do?

by kimilena Online Now Jun 29, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Hi,
    You could go through to Entebbe and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary or the Botanical Gardens ... or both!
    There's also a hotel with a nice, large pool there too.
    ... and you are near the airport, so it's vey handy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • petersnice's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay / what to do?

by petersnice Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 5:42 AM

You don't really get to a physical contact with chimps at the sanctuary (unless you decide to splash out for an overnight trip), so worrying about rabies is not necessary.

I wouldn't recommend staying overnight at Entebbe before the flight home - the town is kinda sleepy and I think you'd regret it, especially in the evening.

I'd go for a long walk around Kampala's market area (I enjoy it immensely, check the "Heart of Kampala" documentary), buy a CD of local pop music or a DVD of ugandan music videos, then I'd take a boda-boda to the souvenir shops at the national theater for an hour or two of bargaining. After a long day out I'd rest a bit before going out in the evening to one of the nice clubs around the city - hey, it's Friday night!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines