Kampala Travel Answers

change location

hotel

by blue_train Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 8:28 AM

hi...

i'll be travelling to kampala later this month. can anyone suggest a good hotel (4 star) near Luwum street? i'm going on business, and would like something comfortable and safe.

also, is kampala a safe place? and do i need any vaccinations before i go there?

thanks a lot...

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bikeruk's Profile Photo

RE: hotel

by bikeruk Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 8:08 AM

Its a bit pricey.... but well worth it if you are going to be conducting business while you are there. Check out the Emin Pasha hotel at eminpasha.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bikeruk's Profile Photo

RE: RE: hotel

by bikeruk Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 8:26 AM

That didnt quite make sense.... I meant that the Emin Pasha is a bit pricey!!... I think Kampala is a safe place as long as you are sensible as far as common sense goes...Ive wandered around the Civic center area plenty of times and felt very safe .... would suggest you have a pre arranged car at the airport.... the traffic can be pretty bad!!! Anti Malaria as always a good general one!!!.... I take it you are up to date with Tet. and Polio Hep A is advisable.... as is B if you are expecting to ...well... enjoy the local hospitality. If you are gping to be heading inland for a long period rabies can be a goood idea.....
    Simon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines