Kampala Travel Answers

change location

Ikea in Kampala

by lohnrangers Online Now Oct 25, 2004 at 9:35 AM

Where is the Ikea in Kampala, how do the prices compare with Ikea in Europe/Americas ?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Ikea in Kampala

by Kalisana Online Now Oct 29, 2004 at 12:02 PM

Not seen Ikea in Kampala. Used the Tesco supermarket when i was there last time,if you visit on a Friday morning ,you get DOUBLE DIVIDENDS!!!!!!!.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by julianoxford Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 1:34 PM

Have just returned from a UK sponsored twinning trip with schools in Uganda - apparently there really is an Ikea in Kampala, but it's not on the webpage... the locals insisted it was there - 'something Swedish I think' said one - perhaps implying that the normal people don't use it?? I'm glad someone else is asking this question... I was amazed it was there!

• DDNLEU's Profile Photo

Re: Ikea in Kampala

by DDNLEU Online Now Feb 1, 2005 at 12:12 PM

My father owns the Ikea in Kampala. If your still interested you can mail me for the adress. It's much cheaper then in Europe and America but you have to take care because you have to send all furniture to your home country.

• RE: Ikea in Kampala

by marketuganda Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 11:37 PM

There is no IKEA in Uganda.
    www.marketuganda.com

• RE: RE: Ikea in Kampala

by kwezi Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 8:12 AM

there is or atleast WAS an ikea in kampala. on 6th street industrial area.right next to peacock paints. havent been to any other ikea in Europe/America but the prices in kampala were good. went there today and they seem to have moved. anyone know where they are?

by jongos Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM

The "Ikea" in Kampala is not actually an Ikea at all. It's owned by a guy named Jarl who tried to open an Ikea franchise but they told him the African market was too small so he got permission to use their 'likeness' and now makes original furniture borrowing heavily from their brand. It's also not at all cheap, the cheapest bed there is like900 US dollars. For something made locally, with few shipping fees for lumber, I'm not sure why. Regardless, you can read more about the Uganda Ikea here - appfrica.net/onedegreenorth/...

by RavinderPaulSingh Online Now Jul 24, 2009 at 3:43 AM

I would like to know the location for IKEA in Kampala.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines