Travel Answers
Kamloops

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Does anyone know what kind of market this was?

Vancouver 9 minutes ago

Me and my cousin walked into this street market in Gastown, and started filming, and we almost got jumped. The market was set up right next to the Ranier Hotel on the corner of Carrall and W. Cordova St. It was a Sunday.
      Anyways, those guys got really angry that were filming, and when we asked them why we can't film, they didn't answer, and were looking at us the whole time. Who were those guys? Why were they so angry about the camera? Were they selling stolen property? What kind of market was this?

I wrote a warning about it, with pictures.
      "Almost Got Jumped By Street Vendors" - Vancouver Warnings Or Dangers Tip by briantravelman

I was with my cousin who lives there, and HE didn't know what it was. His guess was as good as mine. Please, any information will help. I would like to know who these guys were who almost jumped us. I've never had anything like this happened before.

more
    • Kid Friendly Sites

Kelowna Jul 1, 2014 at 11:10 PM

We are the grandparents of a seven year old granddaughter. We plan on touring around BC with her for a holiday this summer. What are some recommended sites to see/do while in or around Kelowna?

more
    • stuff to do

Prince George Jun 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

In town for one night .... what's the best outdoor spot to go to within city boundary?

more
    • Wine tour in Okanagan Valley

Kelowna Jul 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Hi there!
      I'm doing a 10-day road trip through BC at the end of July, and Kelowna will be one of the stops for 2 nights. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good wine tours or the best areas (Naramata, West Kelowna, South Okanagan, etc) to tour? I'm looking for a tour that is fun, knowledgeable (as I do know a bit about wine already), and I'd love to go through wineries that are scenic. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks! :)

more
    • Transportation to Carriage Place Pier from Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver

North Vancouver Jun 23, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Can I take a taxi from this hotel to the Carriage Place Pier and if not what are my options.

more
    • Apou's Profile Photo

What's the nice place to go out on friday or saturday night?

Vancouver Jul 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

A place for 25 years and over... :)

more
    • Rent a car necessary

Vancouver 15 hours ago

Spending a week in Vancouver this summer, if I want to go to Lynn Canyon and/or Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, will I need to rent a car or is there good public transportation?
      Tnx

more

Has anyone hiked these areas?

Vancouver Jun 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Widgeon Lake, Golden Ears, and Mt. Judge Howay?

I wanted to go to Whistler, but Whistler is a bit far. These areas are closer, and have the same stuff.

I was wondering, is there a trail to Widgeon Lake? If so, how long is it, and where does one park his car?
      What about Blanshard Needle, and Evan's Valley? I see there is a nice waterfall at Evan's Valley, but it doesn't look like there is a trail.
      What about Judge Howay? Someone put a picture on Google Earth, of large waterfall flowing from red rocks. Is there a waterfall up there, if so, how does one get up there?
      Can these areas be hiked easily? And how long does it take to get up there from Surrey? I was thinking about just doing a day trip.
      Also, what will the conditions be like, late June, early July. WIll it be covered in snow, or will it be accessible?
      Any other similar places you could suggest for hiking, or should we just go to Whistler?

more
    • First time flyer/ international traveler

Vancouver Jun 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

So I am traveling with my husband to Vancouver in late July of this year. Neither of us have ever flown before let alone been out of the country. So I am looking for some advice on what to absolutely not bring and what I should bring for a week in Vancouver. I'm also looking for some ideas on what we should expect in the airport once we've crossed the border and the best/cheapest ways to get around town. Anything will help!

more

Are there any other places, like the Anthropology Museum?

Vancouver Jun 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I wanted to visit the Anthropology Museum, at the University, but I went on their website, and it says the fee is 16.75 CAD per person. That is quite a lot, and a bit too expensive for me.
      Are there any other places in the Vancouver area where I can see First Nations artifacts, for a cheaper price? I know there is one at Fort Langley, but the collection doesn't compare to this one.
      Is this museum worth the price?

more
    • Vancouver Island - 2 days

Vancouver Island Jul 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi there, I'm planning a 10 day road trip through BC and the Alberta rockies, and I have allotted 2 days to be on Vancouver Island. We will likely be camping both days, and would just like to visit beautiful places and spend time outdoors. I would love visiting or camping near a beach there one or two nights. Seeing wildlife would be a bonus! I don't need to drive all around the island, I just want to spend 2 scenic days on the island. Any suggestions?

more
    • Bus travel from Calgary to Kamloops

by webbes Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I have found a greyhound bus from Kamloops to Vancouver is it possible to go from Calgary to Kamloops. I am visiting Lake Louise for a few days before I arrive in Vancouver for Christmas..Any suggestions on how to travel from Lake Louise to Vancouver..
      Thank You Karen in Uk

1 Answer Nov 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • hangout places

by mariam2008 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

places you can meet ppl in Kamloops for new comers who want to hook-up

1 Answer Jun 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM
    • 1 night Accommdation in Kamloops

by TheTravellingSheep Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Has anyone got any reviews RE: The Trans Canada Motel, Kamloops, Canada.

I am driving from Vancouver to Banff in August and looking for cheap but suitable place for a half-way-stop. This motel looks ok, clean etc however i cannot find any reviews about it.
      or;
      has anyone any suggestions
      Thanks

3 Answers Jun 7, 2010 at 6:21 AM
    • charcoal drawing

by bvlester Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Is there anyone at Riverside park on Canada Day who can do a charcoal drawing of our daughter?

• Kamloops Wildlife Park

by fendleroc Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Hello

Driving from Kamloops to Golden I wonder if it worthes visiting that park

Thank you

• Driving from vancouver to kamloops & camera store

by fendleroc Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 2:48 AM

Helle

Three questions:

1. I plan to visit Canada in june and land in vancouver. How long does it take to drive from Vancouver to Kamloops before going to Golden the next day.

2. Can you recommand a hotel?

3. Is there a good camera store in Kamloops

Thank you

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Potentially Moving to Kamloops: Insights?

by Babzz Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Hello, I'm possibly attending TRU this September for 2 years (grad studies). I'd like to hear some input about what Kamloops and the area are like, just general thoughts, things to do, recommendations, anything really. It's tough making such a big decision from across the country. I wish I could visit first, but that's not a possibility. So far I've heard all good things about how beautiful the region is. Many thanks :)

9 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM
    • Two River Junction performers

by auby Online Now Oct 26, 2006 at 10:43 AM

We attended the Two River Junction Musical Revue on September 24, 2006. We greatly enjoyed the production – the individuals who portrayed Laura & Bill were outstanding. Unfortunately, we failed to record/remember the names of the actress/actors who were part of the review. We would appreciate being informed of the names of the six individuals in the roles of: Laura, Billy, the Mounty, the conductor, & Billy’s two accomplices.

G. M. & M. P. Aubertin
      auby@siu.edu

• England v Sweden June 20

by james7x7 Online Now Apr 29, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Kamloops to watch the World Cup match between England and Sweden on June 20? My wife and I will be passing through and need somewhere to watch the football.

3 Answers May 8, 2006 at 11:11 AM
    • What to do ?

by smiler_girl Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Hi

Myself and 2 friends arrive in Kamloops at lunchtime and leave the following morning - its Weds March 8th and in the evening we are going to go to the ice hockey game. Never been to one - we are from Australia - and it seems to be the only one that is one at the time we are in a city!!
      However, what is there to do from when we arrive to the game - just wander around town? I know we don't have heaps of time but is there anything that we should see? Plus where is a good place to get something to eat before the game - a good local place - a few beers and a good meal type of place - with good atmosphere!!

Thanks in advance!
      Tammy

1 Answer Sep 25, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    • Activities around town

by hikamloops Online Now Oct 18, 2005 at 1:33 AM

I work at the old courthouse hostel which sees over 9000 guests a year from all over the world, and I've noticed in the winter months that activites in the town have really lightened. Is there any activites that happen on a weekly basis, or special things that are going on??? If you could please reply so that we can inform our guests, that would be fantastic, thank you! Oh, and is the free 2-stepping lessons at CJ's on Wednesday or Friday... I can never seem to get ahold of them, and I have read that it is on Wednesday, and have heard it is on Friday, could someone clarify.. thanks!

• Moving to Kamloops

by Neptalia Online Now Aug 25, 2005 at 8:21 PM

Hello

My family and I are planning on relocating to Kamloops from Ontario. Does anyone know of a forum for people moving to Kamloops or just a general Kamloops City forum? We're looking to make some friends, get some info about the area, housing, job market, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 9, 2005 at 2:23 PM
    • looking for apartment and interesting place in kamloops

by utomo Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 4:23 PM

Hi - I'm planning to study at TRU in January'06. I and my family plan to go there on december so I'm looking for apartment for rent, preferably near TRU campus. Can someone give me some information? How about wheater condition - the temperatur - in december? What should I have to prepare because now I'm living in Jakarta, Indonesia?

Thank you for the comments
      Utomo
      ps: sorry for my bad "english-grammar"

1 Answer Aug 11, 2006 at 8:41 PM
    • Driving or taking the train from Kamploops to Banff or Jaspar

by dianediane Online Now Dec 12, 2004 at 8:13 AM

Hi - Want to know if anyone has traveled from Kamloops to Banff (or anywhere in the Banff area) or Jaspar, via car or train and how long it took and the upsides and downsides are for both. Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 17, 2004 at 3:12 AM
    • Things for teens to do in Kamloops

by mangojuice Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 10:11 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some information on activites/ attractions that would appeal to 16-19 year old males. This would be in the winter time, but could not include skiing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advan

1 Answer Dec 17, 2004 at 3:15 AM
    • Ash59's Profile Photo

Places to eat

by Ash59 Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 10:40 AM

One day to go and we are on our way to the Canadian Rockies! Checking all those wonderful VT member sites that give so much information about this area (Ann75 & Waalewiener to name just a couple) just for those extra couple of tips pointing to places and restaurants that we would not think of going to BUT... We are stopping in Kamloops for one night while travelling through on the Rocky Mountaineer but there is only one tipped restaurant for this place (thanks to Vic5). Has anyone got any favourites that they have been to here? Many thanks for your replies Andy

5 Answers Jul 22, 2003 at 12:03 PM