Kamloops Travel Answers

change location

What to do ?

by smiler_girl Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 2:16 PM

Hi

Myself and 2 friends arrive in Kamloops at lunchtime and leave the following morning - its Weds March 8th and in the evening we are going to go to the ice hockey game. Never been to one - we are from Australia - and it seems to be the only one that is one at the time we are in a city!!
However, what is there to do from when we arrive to the game - just wander around town? I know we don't have heaps of time but is there anything that we should see? Plus where is a good place to get something to eat before the game - a good local place - a few beers and a good meal type of place - with good atmosphere!!

Thanks in advance!
Tammy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: What to do ?

by smashley Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 3:51 PM

There is not alot going on in Kamloops on a Wednesday but i will suggest a couple things for you. If you are into shopping or looking a interesting stores, there is a really cool place on Tranquille Rd called Surplus Herbys. It has evreything from fishing to clothing and they always have some weird quirky items too. Last time i was in there, they had Japanese slot machines! While you are over there, right next door is a great greek resturant or you can head across the street a bit and there is the beach house pub. If you don't go to the north shore as it is called, the downtown strip has a lot of clothing stores and cofee shops to see or if you like the museum it is downtown also. A good place downtown to eat would be Fogg'n'suds. They have beers from around the world and it has pretty good food and a good atmosphere. Hope this helps. Have a good visit to kamloops.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines