Kamloops Travel Answers

change location
Ash59's Profile Photo

Places to eat

by Ash59 Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 10:40 AM

One day to go and we are on our way to the Canadian Rockies! Checking all those wonderful VT member sites that give so much information about this area (Ann75 & Waalewiener to name just a couple) just for those extra couple of tips pointing to places and restaurants that we would not think of going to BUT... We are stopping in Kamloops for one night while travelling through on the Rocky Mountaineer but there is only one tipped restaurant for this place (thanks to Vic5). Has anyone got any favourites that they have been to here? Many thanks for your replies Andy

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • duanestorey's Profile Photo

Re: Places to eat

by duanestorey Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 10:41 AM

Enjoy your trip! I was in Jasper and Lake Louise only a few weeks ago.. you'll have a great time.. bring lots of film, or lots of batteries!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Places to eat

by YVRDave Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 10:55 AM

Forster’s . Tropical-themed restaurant with a sweeping view of the city. Casual dining room specializes in prime rib, steak, seafood and chicken. Buffet brunch every Sunday. Entrées6-$18. Open year-round, daily 6 a.m.-12 a.m. (-1) Tel: 372-5312 Address: Located in the Best Western Towne Lodge, 1250 Rogers Way Kamloops Save: Put this Listing in My TravelGuide! Edit: Make changes to listing

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Places to eat

by Waalewiener Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 11:16 AM

Andy ,you and your family have a great vacation and I hope you have great weather ,thank you for mentioning Ann75 and my pages ,and YVR Dave ,you always are so very helpful ,I am sure it is very well appreciated by all of us , Duanestory .you were just there , I bet Lake Louise was georgeous this time, ok all the best from Lori and myself Andy Hans

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

by YVRDave Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 11:50 AM

I should also ask what type of food you like. Kamloops is a bit of an anomoly. If you have the time you should go to stumplake.com/guestranch.htm... It is about a 30 minute drive from town but, one of the people involved is a man named Gianni Picci who ran one of the best restaurants in Vancouver. He sometimes cooks and if you contact them they may know if he will that night.

• Ash59's Profile Photo

by Ash59 Online Now Jul 22, 2003 at 12:03 PM

Dave Many thanks for your reply and information. Hans & Duane Thankyou for your kind wishes. We are sooooo looking forward to this trip. Will report back when it is all over - boo hoo :-(

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines