Kamen Bryag

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Black sea Accomodations - small on the beach

Bulgaria Mar 24, 2015 at 8:55 AM

The 2 of us are traveling to Bulgaria this July 2105 and we are looking for small, mid-to-high end accommodations on the beach, preferably the southern part of the Black Sea.
      Not the family-holiday package accommodations that we see, but more private and reserved....can be an Inn or a B&B or whatever. Traveling with our own car, we are flexible.
      Any suggestions or exposing hidden treasures would be welcome

more
    • Bus connections

Apriltsi Mar 24, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a bus connection between Apriltsi and Veliko Tarnovo?

more
    • Spring vacation - Stara Planina?

Bulgaria Mar 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Hi -

We've decided to spend our one week spring vacation in central Bulgaria (hopefully enjoying it as much as we enjoy the southern (and higher) mountains of Rila and Pirin... We'll be staying at Tryavna (thanks johngayton for your recommendation), but we actually have decided to rent a car instead of going on public transportation. W'll appreciate any suggestions regarding places that can be reached within less than 90 min by car from Tryavna. We're interested especially in nature and photo opportunities, less in history (unless it's very photogenic... ;) ) Any hidden secrets about amazing natural beauties, scenic drives, authentic ethnographic traditions and locations, etc. will be very much appreciated...

Please keep in mind that we'll be travelling on last week of March - so I guess some of the trails won't be in a good state... (Hopefully we won't get a rainy week...)

Thanks again, Ana.

P.S. As we'll be driving to/from Sofia - any info about interesting places on the way there and back will be appreciated too...

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Logistic question

Sofia Mar 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Hi,

I am planning a one week vacation in Bulgaria in September before heading to Romania. My itinerary is Sophia, Rila Monastery, Plovidiv, Bachkovo Monastery, and Veliko Tarnovo. I will be traveling by myself. I am wondering if one week is sufficient to cover all the places mentioned. Is there a train system or bus system that connects all these places? I am not a good driver so I prefer not to drive. Also, how would I get to Bucharest, Romania from Veliko Tarnovo?

Thank you

more
    • AbbieB's Profile Photo

Value For money

Sunny Beach Mar 2, 2015 at 7:48 AM

I've just booked a girl holiday to Sunny Beach for a week and with it being my first time visiting Bulgaria I've been asking round about what to expect with prices getting different replies, I was wondering if it is as cheap as I've been told?

more
    • metro in sofia

Sofia Mar 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM

can you take the metro from sofia airport to central sofia?

more
    • Suggested plan for a spring vacation

Bulgaria Mar 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Hi -

We're about to book a spring vacation in Bulgaria. We've been there a few times already (most spent around the mountains, one at the beach), and now we're looking for a nice place to spend a week - without renting a car. We would like to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and maybe some local spring festivals (I heard there's something going on on the last weekend before Easter).
      Our first choice would be Bansko - just because we enjoyed it so much last time, in the summer.
      Any other suggestions?
      We haven't been up north at all (except 1 short visit to Veliko Trnovo about 20 years ago), and we LOVE high mountains (but not skiing!!), spring flowers, local food and local culture. We enjoyed festival at Gela very much last summer.
      We're planning to get "there" (wherever it'll be...) by public transportation, and rent a small place (preferably an apartment, or a room at a local family hostel, not a hotel ! )
      Dates of travel would be 27th March till 3rd April.

Any suggestions for a tranquil and beautiful place to spend a week at?

Thanks,
      Ana.

more
    • Spending Money ££

Sunny Beach 23 hours ago

I am going to sunny beach for 1 week end of May with my sister (22 & 24 years old)
      We were wondering how much we will need for the week as we have never been to Bulgaria and used the LEV. we are self catering so will be eating out every day and we will be going out clubbing and to pubs most nights.

Thanks

more