• avening1970's Profile Photo

xmas markets warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM

going to warsaw in Poland, will the xmas markets up and running

more
    • Train company in Poland

Lublin Nov 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Hello,

I am travelling to Poland, and looking to go from Lublin to Krakow without going back to Warsaw. I know there is a train from Lublin to Kielce, and then Kielce to Krakow, but I am having trouble booking the tickets online through PKP. I am either unable to select, or get an error popping up. This is for a trip in January, so it isn't last minute. Anyway, is there a place you can recommend buying train tickets from?

more
    • Where can one find a decent selection of pipe tobacco to buy in Poznan, Poland?

Poznan Dec 11, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Dear People,

Could anyone please be so kind as to suggest where someone might buy pipe tobacco
      in Poznan?
      I have asked at the tourist bureau and at one or two stores that sell cigarettes and at the up-market store
      that specializes in cigars at the "Browar" shopping mall -- with no luck. No one knows. Yet I do
      know that the striking Novotel Centrum here in Poznan hosted a celebrated pipe smokers convention here a
      few years back; so my guess is -- is that there must be someplace that's a real, all-round
      tobacco store.
      But where?
      Thank you kindly ahead of time.
      -- Eurycleia

more
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Outdoor skating rinks

Warsaw Dec 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm going to Warsaw in early January and I'm trying to figure out if there are any outdoor ice rinks in Warsaw?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Krakow city

Warsaw Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

For those who know the city: What is the closest train station in Krakow (traveling from Warsaw) if i need to get to Os Kosciuszkowskie 2? Krakow Glowny, Lagiewniki, Plaszow? Is it easy to reach walking or should i make it easy and take a taxi?
      Also, in Warsaw...is Dw. Centralny 04 where the busses stop the same building where the trains depart? Thanks!

more
    • avening1970's Profile Photo

electric plug for warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM

can you use ordinary euro plug adaptor in warsaw

more
    • Julia Sokol

Cmolas Nov 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM

My second great grandmother was from Cmolas. She was born in August 1893. She was Roman Catholic. How do I find out how many Catholic Churches there were in Cmolas at that time?

more
    • Wedding plans...accomodation and/or wedding venue ideas?

by warsawite Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

My fiance and I are thinking of getting married in this area...I am polish and he is English. Could anybody help with suggestions of accomodations and/or venues for the wedding...catholic services only. I have heard that there maybe a church with hotel, I saw it on the web a year or two ago but now can't find it...any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this

Warsawite

4 Answers Jul 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM