change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RuthP12's Profile Photo

avani hotel

by RuthP12 Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi we are coming in August to Sri Lanka for the first time staying at the Avani. Does anyone know is there a shuttle boat that takes people to Kalutara? What are the top things to do and see in the area??

Thanks
      Ruth

5 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • plenty to do outside of hotel complex?

by maccymaccy Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Hi

Me and my girlfriend like to get out of the hotel complex to do day trips and est in lical restaurants. Are there a lot of activities to keep us engaged for a weeks stay?

Andy

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • ukbill's Profile Photo

The ICE Colombo/Kandy train - is it possible from Kalutara?

by ukbill Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 7:47 AM

I'm staying at the Mermaid in Kalutara early November and I'd really like to try the train from Colombo to Kandy with the observation car. I know this might mean a crazy early morning start way down in Kalutara, but that doesn't worry me.
      So my questions:-
      1. Is is possible to do this journey there and back in just one day, spending several hours wandering around Kandy?
      2. The Srilankan rail timetables I've looked at on-line seem to suggest it is possible, but seem to tell me that there's 3rd class only early mornings from Kalutara to Colombo - is the really early train likely to be uncomfortably crowded?
      3. If it is possible - can I book this all in advance, with a reserved 1st class window seat (both ways) on the ICE train (I think it leaves Colombo at 7am??)
      4. How much will it cost? (if it is possible)
      Thanks for any replies

3 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    • Woo Hooo holiday booked to Kani Lanka

by glg105 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hi there,

I have just booked a 12 night stay in the Kani Lanka resort and spa for the end of August and beginning of September. This will be my first real experience holiday as i have to say up until now i have been guilty of the whole go and holiday and lay on a beach for a fortnight!! I am really looking forward to visiting Sri Lanka and i have been doing my research on places i would like to visit whilst there. I want to ensure i do not miss anything amazing though as i have had to save hard for this holiday and wont be in a position to go back any time soon so any info would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know any info about the Perahera festival?? and how far it is from Kani Lanka?

Also...one more thing...sorry so many questions....what is the currency i should take?

Many Thanks
      Gem :) x

7 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    • first trip to sri lanka

by sophiag Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

hi going to kani lanka in march.can you please help,have been told that we can only take in 5000 currency in with us and have just read that you cannot take cigarettes in.would be most grateful for replies ta

4 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    • kalutara, sri lanka

by rhogan Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 4:25 AM

is it posible to book return flights to ireland from Sri Lanka and which is the best travel agent to contact. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 17, 2006 at 11:32 PM
    • About Kalutara

by ramsab Online Now Jan 6, 2006 at 8:25 PM

I need to know the exact location, better with address the place of the Tree top Hotel in Kalutara,

please send your reply to rameez_cool007@yahoo.com

1 Answer Jan 7, 2006 at 4:13 PM
    • Hotel&smth to do

by NOKS Online Now Nov 3, 2004 at 4:59 AM

Good day, We are going to visit Sri Lanka on NY holidays (approx 28.12 - 09.01) with my girlfriend. Unfortunately just found this forum after the decision was made :( We choose the Golden Sun Resort in Kalutara (asked our travel agent to suggest smth - we need not expensive, good beach, smth to go aroun the hotel (disco, bar etc.) and was informed that Kalutara is the best place...Suppose our agent never have been in Sri Lanka at all... Would be grateful if somebody could tell me about the place (Kalutara)-beach, disco (not in hotel), bars etc and hotel (Golden Beach Resort). Thanks in advance

3 Answers Nov 3, 2004 at 3:18 PM
    • coming to kalutara on monday.....

by milo71 Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 2:37 AM

hi there...we arrive in kalutara on monday for 16 nights...since i've booked i've read lots about the weather and the area and wish i'd come on this forum before...can anyone tell me about the area at thius time of year?...is the weather really bad all day or just storms then fine again?...is the sea really brown from the river...and if so...where should i go instead nearby...thanks for your help milo

5 Answers Sep 30, 2003 at 5:20 AM