Kalutara Travel Answers

change location

kalutara, sri lanka

by rhogan Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 4:25 AM

is it posible to book return flights to ireland from Sri Lanka and which is the best travel agent to contact. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • erikdr's Profile Photo

RE: kalutara, sri lanka

by erikdr Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 7:04 AM

Hi there,

Well I've regularly seen Irish tourists there, but no idea how they arrange their trip. As you guessed it probably you will need a London (or at least UK) stopover, though you could also use Paris or Frankfurt for that. From all 3 cities direct flights to Colombo exist; regular ones by Srilankan airlines (www.srilankan.aero) and often also charter flights like Monarch or LTU.

As for travel agents for these flights, maybe the Srilankan website gives an Irish contact address?

All the best,

& [Sandya]

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DAVIDJSTOCKWELL's Profile Photo

RE: kalutara, sri lanka

by DAVIDJSTOCKWELL Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Hi there
    Yes, as per Erik, there is lots of Irish people go to Sri lanka, the last time i was there (May 2006), i met with a couple who had travelled from Dublin, they got a "free" flight from there, then flew sith Sri Lankan Airlines from Heathrow to Sri Lanka (Colombo)
    Maybe check out someone like Kuoni for details?

Regards
    Dave

• RE: kalutara, sri lanka

by Barfy Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 11:32 PM

We have travelled to Sri lanka 3 times now from N.Ireland and you have to go through London Heathrow-Gatwick or Manchester. As a family we used Thomas Cook.
    But recently my husband got a good deal for just flights using the internet, but had to go via Manchester.
    Hope this is of some help.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines