Kalutara Travel Answers

change location

coming to kalutara on monday.....

by milo71 Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 2:37 AM

hi there...we arrive in kalutara on monday for 16 nights...since i've booked i've read lots about the weather and the area and wish i'd come on this forum before...can anyone tell me about the area at thius time of year?...is the weather really bad all day or just storms then fine again?...is the sea really brown from the river...and if so...where should i go instead nearby...thanks for your help milo

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • sabeth's Profile Photo

Re: coming to kalutara on monday.....

by sabeth Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 3:01 AM

well, I canĀ“t tell you anything about the weather at that time, but it may be that the landscape is a bit wasted, because there were heavy floods and landslides a month ago in that area... And concerning the weather, well when I was there in march, the staff ouf our hotel told me, that normally there are rainfalls for an hour or two and then it brightens again..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: coming to kalutara on monday.....

by milo71 Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 5:17 AM

thanks sabeth...fingers crossed ;-)

by Rajsel Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 10:00 AM

Hi Milo, Its not raining whole day, there was no rain at all today ! it can rain for a few hours and then it will clear up, it all depends, we can't predict the weather. The south west monsoon has not set in yet, so there can be more rain in the coming weeks. Sea is not clear because of the rivers, if you go more south towards Unawatuna [near Galle] beach is much better. Good luck..enjoy your holiday......

by milo71 Online Now Jun 27, 2003 at 11:36 AM

Hi Rajsel thanks for your reply..i think we'll spend a few days where we have booked and maybe venture further south....cheers & looking forward to every minuite of the trip

• paultaylor9's Profile Photo

Re: coming to kalutara on monday.....

by paultaylor9 Online Now Sep 30, 2003 at 5:20 AM

check 5 day weather forcast at wunderground.com/global/stat... and select nearest area

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines