change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A travel itinerary for a 6 day vacation

Sri Lanka Jan 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hi!!

My 70 yr old parents in law are travelling to Sri Lanka in March 2015. Any recommendations for an easy paced holiday? I'm considering a beach resort (3/4 star) and a city.

The hotel/resort should have some restaurants/shopping at walking distance. I'm only aware of Bentota as a beach resort, can you recommend any others that fit the bill?

Also the other city break- Colombo or Kandy? Pros and cons of both would be much appreciated.....

Thanks so much, in advance!

Cheers!
      Sangeeta

more
    • Esala Perahera Festival

Sri Lanka Jan 25, 2015 at 7:35 AM

How much time should one give to seeing this festival? Is the last day 'a must see', or are the other days just as eventful. I am limited on the time in Sri Lanka as I plan to go to Nepal after.

Any opinions and advice are greatly appreciated.

more
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

3 days in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Jan 4, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Sri Lanka in a couple of weeks but are unsure as to where to go in that time. I have been to Kandy etc but he's never been before. We were thinking the South East Coast but are unsure which part. Do we have time to go as far south as Galle or Bentota? We will have 3 days ie landing at 4am on the Friday morning and departing 7pm on the Sunday night.

I would love to see the fishermen on the stilts as well as the turtle hatchery etc. No strict must sees though as we'll just be there to relax, eat and soak up the culture.

Many thanks, Natalie

more
    • ingap25's Profile Photo

Sri Lanka Tour

Sri Lanka Jan 19, 2015 at 7:44 AM

I'm planning a 10-days tour of Sri Lanka. Which place should I visit and how to travel from place to place?
      Thank you!!

more
    • Finding a driver/guide for Cultural Triangle trip

Sri Lanka Jan 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM

How to find a reliable and honest driver/guide for pick up in Kandy (3 adults), then 3 nights based at Habarana for touring to Sirigiya/Dambulla, Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa before returning to Kandy on day 4. We are happy to book our own accommodation. Need someone with good English, and a knowledgeable and safe driver who can take us to the 'must see' places please. Thanks for any advice.

more
    • ayurveda hotel

Sri Lanka Yesterday

hello!!!! can you suggest any hotel offering ayurveda treatments. no touristy big hotel please.thank you

more
    • Hotel near the airport in Colombo

Sri Lanka Jan 12, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Upon our arrival in Sri Lanka I would like to book a hotel near the Colombo airport for the first night and the night before we depart. Any recommendations, and are there any hotels that provide free transportation from the airport to their hotel?

more
    • Bladewings's Profile Photo

Colombo To Sigiriya and Back?

Sigiriya Jan 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Hi can anyone advise me, how much I should expect to pay for a driver from Colombo to Sigiriya and back on the same day? Leaving at about 5am in the morning. I was told it is doable and was quoted, 13,500 Rupees. I was also quoted 5000 Rupees for a driver for a day by someone else but the Sigiriya trip may be considered a bit longer than a standard "day". How does the price sound? Too expensive or reasonable?

Thanks.

more
    • travel to Kandy

Sri Lanka Jan 18, 2015 at 2:46 PM

is there an inexpensive minivan shuttle, or way to share a taxi from the airport near colombo to Kandy ?

more
    • Finding accommodation

Sri Lanka Jan 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM

We are travelling to Sri Lanka in February and have accommodation arranged in Colombo for the first couple of nights. We like to keep our options open when travelling rather than book accommodation in advance. This worked well for us in Costa Rica last year. Is it easy to find guest houses at short notice whilst travelling around? We will probably use public transport where possible and maybe hire a car and driver for more remote places. Thanks.

more
    • meilanlin.sherry's Profile Photo

Is is safe to travel alone as a 21 girl

Sri Lanka Jan 12, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to travel 3 weeks in sri lanka from jan. to feb. alone.

I have seen this kind of question before but it was asked in 2004.

I would like to have some updated news, thank you so much!

Generally, during the day (i don't go out alone midnight), is it safe for public transportation, tourist places,,,etc.

cheers,

sherry

more