Kalkan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cost of living for 2 week hols

by susanc0104 Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM

In August I am embarking on my first holiday abroad in 10 years with my 2 teenage sons. We will be staying in a self catering villa with family. Can anyone give me an idea of how much spending money would be needed for 2 weeks. I should imagine we will mix eating out & eating in, a few sightseeing day trips some water sports and regular holiday stuff. Thanks in advance

• Train Kalkan to Istanbul

by SuperMum1970 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM

We are travelling from Kalkan to Istanbul Airport with 2 young children in July - which is the best train to take?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2014 at 12:20 AM
    • Kalkan or Dethiye

by Sheila49 Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Hi. Having returned twice to Hillside Beachclub in Fethiye, we wonder about September 2014, trying a smaller hotel experience, perhaps Kalkan Regency in Kalkan. We would take two weeks hopefully combining a few days gulet cruise. We are attracted to Kalkan because one of our favourite places is Fiscardo in Kefalonia, and we are told Kalkan is similar? I would like to ask re. Restaurants in Kalkan, are the food options varied enough for 2 weeks? Secondly, if we select the Kalkan Regency, we have free access to Mahal Beachclub. As we have not used a beachclub before, could you tell me what to expect? Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    • turkish bath

by marinapalma Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM

where can i get the best turkish bath in Kalkan?

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • turkish bath

by marinapalma Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • turkish bath

by marinapalma Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM

1 Answer Sep 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    • Exchange rate

by McGuffog Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

What rate is being given for sterling in the shops and cages in Kalkan

2 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    • Patara Prince Beach club

by lazya Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Hi, I have booked 10 days in the Patara Prince development in Kalkan and have read some disappointing reviews. Does anyone have recent first hand experience of this place. I am taking teenagers. Thanks, Barbara

1 Answer Aug 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    • kalkan

by voedely Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

info about Kalkan turkey

3 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    • My unease at being pestered to go into Bars and Restaurants in Kalkan.

by paddleschaucer Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 6:45 AM

Am I alone in not wanting to be hassled into going into bars and restaurants by staff? Is it a cultural thing because on principle we never go into places where staff are paid to stand outside and beg us to eat there? More business would be done if U.K tourists were left alone. Now money is short sometimes you only want a drink but there is big pressure so we do less promenading the way one does in Spain and France. After eight wonderful holidays there we are trying to avoid feeling constantly uncomfortable by choosing to go back to Spain next year instead.

9 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    • fans

by asavageforest Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM

hi we are coming out to kalkan in two weeks for our fith visit ,can anybody help, we are looking to hire/buy an electic portable fan for the two weeks.as my husband suffers a little with asthma we cannot have the air con at night in the bedroom.as we are familiar with mostly every where in the town.any help would be appreciated as to where we could obtain one thank you.

• travel

by chambkan Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM

We are coming to Kalkan for the first time in September and really looking forward to our visit. Can somebody tell me the best way to get from the airport (plane arrives about midnight). Not sure whether taxi or coach?

Cheers

Jan hambers

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    • Kalkan season start

by LauraHerts Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Hi Kalkan experts,
      Inspired by the great pages on Kalkan and the surrounding area to think about holidaying there this Easter (10 days from 22nd Apr 2011).
      However, I wanted to check that places like restaurants, bars and trip companies will be fully up and running at this time as I realise a lot of things shut up shop over the winter. Does anyone have any experience of Kalkan this early in the year and can give some advice about whether our holiday will be limited by chosing to go early?

Thanks for any advice!
      Laura

• turkish bath

by frosty0543 Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 11:51 AM

as the pirat got a turkish bath

• Kalkan

by manuela1 Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Hi, we'll be in Kalkan next week, our first time there, can anyone recommend any places of interest around Kalkan, and boat/day trips?
      Are there any Turkish baths in or around Kalkan? Things to look out for?
      Thanks

• First Time to Turkey

by hortonhearsawho Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 4:45 AM

We are going to Kalkan for 2 weeks with two 15 year olds girls. Can you recommend places to see - dont want to hire a car so needs to be accessible by Dolmus and how easy is it to get around this way.

Many thanks

4 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    • Transfer from Dalaman Airport to Kalkan

by DianeAcon Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 2:02 AM

I am travelling alone to Kalkan. I will fly into Dalaman but am loathe to pay £180 for a return transfer to the airport! Are there any direct shuttles at reasonable costs? I do not wish to hire a car.
      I would be grateful for any advice.
      Many thanks.

3 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    • Decision re apartment near to town or a bit further

by HLEMids Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I am keen to work out where is best re accomodation to stay in.
      Which apartment I pick will be the quietest, easy for moving car about after curfew of 9pm but not too much heavy walking when daughter of 7 walks back with us at night and wlaking with groceries

one thats says just off main street of Kalkan beach near the centre of kalkan and harbour 5 five min walk away . YALI BOYU MAH,

The other says 500m away 10 min walk to town , 5 min stroll from old town near to Milli Egerneniik CD.

Would welcome advice

2 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    • kalkan night out

by dunzo1 Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

are there any bars with quiz nights or entertainment?thx

1 Answer Jul 31, 2010 at 4:20 AM
    • kalkan Take away

by bilim Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Dear travelers,

It has been raining since morning and we are reluctant to live the villa to go for dinner to the local restaurants. Do you know if there is a good Turkish take away in Kalkan?

Many thanks,
      Olga

• gwendar's Profile Photo

ATM S IN KALKAN

by gwendar Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM

hello can anyone let me no if there are any ATM CASH MACHINES kalkan

4 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    • Live Sport in Kalkan

by agnesd Online Now Aug 30, 2008 at 2:30 AM

I'm just about to go to Kalkan on our summer holiday. I'm really looking forward to Turkish food and everything this place has to offer. However, my partner is already worried about all the football he'll miss during these 2 weeks.
      Do you know of anywhere in Kalkan showing live games?

Many thanks
      agnes

4 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 4:17 AM
    • Tailors in Kalkan

by jyandrews Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM

I visited Kalkan back in 2002 and bought a kaftan/cover-up?? from Yousuf the Tailor in a little side street in Kalkan. I would love to find out if it is possible to buy from him again of if he is still there? I really enjoy relaxing in my kaftan but it is getting a little past its wearable date.. I would appreciate any help in locating this tailor. Many thanks in advance.

Yvonne Andrews

2 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 AM
    • Exchanging cash - UK or Turkey

by emmajanesmith Online Now May 24, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Hi all,

I suppose this is a general Turkey question but I've posted it here since my holiday will be in Kalkan in Sep 08. Is it better the exchange British pounds in Turkey than in UK? I heard you get a better deal if you exchange in Turkey, if that's the case, where's the best place to do this?

Cheers,

Emma

4 Answers Jun 24, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    • Transportation in Kalkan/ Dalaman?

by Macies Online Now May 8, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and have read through most of the responses and they are all very helpful. Most of the information I've found has come from this website.

I am going to Kalkan and flying into Dalaman first. What is the best way to get to Kalkan? Drive or private airport transfer? Would it be better to rent a car for our whole stay in Kalkan (5days). We hope to visit Kas, Kekova, the Gorge etc. I believe there are buses, dolumuses but I'm just worried that they don't run too frequently. On the other hand, not sure how the driving/parking is and especially the 2h transit time from the airport to Kalkan. Any suggestions would be helpful. Please advise and thanks for your help! Happy Travels!

2 Answers May 14, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    • kalkan for the first time

by lipstickqueen Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM

hi myself and partner will be visitng kalkan for 2 weeks from the 9th may,
      we have looked at some sights showing sun bathing ledges can someone explain if we can use them, and where are they?
      many thanks
      p.s can you give us some information regarding eating places at reasonably places, and also some music bars.

1 Answer May 26, 2008 at 2:24 AM
    • From Istanbul to Kalkan-- train, bus, car?

by e_fish Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 4:09 PM

First of all, I am very impressed by all the helpful hints about Kalkan posted on this site.
      Hopefully, you'll have some insight for me...

We (my fiance and I) are planning to honeymoon in Kalkan in April/May of 2008, and we're planning to fly into and depart from Istanbul. What's the best (cheapest, quickest, or most enjoyable) way to travel from Istanbul to Kalkan and from Kalkan to Istanbul?

3 Answers Aug 30, 2007 at 10:07 AM
    • Hollie2212's Profile Photo

Bus from Kalkan to Alanya

by Hollie2212 Online Now Aug 3, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Hello, can anyone help me?

Next month I will be coming to Kalkan for the second time this year. But I wanted to travel to Alanya for a few days, I assume it takes about 6 hours.

But how much would it be? would i need to change bus in Antalya??

Thanks, any help would be most appreciated!

Hollie

3 Answers Aug 5, 2007 at 12:27 PM
    • Driving From Dalaman to Kalkan

by JayDean Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Hi guys,

Does anybody know how easy it is to drive from Dalaman Airport to Kalkan? We will be arriving next week but have been unable to find any maps or directions on-line. Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

2 Answers May 5, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    • OzgurEY's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel in Kalkan?

by OzgurEY Online Now May 9, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Hey guys,does anyone know a nice , kind of family hotel,which doesnt need to be big or magnificient,just clean and close to centrum in Kalkan?The name , telephone or web adress from the hotel,thanks already.

4 Answers May 28, 2008 at 7:59 AM